Status: On pause. Working on others stories

Red Velvet Feelings

Waiting On The Gold Rush

Alex woke up the next morning, neck throbbing. He groaned out, opening his eyes and realized he's not at home. The memories from last night came back, and well he feels embarrassed. Falling asleep at Jack's house? Way to go Alex. He sat up and starting craning his neck, obviously he slept funny.

There was a loud clank, a shit yelp, and Alex became aware of the coffee aromas floating about the apartment. Jack was definitely already up.

Alex stood up completely stretching out, and making his way over to the kitchen.

As soon as he hit the door way, he was met with soft background noise of Bayside playing, sun shining through the window, stronger coffee aromas, and Jack in the middle busily making eggs.

And he looked so damn adorable.

He was clad in loosely fitted jogging pants- that's it. His hair was crazy, it seemed like he tried to smooth it down, but still so messy. The scene was so perfect, it could have been scripted.

Alex smiled when he realized.. He spent the night at Jack's house. Accidentally yeah, but still.

He got to wake up to a sleepy looking Jack and coffee brewing.

And maybe it was his lonely factor kicking in again, but it was really nice. Jack was really nice.

Once Alex had done enough of his creeping, trying to tone down his smile, he coughed to announce his presence. The raven haired boy froze, looking up, then grinned at Alex. "Well good morning. Sleep well?" Both boys laughed, Alex bringing a hand up to soothe the back of his neck and he walked up to the counter, leaning against it and watching Jack.

"Not at all, my neck is killing me. I'm sorry I like, fell asleep on you. Wasn't much company was I?"

Jack shrugged, plating some eggs and toast. "Don't worry about it. I didn't mind. And you kept me plenty company. Here." he said, handing Alex the plate.

He took it hesitantly, feeling like a burden. But then again, he was really hungry. "Oh god, thank you."

Jack pointed at the stools to the right of him, "You can sit there, want some coffee?" Alex nodded, sitting where he was told too and taking the opportunity to check Jack out again.

He was running a hair through his hair, while he waited for the coffee machine to beep, pouring some into a cup and bringing it back to Alex. But he stopped mid-way, looking at Alex strangely,

"What? Is something wrong?"

"Oh, no! Sorry, I was just thinking."

Jack nodded, giving Alex his coffee. He went back to the frying pan, plating some food for himself. The music suddenly switched from Bayside to Blink.

Dammit by Blink 182 to be exact, causing Alex to smile.

He started singing with the song playfully, "It's alright to tell me, what you think about me. I won't try to argue, or hold it against you." Alex trailed off and took a bite of his eggs. Jack laughed softly, and started to sing the rest as he made his way around the counter island to sit next to Alex. "I know that you're leaving. You must have your reasons. The season is calling," he put his plate down, looking at Alex as he joined in for the last line. "And your pictures are falling down." They smiled big at each other, the song continuing on, Jack sat down after Alex laughed again.

"Okay, we just had a Blink duet. You are officially my best friend." Jack said, digging into his own food.

"I really want to refer to the Hang Over, but something's stopping me." Alex said seriously.

Jack laughed, "And we are the three best friends that anyone could ever have." Alex giggled.

Fuck, he just giggled?

"You know, my singing skills are very hard to top. But seriously, you are a really good singer Alex."

The complement made Alex blush, "Not really, but thanks." he said quietly.

Jack shook his head, turning it towards Alex, and Alex turned his towards Jack. Their faces suddenly close in proximity, neither backed up though. Both just looking each other in the eye for a good few minutes. Alex taking in Jack's big eyes, the slight subtle on his chin. Jack taking in the new shade of brown the sun brought to Alex's eyes, and his soft looking lips. He smiled at the younger boy, Alex's eyes flickering to Jack's lips.

Jaaaackkkk!!

Banging started on the apartment door, Jack's name being called out after every few knocks. The older sighed, rolling his eyes and backing away from Alex. "Sounds like Rian."

