Status: Active As Long As You Want It To Be...

All Time Hunger Games

“The Lazy Ass Is My Brother.”

"WAKE UP!"

Jack heard a voice yelling in his head. He moaned and rolled over on his side.

"WAKE UP NOW!"

The voice continued to boom in his head giving him a headache. Jack sat up, rubbing the back of his neck which was sore as ever. What happened the night before? But more importantly, WHERE THE HELL WAS RIAN!?!?

Jack quickly jumped to his feet after turning a ghostly white color. He was alone.

He passed back and forth, trying to remember what has happened. Where Rian could have possibly gone... nothing. Nothing came to his mind.

Jack fell to his knees, realizing one of his worst fears had come true, he was alone. he pulled his legs into his chest, wiping the tears that were now flooding from his eyes.

“Well, it looks like someone doesn’t do well in solitary.”

Jack’s ears perked up. Quickly he ran into the well overgrown bush beside him, making himself unseen from the outside, still sniveling with fear.

“Oh stop all your flagrants, it’s just we you incompetent buffoon!”

Jack peered out of the branches of the branches of the bushes he was hiding in. He saw no person standing before him. All he saw was a rainbow striped zebra dressed in a top hat on his head and a monacle over his left eye. Jack walked out of his hiding place and made his way over to the colorful, striped animal. He crooked his head and then looked back and forth to see if anyone was around.

“Um, excuse me, Mr. Creepy voice? I think you left your zebra!” Jack managed to say, wondering where the hell this zebra came from.

“Nobody left their zebra, I AM THE ZEBRA!!!”

Jack looked down at the animal, puzzled and confused. Was he hallucinating? Was he actually going mad? How could this zebra be talking to him?

The zebra turned his head and looked straight at Jack.

“Hello young fellow,” He said, making Jack jump out of his shoes. “I’m Doug! Nice to meet you. And what do you go by?”

“Umm... I’m Jack,” Jack stuttered out.

“Nice to meet you,” Doug said with a tip of his hat. “I would shake your hand, but I have hooves.”

Before Jack could even possibly fathom his thoughts into words, he heard loud footsteps approaching him.

“Quick!” Doug yelled, snapping his head towards the ever fearful boy after hearing the footsteps for. “Someone’s coming! Climb into that tree!”

Jack walked over to the mammoth oak Doug was referring to. His eyes moved up and down the trunk that seeped to go on for miles and miles.

“Oh hell no!” Jack said, backing away and shaking his head with wide eyes. I know we just met and all, Mr. Rainbow zebra, sir, but you should know I have NO upper body strength. You are absolutely crazy if you think....”

“Just shut up you useless ibasl,” Doug said, quickly shutting Jack up. “Climb onto my back, grab onto the branch, and pull! We’re wasting time with all this complaining!’”

The footsteps were getting closer and closer, louder and louder by the minute.

Jack glanced up at the branch once again. “Yeah, I guess I could do that,” he said, finally convinced.

“Thank god!” Doug said, making his way over to his new helpless project that went by the name of Jack.

Doug crouched down and allowed Jack to climb on his back. Jack grabbed the branch and pulled himself up.... unsuccessfully.

“Oh my goodness! Doug said, completely appalled by the amount of struggling this boy was displaying, but more so by how heavy he was! “How can a man so skinny, weigh so much all at the same time!?” He said, struggling to stay on all four legs.

“Believe it, my colorful friend!” Jack said, still unable to pull himself up. “I’m a fat kid, trapped in a skinny kid’s body.”

The footsteps grew louder and louder coming closer and closer until they came to a complete stop.

“Um, Jack? What are you doing?”

Jack turned his head around to see Rian standing and the foot of the tree, his head crooked to one side with some kind of dead bird in his left hand and a knife in the right.

Jack’s eyes lit up at the sight of his friend. “Rain, what does it look like I’m doing? Haven't you ever seen a grown man trying to climb a tree with the help of a very well dressed rainbow zebra?”

Rian glanced down at Jack’s dangling feet, no rainbow zebra in sight.”No Jack, I can’t say I have,” he said, concerned about his friend’s state of mind.

“Don’t worry Doug, he’s cool. You can let me down now... Hey! I’m not that fat!” Jack let go of the branch and Ran over to Rian, his arms seeming to be resting on something beside him.

Rian shook it off, ignoring Jack’s craziness.

Suddenly, the two boys were silenced by the booming roar of a cannon shot. Another one has fallen among them. Jack’s arms quickly became weak at the thought of Alex still being out there, not with Jack. After feeling like he couldn’t hold on any longer, Jack’s arms let go of the branch he was still dangling from.

“CATCH ME DOUG!!!” he yelled, as he fell from the tree straight onto his back. “You damn Zebra!” Jack continued to yell, waving his fist to the sky.

