Status: Active As Long As You Want It To Be...

All Time Hunger Games

"Ok, Light Me Baby!"

“OW! NO! STOP! AH!” All four boys screamed and cursed during their beauty prepping. “STOP WAXING OFF MY MAN HAIR!” Alex yelled. “IT TOOK ME 18 YEARS TO GROW THAT!” One of the members of the prep team went after Jack’s disgusting leg hair. “NO! I NEED THAT!!! THAT’S MY PRIDE AND JOY! MY MOTHER JUST LEARNED TO ACCEPT MY LEGS BEING THAT HAIRY!” Ignoring Jack’s request to keep it, the prep stylist tore the hair right out of his body. Jack responded with a loud scream along with some other profanity. As the tributes were being... well, as the Capitol would say beautified or as the guys would exaggerate, tortured, the prep team murmured among themselves talking about how unkempt their latest projects were. They were nominated grossest people from District 12.

After a long five hours of waxing, bathing and waxing again, Alex, Jack, Rian, and Zack were finally brought into a big empty room that kind of had a doctors office vibe to it. Once the prep team left, very winded from a tough job, the boys began to talk about what they had just experienced. “I feel violated...” Rian comments, his eye twitching from the trauma he just witnessed. “It’s gone.... ALL GONE!” Jack and Alex sobbed, missing the hair they loved. Zack didn’t say anything. He just sat there in shock rubbing his now numb and surprisingly smooth skin.

Eventually, the door swung open and in walked a bleach blond woman. She approached them, but said nothing. She just walked over to the boys and pulled them into a big group hug. “I’m so sorry this happened to you...” the woman began to say, still hugging the tributes. They could tell she was fighting back tears. “It’s okay, it’s just hair. It will grow back eventually...” Alex patted her on the back, flattered by her concern. The woman laughed and broke away from the hug. “No, I mean I’m sorry you boys are this year's tributes. Why would I-you know what, nevermind. They said you guys were a little odd...” Alex turned red from embarrassment and the other boys laughed.

“Who are you anyway?” Jack questioned. He was always willing to ask the tough questions, even if he did it without knowing they were the tough questions. Sometimes he just wanted to know stuff. “Oh, I’m sorry. I’m Portia, your stylist.” Jack raised his newly plucked eyebrows and looked her up and down. “So you’re the woman who had us dehaired...” Alex said, playfully punching his fist into his other hand. Jack cracked his neck and fingers, and they both grinned. “Guilty as charged.” She replied with a smile and a wink.

There was something about Portia that the guys really liked. Maybe it was how beautiful she was (she actually looked normal!), but it was most likely the idea that she saw the Hunger Games as something terrible. Everyone else has been telling them how honored they should feel, how great it was to be out there on TV, KILLING people. Or worse, DYING. Portia felt there was absolutely nothing they should feel honored about. Every year she would watch the person she had become close to, die. It was easy to see why it made her so upset since she went through this every year. Especially since District 12’s only winner was John Lennon. Knowing him, they quickly found out you can only take so much Lennon.

“So what are you dressing us for?” Zack asked, finally awaking from his hysteria. “Wait!” Rian yelled. He grabbed the book that he hasn’t put down since the reaping and flipped to his desired page. “What’s he doing?” Portia inquired. No one answered. They were all focused on Rian skimming the book to find the information he was looking for. Ever since the night before when they started to doubt themselves winning, Alex, Jack, and Zack accepted the book as the key to their survival. “Here it is!” Rian exclaimed, exciting everyone in the room. “She’s getting us ready for the tribute parade. It’s the first chance the sponsors will have to see all the tributes.” “Cool! A parade! I love parades!” Jack says, excited.

Rian glanced at Portia. “Usually the costumes in the parade are really REALLY revealing. Are we going to do anything like that...?” He questioned, fearing the answer. “Why? Are you guys uncomfortable with you bodies?” Portia asked. Alex laughed, nudging Jack, “I think we're all a little TOO comfortable.” “Ok then...” She trailed, wondering what they were referencing but too afraid to ask. “Well thats good. Anyway boys, Cinna, Audrey’s stylist, and I came up with a nice concept for you...”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“FIRE!? YOU’RE GOING TO SET ME ON FIRE!?” Jack screeched at Portia, who was holding a lighter. “Jack calm down it’s not real fire. It just looks like it. Don’t worry. You’re not going to get hurt.” She reassured him. “But I don’t understand why I can’t be half naked and covered in coal like everyone else!” Jack whined, looking at Alex in the corner of his eye. “Because...” Portia was growing impatient. “We need someone to attract the eyes. Everyone is going to be looking at you!” Jack thought about it for a minute. He would never pass up an opportunity to be center stage, especially since it was normally Alex. “Ok! Light me baby!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hello Pandem! Welcome to the 74th annual Hunger Games tribute parade!” The announcer began to say. Effie, John, Cinna, and Portia got their seats among the sponsors to watch their latest work. After a few minutes of waiting, the first chariot came into view with District one tributes as its passengers. The crowd cheered and as the amount of chariots grew, so did the volume of spectators. “Each of the District’s are very well represented this year. I’m loving District Four. That was so creative to dress them up as mermaids. It really shows how its the fishing district. And I love...”

The announcer stopped speaking out of pure shock at what he was witnessing. Five tributes, four covered in coal, holding pickaxes and wearing hard hats, and one in the middle ON FIRE! The crowds were the loudest then they ever had been all night. Clearly, they were impressed. Many people around Portia and Cinna patted them on the back to congratulate them on a job well done. “Oh my folks! I can’t believe my eyes! The District 12 stylists have outdone themselves!” The announcer exclaimed with great excitement.

The crowd continued to cheer and even threw flowers, where they got the flowers is unknown. Alex caught grasp of a large red rose. He scooted over next to Audrey, handed her the beautiful flower and kissed her on the cheek. The crowd roared and Audrey blushed.

“THIS IS SO COOL!!!!! BEST DAY EVER!!!” Jack screamed at the top his lungs, trying to be heard over everyone else and dancing around. He couldn't believe he even considered not doing this, he was having the time of his life! The skin tight black suit he was wearing kept him from feeling anything at all. “Hey, you two!” Jack yelled pointing to Alex and Audrey. “Quit drawing attention away from me!” They looked offended, but Jack ignored them and continued to dance around like an idiot.

Each chariot came to a halt and Jack was extinguished. The crowd was silenced and President Snow walked up to his podium. “Ladies, Gentlemen, and Tributes, welcome to this year's 74th Hunger Games!” Everyone raved, especially Jack, who was very high on adrenaline right now. “Sponsors, I hope you had a good look at each district. Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor.”

The chariots were brought back to the starting point as the people started to clear out. “Ahhh!” Effie ran up to her tributes and gave them a huge group hug, crushing them. “You guys were amazing!” She exclaimed. “Portia, Cinna, you guys really out did yourselves.” John congratulated, but there was no hugging. Jack smiled brightly at Portia. “See I told you there was nothing to worry about.” She said, patting Jack on the back.

While the others were murmuring all about tonights performance, Zack noticed something out of the corner of his eye. It was the threatening, scary looking boy from dinner the night before, was staring directly at Zack. He didn’t know what to do, but one thing's for sure, it made Zack very uncomfortable. No one else noticed him, just Zack. There was something about him that made him very intimidating. Perhaps he saw Zack as a threat. Maybe, just maybe, this could work to Zack’s advantage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gaaah! I Totally Forgot To Upload This! Sorry! But Hey! Chapter 5 Is Almost Done So It Could Be Up Tonight! :D