Rebel Love Song

One stupid tattoo

“What do you mean; I might possibly have a teenage sister?” I demanded, staring at my dad in shock, beside me, my girlfriend Ella was staring at my dad in shock, unable to speak. “I mean exactly what I said. You might have a little sister.” My father told me. Turns out, my dad had had an affair with another woman about seventeen years ago, and her seventeen year old daughter had recently contacted him, wanting to get to know him and the rest of the family. “It sounds like you don’t believe this girl” my sister Sienna said, a frown on her lips. “I’m waiting on the DNA test results, but she looks a hell of a lot like Jake” my dad replied. I looked over at my mom, who had been deadly silent since I’d arrived. “Mom?” I asked, not sure what to make of her silence. “What do you want me to say?” My mom asked me softly, but I could hear how lost she sounded. “What’s her name?” my big brother Rowan asked, “Skyler Delainy” My mom replied, turning away to answer the ringing phone. “How could you do that to mom?” Rowan asked my dad, the look on his face was one of disgust and disbelief. Dad shook his head. “I’m out of here” I said softly, turning away. “Jake….” My dad said as I took Ella’s hand and left. Silence followed me as I left my parents’ house, though the voices in my head were deafeningly loud

**Skyler’s PoV**
My life had been turned upside down since finding out the truth and it was all because of one stupid tattoo, a tattoo of my brothers clothing line, but still, my mom had totally over reacted. I glanced around before dashing across the street, the heels of my baby blue heels clicking against the asphalt. Glancing down at my left foot I could see the tops of the writing poking out of the top of my shoe. What the hell did she expect; I was training to be a tattoo artist. With a sigh I looked back up and walked through the schools front gate. “Hey Skye, wait up” I glanced over my shoulder as I heard Logan, one of my best friends yell out to me. I slowed down slightly but didn’t stop. “I said wait. That means you stop” Logan told me as she fell into step with me. “I know, I just didn’t want to. Have you seen Jay yet?” I asked her, a small smile appearing on my face. Logan shook her head “No….. Ooooh, new shoes” she noted, I laughed “Yeah, my brother brought them for me yesterday” I told her as our other friend Jayden, joined us. “Look Jay. Skye has new shoes.” Logan said. I grinned as Jay rolled her eyes. “So, have you heard back from….”Jayden trailed off, biting her lip. I shook my head “Not from him, but his wife came into my work yesterday. She want’s for me to be able to get to know my half brothers and sister.” I told them. Jay smiled sympathetically as she linked her arm with mine. “So, what are you gonna do?” Logan asked me, linking her arm with my free arm. “I want to, but so far, only one of my half-brothers girlfriends wants to meet me.” I replied with a shrug. “Bummer” Logan replied, pulling a face “Well, Ella said she’s gonna try to talk Jake around but she can’t promise about the other two.” I told them, I sighed and untangled my arms from the girls as we reached our lockers. “so…. Are you working tonight?” Jay asked, dialling in the combo for her locker. “Uh-huh. All-nighter” I replied, jumping when my phone rang.

After a moment I managed to wrestle it out of my skin tight skinnies. “Hello?” I answered, not recognising the number. “Hey Skyler, its Ella. Did you still wanna meet Jake?” Ella asked, “Um, yeah, I’d love to meet him. Did he change his mind?” I asked, ignoring my friends as they gestured at me to tell them who I was talking to. Ella sighed “Not exactly. I’ve bullied him into it, but he’s not happy about it.” She told me, i sighed in response. “How does lunch tomorrow sound?” Ella went on, “Yeah, Lunch is good. I gotta go Ella. I’ve got class. Just text me the details.” I told her as I yanked my books out of my locker and stuffed them into my bag. “Ok, I’ll see you tomorrow then” Ella replied, before adding “bye”. “Bye” I replied, before hanging up and stuffing my phone back into my pocket. “Who’s Ella?’ Jay asked me. “The girlfriend” I replied, jumping as my pocket vibrated once more. I sighed again; it seems that I was doing that a lot lately. “Well, it doesn’t matter who it was because we have class right now” Logan told us in a very matter of fact tone, grabbing me by the arm and dragging me down the hall, I let myself be pulled along, my mind turning over the events of the past couple of weeks.

**Jake’s PoV**
“Why are you making me do this?” I asked Ella for the fiftieth time “Because, she’s just had this dumped on her too, and she doesn’t really have anyone to turn to in this. It won’t kill you to just meet her Jake. She’s really quite nice.” Ella gave me a pleading look as she spoke. I shook my head, I didn’t know why I didn’t want to meet her but I just didn’t. “What if she only wants to meet me cos of BVB?” I asked her. “She doesn’t even have a clue that you’re in BVB” Ella replied. I stared at her for a long moment “How do you know that?” I asked, Ella shrugged. “Something she said” Ella replied, almost cryptically. “And that was…..” I asked, Ella didn’t answer for a long moment “That she can’t understand her friends…… fucked in the head obsession with BVB” Ella looked almost guilty as she spoke. My jaw dropped “Doesn’t sound as if she wants to meet you cause of the band” Sammi said as she and Jinxx walked into my lounge room. “I think you should do it Jake, you never know, it might be the best thing you ever do” Jinxx told me. “I’ve already done that” I replied, looking at Ella as I spoke. “Dating me doesn’t count” She told me, “But meeting you and being smart enough to ask you out does” I shot back but she shook her head. “Meeting her won’t kill you Jake. She needs someone on her side. Please, if you won’t do it for her, at least do it for me” Ella said, looking at me pleadingly “Alright. I’ll do it. I can’t promise I won’t regret it, but I’ll go. Can you let the other guys know I won’t be in tomorrow?” I asked Jinxx, who nodded in agreement. “yay, I get to meet my soon to be sister-in-law” Ella cried out as she danced around the lounge room. “But you already met her” I said with a frown. “But this is officially” She told me, stopping dead and nodding seriously. I couldn’t help but laugh.

**Skyler’s PoV**
I sat staring down at the sketch I was supposed to be doing, but my mind was miles away, and I jumped when Ryan put a hand on my shoulder. “Where’s your head tonight Skye?” He asked, looking a little concerned. I shrugged “I’m supposed to be going to lunch tomorrow with my half-brother, and…… I guess I’m a little concerned” I replied softly, looking up at my boss. Ryan nodded, giving me a pat on the head before picking up my sketch pad. He nodded as he looked it over. “I think your just about ready to progress to tattooing actual people” he told me, putting it back down in front of me, up until now, I had occasionally been tattooing a side of pork, and on one rare occasion that had dropped me in the deep end, I’d tattooed my own foot. “Really?” I asked, looking up at him, wondering if he was screwing with me, Ryan nodded. “You need to find yourself a couple of willing victims, but yeah, I think you’re ready” he told me, before walking away to greet the customer that had just walked in. I sighed, and dropped my head to the desk, where the hell was I supposed to find willing victims that were old enough to be tattooed; I had no end to willing participants that were underage. None of my friends were yet eighteen. I groaned and lifted my head to find Cody giving me a shit eating grin. “Fuck off” I hissed, grabbing my sketch book and stomping towards the office, idly think I might have a nap while Ryan tattooed.