Rian quickly ran over and slapped his hand over Jack’s mouth. “Will you shut up about your crazy, made up zebra! You’re going to give us away!”

Jack quickly shrugged his shoulders and tilted his head towards Rian’s. He looked at Rian with sad, puppy dog like eyes. Jack didn’t even need to say anything for Rian to know what he was thinking. He gave the sad worried boy a gentle nod, then helped him to his feet, flashing his a a glimpse of his pearly white teeth.

“Come on,” Rian said, turning away from Jack to gather their things that were now scattered all over their camp ground. “Let’s go find Alex and Zack!” He continued walking further into the woods. Jack gave a shrug to his shoulders and started to follow Rian.

“Nice boy.” Jack turned around swiftly to see Doug leaned against a tree.

Jack rolled his eyes and turned back to his path. “Are you coming or not you lazy ass?” he yelled behind him.

Doug straightened his top hat and followed close behind Jack. “Actually, I’m a Zebra. The lazy ass is my brother.”

-------------

“It’s this way. I’m sure of it!” Audrey said, having the boys follow her to wherever they were going.

“Audrey? Where are we even going?” Alex asked, close behind afraid of losing her again.

Audrey quickly and swiftly turned around and stopped in her tracks, making Alex run directly into her. She looked up at his face with her sweet, bright eyes.

“Do you trust me?” Audrey asked, moving closer and closer to Alex until the was no space inbetween them.

Alex smiled and took her hand into his, interlocking her delicate but strong fingers with his. “I trust no one else more.” He said, making Audrey blush ten different shades of red. The two stood there together silently for a moment, chest to chest, looking into eachothers eyes.

“YAAHOOO!”

Zack ran into the picture with Jenna on his back, making Audrey and Alex release each other pretending like nothing happened.

“Okay, Jenna,” Zack said placing the girl back on her own two feet, seeming to be out of breath. “Give me a second. My back is killing me!"

"Hey! I'm not that fat!" Jenna, said giggling slightly.

"Um..no! I didn't mean it like that!" Zack said, trying to defend himself.

Jenna laughed. “I know what you meant you big dummy!” She said, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"If you two are done," Audrey said, tapping her foot impatiently. "We're almost there." She gave Alex a quick wink and went through the bush behind her as if it was a leafy door.

Jenna followed close behind, not wanting to get lost. Again.

Just as Alex was about to go through the bush door as well, Zack grabbed ahold of Alex's shoulder to pull him back.

"What?" Alex asked, somewhat frustrated.

"Don't get too attached, ok? I really don't want to see you destroyed if something happens to her." Zack gave Alex a reassuring smile. While Alex looked at Zack in disgust.

"Yeah, like I'm too attached. Remember Jenna? Maybe you should keep an eye on that attraction." Alex shook his arm from Zack's.

"Are you two meat heads coming?" Audrey asked, sticking her head through the branches.

Alex quickly laced his fingers with hers and without saying a word both boys filed behind Audrey into an open field. There was someone already there though.

"Josh!!" Audrey shouted, calling over to the boy kneeling on the ground. She quickly ran over to his side.

Zack, Alex and Jenna followed slowly behind. When the boy's face became visible Zack finally realized who it was and took a step back.

"Audrey, what the hell?" Zack said almost disgusted. "Him? Really?"

"Zack, calm down. He's cool." Audrey said getting closer and closer to Josh.

When the group got close enough to make out all of his face, it was clear to see that he had been crying, a lot. When Audrey caught sight of this she immediately let go of Alex's hand and ran over to his side.

"Josh! What happened?" She asked over and over. "Where's Sabrina?"

Josh quit sobbing for a few moments and looked up at Audrey with his sad puppy dog like eyes before pointing to the sky.

"Hold up a sec." Jenna said, slightly confused. "I'm pretty sure whoever this Sabrina character is, she can't fly."

Audrey turned around and looked at Jenna with disbelief and annoyance before turning back to comfort Josh.

Zack pulled Jenna aside while Alex kneeled down next to Audrey who was still consoling Josh.

Zack led Jenna to a further point of the field and took her hand.

"Remember that cannon shot we heard?" He asked hoping he wouldn't need to say anymore.

He didn't. Jenna's eyes got wide and sad realizing that Sabrina was dead and that the hover car already picked up her body.

"Oh my god! I feel terrible, just terrible!" She said, turning back to face where the other three were in the field.

Zack didn't say anything. He flashed her a quick 'it's ok' smile and led her back to the group.

When Zack and Jenna had returned, Josh seemed to have contained himself.

"Look man," Zack said. "I'm really sorry."

Josh gave him a soft smile. "It's ok. It was probably going to happen sometime soon anyway. And besides, I have my Audkitten back!" Josh wrapped his arm around Audrey's waist pulling her closer and closer to his side.