~*~

"And he just kissed me Jack! Evan fucking kissed me and said nothing. He just.. left." Rian was sat in the middle of the couch, looking down at his hands, Alex next to him patting his back. Jack stood next to his television, arms crossed, and looking at Rian with loss in his eye.

"I know you already told me this when you first came in." he said, earning an amused look from Alex.

What! Jack wasn't the greatest at advice okay? And Rian knew that. The only reason he came to Jack was because he knew about Martin and Zack's bet and he'd rather have them not know about this. Rian looked up at Jack exasperated.

"Well I was just repeating it, hoping you'd say something!" he snapped sarcastically, leaning back and groaning. "I'll just go to Zack' s." he said, moving to get up.

Jack put his hands out to stop him, "But I have Alex!"

Both guys looked up at Jack confused.

"I realize he's sitting next to me doing more then you. But what is that suppose to mean." Rian said. Alex pushed his hair back, interested in what Jack meant too.

"Alex is good with emotions! He's a song writer, he knows about emotional stuff." Jack tired.

Rian looked over at Alex skeptically- giving Jack time to shoot Alex a pleading look.

And Alex really didn't want to do this, butting in their personal lives wasn't ideal for him. I mean sure, he thought that he did give some good advice from time to time. It's just he didn't have anything right now. But one look at a now shirted Jack's pleading, adorable eyes- and he was racking his brain.

"Eh, um. Yeah. I can try….
Uh. Look Rian, obviously Grieco likes you. You two need to stop playing games because how you've both handled the little mutual crushes you've got going on, was a game. You both played with the notion. But both of your feelings have started to become real throughout it. You both like each other a lot more then when it intentionally started. And you said he kissed you out of nowhere. You said you've never told him you liked him. He just fucking kissed you bro, that was his way of telling you he liked you! Go over there, talk to him. Tell him what I just said, then tell him you genuinely like him- fight for him if you want him. Playing your stupid games just gets both of you hurt and confused. You need to lay it all out on the table. And if you ask me, your gonna get what you want." Alex said his last words softly, looking over at Jack for approval of all the last minute- made up shit he just said, hoping it made some sense.

Jack was grinning big, nodding and gave him a thumbs up.

Well then, if Jack approves.

He looked over at Rian's face. All his words were sinking in slowly. "Your right."

Alex smiled at him, nodding. He was going to play along if Rian thought he was right. "Course I am," he joked, patting Rian's leg.

Jack sat down in the recliner next to them. "I agree with Alex." he stated so seriously, Alex laughed.

Rian glared over at Jack, "Your just lucky you had Alex here. Oh, by the way. Do you have my jacket? I think I left it in your car on Friday."

Jack made a thinking face before nodding, "Yeah. I think I brought it in..." he said, getting up to go look. As Jack disappeared down the hall, Rian called out, "Bring me a coffee on the way back! I smell it!"

Alex laughed at that, bringing Rian's attention to him.

"Thank you Alex. You should become a therapist. You can give really good advice."

Alex smiled, "Nah, I think I'll stick to song writing, but thanks."

It got quiet before Rian looked over at him curiously, "So you slept here?"

"Yeah. It was an accident, I fell asleep actually. We were watching a movie."

Rian nodded, suddenly looking serious. "Do you like Jack?"

"W-what?" Alex cursed himself for stuttering.

"It's okay if you do. I mean it's kind of obvious with how much time you two easily spend together. You can't exactly hate each other. And I'd rather you then Sean any day!"

Alex laughed, "Well I'd hope so! I don't think I'm all that bad. But honestly it wouldn't matter if I liked him. He's kind of taken."

Rian shrugged, "Currently by Sean, yes. But that could change and I wouldn't be surprised if it did."
♠ ♠ ♠
All the titles are lyrics in an Ed Sheeran song! I never mentioned it and that should definitely be recognized. He's amazing. And his songs are calming, meaningful, and cutesy so I thought his vibe fit this story perfectly. So yea, keep that noted! If you ever want to know specifically, you can just ask me!

Feedback is 100% internet hugs and appreciated so please comment<3