Status: On pause. Working on others stories

Red Velvet Feelings

I'm Just A Little Confused On What To Do

Jack Barakat, tall, dark messy hair, a big nose, and large, lovable chocolate eyes. He is twenty-one years old and works at his best friend, Zack Merrick's bakery.

Zack's parents owned the Bakery, but they passed away in a tragic accident, leaving him to run it himself. His best friends helping him, and working as employees. It worked out for everyone once Zack's depression was overcame.

Jack worked in the back usually, but today Evan wasn't in so he had to work the register. He'd never realized it was so busy around here until today.

"Thank you. Have a nice night." Jack said, smiling at the customer, who was a very attractive girl. Pink dusted along her cheeks, and she looked down with a small smile. "Thanks, you too." and with that she was walking away with her box of red velvet cupcakes.

Jack sighed, leaning against the counter. He really just wanted to go home and eat some Mac and Cheese awhile listening to Rian rant about The Real Housewives.Suddenly Zack was making an appearance to the front with a small grin on his face.

"Why so cheesed up Merrick?"

Zack shrugged, throwing away some papers. "Martin just bet me on Rian liking Evan."

Jack laughed, "Of course, he's just as blind as those two. What do you win?"

"Vacation day."

Jack squeaked, throwing a rag at him. "Lucky fucker. Why do you get a vacation, you own the place!"

Zack just grinned wider. "Cause I can. But hey, there's someone in the lounge so if you could just tell them its closing time, your free to go." he said, making Jack nod. "Oh and Rian said don't wait up. He's going to'run some errands'." he mocked, making air quotes with his fingers.

"And by errands, you mean go check on why Evan called off today?" Jack asked smugly when Martin walked in.

He groaned dramatically, smacking his forehead. "Not you too! Maybe he actually does have things to do. Plus, just because he wants to check in on a sick Evan doesn't mean he wants him. If I checked up on a sick Zacky, would it mean that I'm tragically in love with you? Exactly, no." he stated matter-of-factly, as he put his jacket on.

"I know you tragically love me, you don't need to check up on me and prove that Johnson." Zack smirked.

"I need to go home. And for the record I fucking hate you."

Jack wasn't so sure about that one, but Martin said a loud goodbye and was gone.

Zack just laughed, reminding Jack about the lingering customer and disappeared into the back.

Jack grabbed his coat from the back, turning all the lights off and walked into the lounge.

The bakery had a main entrance of a couch, small table, food displays, a mini ordering bar (for big party, or cake orders) and the register, but then there was a large open door way that led to the lounge. It had two working apple computers, three couches, and tables scattered everywhere. The side wall was pure glass, giving a beautiful view of the small town they lived in. It was a great bakery, which is why it was able to stay open for three family generations. When Zack took control he vamped it up, appealing to a younger crowd.

It was nearing seven, so the place had a nice candle lit glow to it, the view dark and houses lit up. Jack spotted the customer in the corner by the window and walked over to him.

"Hello, we are just about to close so if you could finish up.." Jack trailed off as he got closer.

The guy was literally beautiful. Blonde hair, with carmel highlights and brown eyes. His body was like perfect, in Jack's eyes. He was skinny, but was still toned, strong arms, and the skinny jeans he wore sculpted his legs, if only he was standing up.

"Yeah, yeah! I'm so sorry. I hadn't realized I had been here all day." he said scrambling to organize his array of scribbled on papers.

"No, don't worry about it. We open tomorrow at ten if you wanted to come back. Wednesdays are usually pretty slow days so you don't even have to worry about the crowds of people like today. You seem like you need some quietness while doing whatever you are doing." Jack explained, realizing he was babbling.

God Jack, why?

But the blonde smiled at him, "Yeah, I do actually." he laughed, and Jack really liked his laugh. "And I think I might come back, it smells amazing in here."

Jack nodded, "I loved it when I started working here and about six months in, we were working on a large party order. The baking aromas were just to much for me and I threw up like six times. I'm pretty use to it no- and oh my god. I didn't need to tell you a story about me vomiting." Jack's eyes widened, looking flustered.

The guy laughed, smiling at him and got up. "You could have left that out, but I didn't mind all that much. Say, Are you in a relationship?"

Jack looked at him with impossibly wider eyes, "I-I. Uhm, yes. W-Why?"

"Don't look so scared! I'm sorry, I shouldn't even have asked that. I just need some lovey- dove sickening people to talk too. Part of what I was working on." the stranger answered and pointed towards the, now neated stack of papers and laughing a little at Jack's face.

Again, Jack just really liked his laugh.

He sighed with relief, yet some disappointment. "Oh, well yes I am. I think I am at least." he muttered the last part, he thought quietly, but the guy obviously heard,

"I would ask you if you wanted to talk about it, but considering I've only known you for three minutes and there's a guy standing behind you, I don't think it's quite appropriate." Jack looked up at him, an eyebrow shooting up in question, and turned around seeing Zack standing in the entrance with a curious look on his face.

"Uh, I kind wanna go home now, and I need to lock this place up." he said a little too loudly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and tell me if you would like to see more!!