Status: In progress

My Only One

FRIEND relationship.

~Alex~
I didn’t know what to say. I was freaking out. For a week up until we kissed, me and Megan were like strangers to each other. We are kind of back to that again. After we kissed, I completely froze. I didn’t know what to do or what to say and I was so nervous. I considered us really good friends and I know she considered us the same so I didn’t know what her reaction would be if I had asked her out. I guess you could say that I was too scared to ask.

I mean. We talked still and hung out but it was so awkward. When we were with each other we literally just sat in silence the whole time. It made me sad. I thought that whatever happened between us, we would always stay close. It was just an awkward thing. After all that has happened in the past couple weeks everyone could see this coming. It was bound to happen sometime. Everyone has their disagreements and fights in their relationship.

FRIEND relationship.

The thing was, I wanted to be with her. I need to suck it up and ask. I decided that I would, maybe after school today. The day went by slower than ever. It was only second period. I always look forward to lunch. It was the only part of the day I really enjoyed. And the time I got to spend with Megan. Those classes were worth the wait.

~End of day~

“Megan.”

“Alex,” she replied, tonelessly.

“What’s…uh…going on?”

She was facing Jack’s car waiting for him but spun around quickly. “Seriously?”

“What?”

“You have frozen me out for what? Two weeks now and all you have to say is ‘what’s going on’?”
I shrugged and stared at my feet. “I guess.”

She sighed. “Alex, what’s happening to us?” I need to ask; to get it out of the way.
“I don’t know.” I couldn’t. I’ve never been nervous to talk to her or ask her anything before, but now that feelings have somewhat come out, it’s completely different. There was only one thing I knew how to do. I cupped her face in my hands and crashed my lips up against hers. I heard a couple whistles and that made us break apart and laugh.

“Megan, will you be my girlfriend?” She smiled and kissed me again. “Yes, yes, yes. I don’t get why you couldn’t have just asked me this before. I was going to but I thought it would have been kind of weird so I didn’t.”

“Whoohoo!” Jack came running up to us. “I knew, knew, knew it.” He shook his head. “I told them this was going to happen. Oh, boy. I am amazing. But wow. You two are so cute together. I just want to pinch your cheeks.” I punched Jack in the arm. “Shut up, Jack. Please.” He shook his head. “It’s okay. It’s not awkward for me at all.” He smiled and Megan started to laugh.

“Jack you a dick,” she says.

“I know. Look.” He started to unbutton his pants.

“Whoa. I got to stop you there.” I slap his hand.

“Well,” he starts, “the moral of the story is you two are adorable and I knew it.”

I looked at Megan and kissed her gently and hugged her tight, wishing I never had to let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe!