Status: Active As Long As You Want It To Be...

All Time Hunger Games

"Your Lover Is In The Other Direction!!!"

Part 10

Every year it was the same old story. Another loser. Another weak link. Another failure that John knew wouldn’t bring him a victory. John could always count on District 12 to give him a complete loser of a tribute. Every. Single. Heartbreaking. Time. That’s why most of the time, he didn’t even try. It wasn’t worth the emotional distress. Each year he would get his hopes up, thinking ‘this was the year we can bring home the gold’ just in time for a higher district tribute, more skilled and more trained than his own, to rip that secret wish to shreds, leaving his hopes as just another impossible daydream.

But.

This year was different. There was something about those silly little band boys that sparked the almost nonexistent flame of hope and determination within John’s soul. Maybe it was how confident they seemed, how well they connected with each other. Or was it the way they knew themselves so well; the story they all shared. But most of all, John felt like he could relate to them more than any other tribute that ever came out of District 12. He...he actually cared about them.

It wasn't too long ago that John himself, like the boys, was a young rock star at the prime of his career. Being a young guitarist for the Beatles, he was very familiar to the life they lived. It felt like it was just yesterday that he was playing Madison Square Garden, with thousands of screaming fans and tens of thousands of flirtatious girls chased after him and his best friends. He'll admit, John was living the good life! He was on top of the world back then...

Thinking back to the good old days made John laugh...It was one of the few things that always caused his gloomy frown to grow into a wide and bright grin. His past life always reminded him of his best friend Paul.

Paul Mccartney was the lead singer in the Beatles, but most importantly, the person John admired the most. They did everything together; they were inseparable best friends. Their relationship actually reminded him a little bit of Alex and Jack. He could tell those two boys were joined at the hip as much, if not more than him and Paul. John sighed. He really missed Paul...

When John first met Alex and Jack, he instantly felt the connection they had with each other. He could tell the two boys had a very close relationship and a history like a river, it was long and deep, but always kept on going. They seemed the share everything, especially hundreds of inside jokes that John wished to never know the meaning of. Now, things were different. Alex seemed to have his mind elsewhere, leaving Jack somewhere close behind. What happened?

Was it Audrey? Was she ripping the two boys apart? Alex deeply cared for her and the feeling from Audrey was mutual: it was clear as day. Everyone seemed to love the idea to the two of them being so close...except for Jack.

Not many people could tell, but John was sure of it. There was something...off about Jack now. Not just the fact that he was a total goof to the point where John thought he needed psychological help, but something else. He didn't flirt with the other girls like Zack and Alex did, and it obviously wasn't because he was super focused on his training or anything like Rian was. John could see through Jack like a crystal clear window. He had deep feelings for Alex. He truly cared about his best friend, but John could tell to Jack it was more than just a friendship. It was more than just him having his back and making sure he was always safe. Relating to Jack was something John would never want to admit, but something he himself found obvious.

“ALEX!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? YOUR LOVER IS IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!!!!” John found himself screaming at the 500 inch screen in front of him, totally out of character. Before he was able to silence himself and pretend nothing happened, all eyes were on him. Confusion filled the room, allowing John to slowly sink down back to his seat.

Effie tapped him on the shoulder, grabbing his attention. “No John,” she said very concerned about her peer after never seeing him like this before. “Don’t worry, Audrey’s right there.”

Effie turned back to the gigantic screen paying close attention to the games, clearly not aware of what John was referencing nor caring about her peer's insanity. Not that John really cared about her opinion!

John looked around the room and saw all the other districts' representatives trying to work up the crowd and get sponsors. He could see some people's faces start to melt, find sympathy, and clearly make fan favorites!

Did John HAVE to help the boys and Audrey... no! But he sure wanted too! He would do whatever he could to keep his tributes alive! Most importantly, to reunite the boys that reminded him of him and his best friend. They have touched his heart in more ways that one. Maybe others will feel the same way...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You need more than just skills to win the games, right ” The man laughed to his co-anchor. His black hair shined from the extreme amount of grease used to slick it back. His eyes were charcoal black, making them pop from his pale skin and black suite.

“You’re right, Vern. A grade A example would be Sabrina Chambers.” She laughed along with him before turning her smile into one of seriousness. “Yesterday, She made a fatal mistake.”

“It wasn't exactly a mistake, but rather than her just being in the wrong place at the wrong time! I mean that arrow came out of nowhere! Who could have shot it? was any one out to get her? Most importantly, where was her lover boy to protect her!?”

“Josh, you mean? Didn’t she used to date his older brother? What a lost of such a fine young champ. Josh seems to be preoccupied by the old flame he’s found, and it’s burning much stronger than him and Sabrina ever did.” Vern built off of her statement, “Have you seen how close Audrey and Josh are? New cutest couple. I ship Jodery! “

“What can I say, some girls like to keep it in the family! But I on the other hand, ship Audrey with Alex. Audrex!! They’re a perfect example of love at first sight. Speaking of love another interesting death that happened was an act of love,”

“You mean the couple from District 6? Classic Romeo and Juliet! Lets show a replay."