Alex gave him a dirty look, still having his hand inside Audrey’s. Audrey smiled at both her boys. She couldn't be happier!

“So Josh,” Audrey began to say. “I’m assuming you’re going to stay with us now, right?”

Alex and Zack looked at each other with great concern. Do they really want this guy with them for their every move?

“Um, Audrey?” Alex, grabbed Audrey’s arm, pulling her aside for a moment, leaving Zack with Jenna and Josh. He let go of the girl and turned to face her.

“Are you crazy!?” Alex said, in a very audible whisper. “He’s dangerous! Do you really think it’s a good idea for him to stay? I mean what if he turns on us!?”

Audrey’s eyes narrowed as she grew angry, crossing her arms in frustration.

“He’s not going to turn on us Alex! You don’t even know him! He’s my best friend,” She pouted.

“For now!” Alex snapped back.

Audrey turned her back, facing away from Alex.

Alex took Audrey’s hand into his. She pulled back, but still remained considering Alex had a stronger grip. She peered up at him, still frustrated and angry. He gave her a half smile as if to say ‘I’m sorry.’ Audrey let out a deep sigh, shaking her head and rolling her eyes.

“Oh Mr, Gaskarth! You are very lucky I can’t hold grudges,” Audrey said, laughing off her anger.

Alex’ half smile grew wider across his face. “Well good!” he exclaimed, “because I can't hold one either.

While Alex and Audrey were talking, Josh, Jenna, and Zack remained behind, laughing and rolling around in the grass on the other side of the field.

“Ha! Be careful of that ant hill!” Josh shouted over to Jenna, who was still playfully running around. “You almost ran it over!”

Zack quickly scooped her up and threw Jenna over his broad shoulders. “Don’t worry, she has enough ants in her pants!”

“I’m pretty sure thats not the only thing in her pants,” Josh said, under his breath, loud enough for Jenna to hear making her cheeks turn a bright, rosy color.

Zack placed Jenna back onto her feet and helped Josh up to his. All three turned to look at Audrey and Alex who were now holding hands again, smiling and laughing at one another.

“What do you think they’re talking about,” Jenna asked while trying to pick the pieces of grass out of her hair.

Josh’s smile faded at the sight of the two. “I don't know, nor do I care.” he huffed.

Jenna’s eyes widened, feeling Josh’s harsh tone. “Hey Zack? Did you feel a cold heartless draft coming from Josh’s direction.” she said, trying to make a joke out of the matter.

Zack laughed, but his face quickly turned to be more serious and stone like. “Actually, it feels kinda warm, almost hot.”

"Sorry, I could leave the room," Jenna said, twirling her hair between her fingers.

Zack ignored her comment and turned to see gigantic bright orange flames, flying directly towards them out of the trees!

“Shit!” Zack yelled, realizing the danger they were in. “Quick! Everyone run towards the trees behind Alex and Audrey! We have to get out of here, NOW!"

All three of them ran for their lives. Soon, they passed Audrey and Alex, both confused by what was going on before they turned around and saw the huge flames coming towards them and quickly started to follow behind the others.

“Zack!” Alex yelled, already breathing heavily. “Where are we going!?”

“Anywhere but here!!”

------------------

“I’m telling you Doug, you haven’t lived until you’ve walked a day in my shoes!” Jack said, as he, Rian, and ‘Doug’ continued their search through the thick foliage.

Jack started to laugh trying to decide what story to tell next. “Like this one time when were were on tour,” he started.

“Oh god!” Rian said, rolling his eyes, partly annoyed by the story and also that Jack’s hallucination was lasting this long. “Really Jack, it isn’t that funny of a story.”

“Shut up Rian!” Jack snapped, “So Alex and I were hanging out on the tour bus watching our fans make fools of themselves, which is pretty typical for our fans, but this one group of girls...” he cut himself off, already laughing so hard that he fell flat on his back. “They... they were fixing their boobs in the tour bus reflection, but that not even the best part!” Jack continued to roll around in the grass, panting heavily like a large dog as he spoke, almost barely able to breath. He sat up on his tailbone and took in a deep breath. “And then... ONE OF THEIR BRA’S CAME OFF!!!!”

Jack rolled back onto the ground, filling the area with complete laughter.

Doug shook his zebra head, ashamed of his latest companion. He turned to Rian and asked “Is he always this much of a goofball?” Of course, Rian didn't hear him, because Doug was not real.

“Okay then. It looks like you're not moving anytime soon. Why don’t we just camp here for the night.” Rian suggested.

Jack had no answer, for he still hadn’t calmed himself down enough to form words.

Rian rolled his eyes at the sight of his obnoxious friend. “Alright captain giggles. Why don’t you just build a fire while I scope out the place.”

Jack took a deep breath, and looked up at Rian. “Alright, Mr. Stone Face!”

