Status: In progress

My Only One

She’ll kill you or something.

~Alex~
A month later

I couldn’t even believe what I was hearing. This was crazy, insane. I had only dreamed of something like this happening to me…and to everyone else of course. I went to tell Jack.

“No. No way,” he said in disbelief.

“I got the call ten minutes ago.”

He let out a little yell thing and gave me a hug. “Holy shit, man! This is insane. I told you someday that this would happen. All we had to do was slow down and think a little more clearly.” I smiled. “Let’s run over to Megan’s really quick?” He nodded.

We walked downstairs and out my front door and walked up to Megan’s house. I knocked. Her mom opened the door, a bottle of wine in her hand. “Megan, get your ass down her right now!” She turned around and yelled and then walked away without saying anything to us. Megan walked slowly to the door and then I realized that she was limping. I kissed her and gave her a questioning look. She shook her head at me.

“Baby, are you okay?” I whispered anyway. She shook her head. “She hurt my leg. Why are you here?” She said, plastering a smile on her face.

“Guess what? Guess what? We got signed! We got signed to Hopeless Records!” She smiled and hugged me. “My God. That’s so amazing. I’m so happy for you.” She smiled and kissed me. She turned to look at Jack. “And you too!” She hugged Jack and kissed him on the cheek. Jack blushed.

“Man, we need to go tell the other guys.” Jack said looking at me. “Can’t we just call them?” I asked, not wanting to go anywhere. They both shook their heads at me. “No!” They both said at the same time. “This is way too big to tell someone over the phone, especially since they’re in your band.” Megan scolded me. “Sorry baby.” I gave her a pouty face. I leaned in and pressed my lips up against hers. We started to get a little more into it when Jack said something. “Sorry to cock block but I don’t want to see this and we have to go. Angry mommy coming toward us.”

I looked over and saw Megan’s mom walking out of the kitchen door. She looked pissed off. Megan grabbed my hand and started to pull me out the door when her mom spoke. “Where do you think you’re going you selfish little bitch?” Her mom walked over and pulled Megan away from me. “Going out, mom.” She slapped Megan across the face and pushed her to the floor. “Get off me!” She yelled. She didn’t get off. I ran over and pried her off Megan. “Run! Get in the car and go! I’ll meet you there!”

They ran.

“What do you think you’re doing? Get off me!” Her mom screamed at me. “You’re never allowed to see my daughter again.” I shook my head. “I think it should be the other way around.” I walked out the door. I should report this and get Megan out of there and get her little sister’s out of there. I’ve tried before but Megan wouldn’t let me. She didn’t want her and her sisters to get separated. She would hate me and that can’t happen. I’ll help her anyway I can. I got into my car and drove to Rian’s.

~Megan~

Ouch. My leg hurt so badly because my mom had pushed me down the stairs a half hour before Alex showed up. It hurt to walk. I already felt a bruise forming on my cheek. I couldn’t handle this anymore. Alex slammed the door open and ran to me. “Are you okay? Baby, you’re fine now.” I started to cry. What was I going to do?

“Does your mom know where I live, Megan?” Rian asked, walking through the door with an ice pack. I shook my head. I never really mentioned Rian or Zack to my mom. They’d been over a few times but the only person my mom knows is Alex. “You can stay here then.” I nodded. “Yeah, baby I won’t let you go back there. Not after what just happened. What did she do to your leg?” I tried to stop crying so I could talk. “She pushed me down the stairs. I’m okay though.”

Alex hugged me tighter. “No, that’s not okay. Not at all. What about your sisters?”
My mom liked them. She never hit them. “They’ll be fine for now.” I can’t let them stay there so we’d have to figure something out soon. “Alex, you need to take me back to get my things.” He shook his head. “No, no, no. Is your window unlocked?”

“It’s open.”

“I’ll go get your stuff then, okay?”

“No. If she finds you, she’ll kill you or something.”

“Does she know where you’re room is?”

“After four years, no. She doesn’t care enough to come see me anyway. So I guess as long as she doesn’t see you outside you should be fine.”

“I love you,” he said to me.

“I love you too.” He kissed me, turned around and walked out the door. I heard his car pull out of the driveway. I looked over at Zack, who stayed to keep me company while Jack and Rian went to buy food. “You’ll be really excited to hear the good news when he gets back,” I told him. “What news? Tell me now!”

“Nope, sorry. It’s not my place to tell you. It’s Alex and Jack’s.”

He rose his fist up at me. He came at me but instead of hitting me he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug. “Hey, you know that we’re always here for you, no matter what.” I nodded.

“You’re the best, Zack.”