Status: On pause. Working on others stories

Red Velvet Feelings

I'll Do It All For You In Time

Alex Gaskarth, tall, brown eyes, thin torso, and the right amount of carmel colored sex hair. He was twenty years old (soon to be twenty-one he'll have you know) and was lucky enough to score a job as a song writer for big-time record company.

He could live anywhere he wanted, as long as he wrote good lyrics and showed up for some important consultations every now and then.

Lately, his stuff has been a little dark. And while that's okay, but its not needed right now. It's close to winter now, meaning they need some new songs.

Love songs to be precise.

And the last thing Alex can do is muster up enough love sickening emotions to write one. It's not that he's against it or anything. It's just his last relationship ended very badly. So of course all his songs are either angsty, or completely steering clear from the idea of love.He's only been in love once in his life, and he was too young to understand anything that was happening.

So no, he hasn't a clue where to find inspiration to write a love song from.

Which is how he ended up here, in a small town in Baltimore. He took a train to get away and find some inspiration. He ended up liking it a lot, and decided to rent a small home for a couple of months.

Now he just needed to mingle, and find some inspiration before his boss gets irritated with his lack of cheesiness.

When he got up this morning he lazed around for a good few hours, not even thinking of writing. He needs a fresh mind, not overworked. But now, he was sitting in the lounge of a godly smelling bakery he'd found just last night.

He liked it here. It smelled amazing, had soft lighting, not overly crowded, yet not abandoned, and the staff.

The staff seemed to intrigue him. One member in particular, but all none the less.

"See you've come back." Alex looked up startled. He was met with a large pair of brown eyes, and goofy grin.

"Yep, Couldn't resist." He answered smiling as the guy sat down in the seat across from him, and placing two bagels on the table.

"One's for you. It's just a regular. I just figured you'd be hungry."

Alex looked down at the bagel, suddenly feeling stupidly happy. Its a just a bagel for fuck sakes, but the fact that this extremely attractive guy just gave it to him made it ten times better.

"Really? Thanks. I am pretty hungry. So tell me, what's your name?"

The guy finished chewing on his bite of bagel before answering, "Jack. How about yours?"

Jack. It fit him.

"I'm Alex." the younger stated picking up his bagel and tearing a piece off, before popping it into his mouth.

"Alex, huh. I like it. So tell me, what exactly is it that you've been working on?"

Alex rolled his eyes dramatically, and sat up a little straighter. "So I work for a record company, song writer."

"Fancy," Jack chimed in.

"It's alright. But my boss complained that all my stuff has been too moody for the season we're in. Now he's forcing me to write a happy love song."

Jack laughed, shaking his head. "I take it you aren't exactly happy about that."

Alex scoffed, sitting back again. "Definitely not. I don't exactly have much experience and the little I do have, only makes it worse."

Alex watched as Jack's face scrunched up cutely, "Ouch bro. I have to say I'm no better. So your plan, if I remember our conversation from last night correctly. Your plan is place your self around love-sick people in hopes of catching some inspiration?"

Alex nodded, "Yep. It's what I gotta do. Which is why I asked you that way too personal question last night. Sorry about that."

Jack laughed softly, "Don't worry about it. No better then my vomit story."

"True." Alex agreed, getting a playful punch from Jack. They both sat there smiling at each other, and finishing their bagels.

"So like, you wouldn't mind telling me a bit about the relationship you said you were in? I understand if that's forbidden. I'm just curious."

Jack hummed. "And searching for musical inspiration."

"Yeah, that too. But personally curious more if I'm honest."

Jack smiled, looking down. "Well the parents took notice of my lack of dating around the age of seventeen. They met these people who had 'the perfect son' who also just happened to be gay. And they treated me like a lost cause, as if no one would ever want me. Even when I dated this girl. They made it seem like I was pitied. But then they started pushing this guy on me big time. He actually seemed interested so I eventually stopped fighting it. And now we're going out. Our third year is coming up." he sighed, confusing Alex.

"Are you happy?"

Jack looked up at him, looking genuinely surprised. "No one's really ever asked me that. But I'd guess that I am."

"You shouldn't have guess something like that Jack. You know if your happy." Alex argued- What? He was a song writer. They are suppose to be emotional and a bit sappy.

"Maybe. But honestly, I don't have much of a choice. No one would really want me If I broke up with him anyways. I'd be pretty much alone. And he's good. He cares about me. Also, pretty damn hot if I'd say so." Jack joked at the end, and Alex laughed.

"Hey, as long as you got eye candy right? But really Jack, you shouldn't think that. Your pretty damn hot yourself, you'd have people dying to go out with you."

Jack turned beat red, adverting his eyes to his lap."I uh. Really I'm not at all."

Alex could seriously die from how adorable he was.

And he wasn't lying for Jack's sake.

Jack was hot. He had thick, messy, raven hair and big eyes that you could get lost in. And his body was lanky, but it worked. He was hot, not to mention he can turn adorable in an instant. So really, Alex was telling the truth. A lot of his friends back home (both boy and girl) would kill for a date with him.

"Jackary, your lunch is five minutes past over- and why are you so red?"

Jack looked up seeing Rian standing there, looking at Alex. Then at Jack's embarrassed face. A slow smirk crept up on his face. That is no good.

"Rian Dawson." He stated, putting a hand out towards Jack's new friend. He shook it, a smile gracing his face instantly.

"Alex Gaskarth. You work here too?"

Rian nodded, crossing his arms. "Yep. I take the orders in. I'm so sorry to take Jack away from you," he smirked, tone suggestive,"but my stomach might eat itself and I can't take lunch until Jack goes back." Jack kicked him discreetly from under the table, but Rian made it obvious by an over dramatic reaction. "Really Jack?! That hurt!"

"So Alex, I should go."

Alex laughed at the pouting Rian, but nodded his head as Jack got up. "Yeah. See you later?"

"Definitely. Hey Rian maybe we should go find Grieco? I have something he'd love to hear about."

It was Rian's turn to become embarrassed, muttering curse words under his breath. He was rubbing his leg with his hand and walked away from the two, but not before sending a glare towards Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback appreciated!