Rian rolled his eyes again and made his way back through the heavily wooded trees away from Jack, who was alone now, accept to Doug of course.

“So...” Jack said, standing himself up and brushing the grass off that stuck to his pants. “Did they teach you how to make a fire in rainbow zebra school?”

Doug shook his head. “Did they teach you how to make a fire in training?”

Jack didn't respond and peered down at his feet.

Doug’s eyes winded, annoyed. “Wonderful... Real wonderful..."

--------

Rian ventured he way through the thick treed forest, gathering firewood and trying to map out his new surroundings. He bent over to gather a small pile of wood, when suddenly he felt a fair amount of heat on the back of his neck. He straightened himself out and stared at the end of the forest where an orange glow started to peek it’s way out of the tree tops. Eventually, the orange glow turned into tall, blazing flames.

Rian soon found himself overcome with fear. He dropped the sticks he was holding and started running back towards Jack. As he was running, he started to hear loud footsteps behind him, seeming to be running in the same direction. Large beads of sweat began to run down Rian’s face, both from the heat and from him being scared for his life.

“Rain?” he heard his name called from behind.

Before he was even able to turn around, Rian found himself tackled to the ground by a large figure. He rolled onto his back, somewhat in pain, and looked up to see a familiar pair of carmel eyes staring back at him.

“Alex?” Rian asked, still a little groggy from the fall. “OH MY GOD!!! ALEX!!!”

Alex, helped Rian back to his feet still excited to see him, pulling him into a hug.

“I didn't think we were going to see you guys again!” Rian said, still in shock!

Alex quickly let go of Rian. “Where’s Jack?” He said, afraid for the answer he might get.

Before Rian could even open his mouth, Jack ran out of the opposite end of the forest, holding a flaming stick. “Rian! Rian look! I did it! I made a fire!” Jack said, excited that he accomplished what he was told, but quickly dropped the stick, extinguishing the fire when he saw the other boy staring directly at him with a smile on his face.

Without even saying a word, Jack ran directly into Alex’s arms. Alex had no response either, he just spun the taller boy around, in his arms.

Rian reminded watching the two reunite, touched by the picture, but interrupted when he heard a loud roar of more footsteps coming. Josh and Audrey came to a halt right in front of Rian, trying to catch a little bit of their breath.

“Rian!” Audrey tried to yell, but was a little too out of breath for any sound to actually come out. Rian gave her a few seconds to catch her breath, before enveloping her in a hug, “We were so worried about you guys!” she finally managed to say.

“It’s great to see you too.” Rian said, releasing the girl from his grasp. He looked around, confused and concerned all at the same time. Rian’s eyes grew wide as the words left his mouth. “Where’s Zack?”

Suddenly a blood curdling scream entered their eardrums, stunning the whole group. Before anyone could react, Zack came storming out through the branches.

“HELP!!! I NEED HELP!!!” he yelled over and over as he ran. “Jenna’s caught in a trap! We have to get her out before....”

Zack was interrupted by another scream of the same frequency as the last, followed by a hot gust of heat from the flames, racing towards them.

“JENNA!!!!” Zack yelled, reaching back towards the trees.

Alex and Rian quickly grabbed him, holding him back from running after the girl and into his doom.

“Let go! I have to go after her! I can’t let her die!” Zack repeated over and over again, fighting Alex’ and Rian’s grasp.

“Dude!” Rian said, pulling him back strongly to get his attention. “Get a hold of yourself!”

Zack’s body became limped. He gazed up at him with sad, worried eyes. His voice sounding weak, “She’s not going to make it Rian.”

Rian nodded. “But it’s not worth losing you over.”

A loud cannon shot roared over the arena and the flames were extinguished as if they were pleased with their sacrifice.

Alex and Rian released the saddened boy who immediately dropped to his knees and said nothing with tears streaming down his face.

“You had a chance in this,” Alex said as he knelt down next to the broken man, “We couldn’t let you throw that away.”

He knew he was right. If he wanted to live, he had to move on. He could see the body that was burnt to a crisp. Her head limped over; her blue eyes contrasting against all the ash. Zack tilted his head up towards Alex, wiping the tears from his eyes, “I just hope she suffocated. I can’t imagine the pain she would’ve gone through if she was burned to death.”

Alex and Rian both helped Zack back to his feet after he had calmed down. Audrey, Josh and Jack joined the others after. All was silent. Even the area around them had no sound filtering through it.

Jenna was their first loss as a group and it was clear the same question was on everyone else's mind as they looked at each other in disbelief.

‘Who was next?’
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi Guys... long time no see.
Hope you enjoy this update! Took long enough, right? We'll try not to do that to you again (no promises...)
But hey! Everyone is back together now aren't they?! You should be ecstatic! I am... for now ;D
Leave a comment and let us know what you think! See you soon(ish)!
~Anna<3