Both announcers turned to watch the gigantic screen behind them where they watched one of the most romantic deaths play out. The clip started opening on two tributes running for their life.

“Greg! How do you keep running so fast?” The barely seventeen year old girl shouted, running from what she called her allies.

Greg did a breathy laugh, “I told you, Amber, you should’ve ran cross country with me.”
Amber had long legs, the kind that appeared to go on for miles, but apparently weren’t good for running. She looked just like a supermodel, 6’9 with medium length brown hair and rainstorm gray eyes. Stunning to say the least. Greg on the other hand, was the opposite. He had a bit of the nerdy look minus the glasses. He was a little on the short side, making Amber tower over him. His hair was a very short chocolate brown which matched his eyes. The only thing you could think as you watched them run, fingers laced together, was wow that was one cute couple. Maybe awkward and out of the ordinary, but adorable as is.

Greg’s looks matched his brain. He was one of the smartest in all the districts, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t fall for the most obvious things. Literally.

CRASH! That’s all it took, one root sticking out and down Greg went, a snap coming soon after.

“Are you okay?” Amber scooped him up and set him down on her lap, worry clouding her eyes.
Greg laughed, trying to ignore the throbbing pain from his left foot. “Yeah, it’ll be fine. I thought you were suppose to be the clumsy one?”

Amber smiled, showing off her pearly white teeth. “Greg. I don’t know how long I can hide you from my group. They have 3 strict rules. Don’t fall in love. No boys. And never turn your back on the fellow “sisters”, unless they break the rules.”

Greg frowned.

“We should start our own group, y’know! We could... we could win together. It’s been done before!” Amber began, trying to think of any convincing reasons.

“You leave that group, Amby, and you’ll die. I promise you this. I love you and you’re optimistic thinking, but this is the Hunger Games. We both aren’t making this out alive.”

“What are you saying?” Water threatening to pour over her eyelids.

“I was saving this for a trap, but I think this would be a better use” He moved of her lap and reached in his backpack, pulling out a small bag with ruby red berries inside, “Their poisonous. If we each take 10 of them now, we’ll die together. I know it’ll be enough.”

Amber gazed into his eyes, they were full of worry. “If we do it now, it’ll be saving us a lot of pain right?”

“Right” He responded confidently, handing her some berries. She curled up in his side, there legs intertwined and her head laid upon his shoulder. As soon as the scarfed down the surprisingly tasty berries, their hands intertwined.

Amber kissed Greg’s neck, “I love you so much!.”

Greg pulled her in tighter before kissing her forehead, “I love you more than any boy has ever loved. I’d conquer the world for you.”

Amber humed lovingly in response, nuzzling her head in his neck as Greg stroked her hair. They’re eyes shut.

And slowly, the hearts began beating slower till not a single beat was left.

The two announcers turned back to the table and attempted to pull themselves together intone to finish thire cast.

“If that didn’t make you tear up, go watch the Titanic you heartless wench.” The co-anchor said pulling a handkerchief out of a pocket on her bright pink blazer.

“I think it’s time to read off the names of the few that died on the first day.”

“From district 1, Sabrina Chambers. From District 2, Payton Callaghan and Felix Mendelssohn. From District 3, Kaleb Sayers. District 4, Colton Koch. Looks like district 5 won’t be bring home a winner, both Jamey Hixon and Laney Pipin are gone. Of course, from District 6, the love birds, Amber Bloom and Greg Blackwood.”

“None from District 7. Mitchell Oh from District 8. District 9, we lost the highly ranked Nathan Dallas. Sadly both groups from Districts 10 and 11, Jake Kinsley, Zoey Pattan, Finn Heckleburn and Hannah McCloud. And no one from District 12 yet, shocking.”

Both too a socconed look at the list, realizing how many of the male tributes were out of the games.

“Looks like we got an awful lot of girl power this years! How refreshing!”

“Almost every group lost someone except District 12. Who would have thunk!” Vern said to the women his left.

“Right! Who would have thunk? Now enough of our little bantur. Let’s tune back into the games!”
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLO FABULOUS READERS!!!!
So did you guys learn yet that when we say "we will update by..." we really mean a month later from that date? Yeah, sorry about that. It's hard to get ideas onto paper and have it make sense if you know what I mean.
I hope you guys don't mind us taking a break from the boys for a chapter. Don't worry, they'll be back in the next one. Get ready for a lot of conflicting emotions in the next update! See you as soon as possible (we will try to make it less of a wait this timeXD)
If you like what you see, leave a comment! It really make our day to know people actually like our story! Thanks! ~Anna