Aren't We Just Terrified?

Miss Nothing

After a short night of sleep, the next day found me showering and then dressing for school. I yawned and shuddered as nightmares haunted my mind. I tried to ignore them best as I could. I grabbed some fruit before leaving for school.

I pulled into the parking lot at school and saw that the Cullen’s were already there. I wondered if they would fully tell me everything about them. I found it fascinating that a myth I had always wanted to believe in was actually true.

I saw the girl with blonde hair sneer at me. What was here name again?

“Hey, Indie,” Edward said to me pleasantly. I grinned shyly at him.

“Hello, Edward. I’m, uh, sorry about following you home yesterday,” I said looking down.

“It’s ok. We really didn't want you to find out about us, but what’s done is done,” he explained to me. I nodded.

The brunette by his side stuck out her hand.

“I’m Bella, I never got to tell you last night,” she told me sweetly. I smiled at her. The rest of the family, excluding the perfect blonde and her boyfriend, came up to me. The smaller, pixie-looking brunette hugged me.

“Hi, Indie! I’m Alice, and I've already seen that we’re going to be the best of friends!” She exclaimed with enthusiasm. I giggled at her.

“You’re adorable,” I told her softly. Alice beamed at me.

“Oh darlin’, she’s never gonna leave you alone now,” the honey haired man next to Alice drawled. I blushed. A southern boy? Lucky you, Alice.

“This is Jasper, Indie,” Alice told me as she looked at him lovingly. I smiled softly at the looks they sent each other. In fact, all three couples seemed to be perfectly in love. I sighed. I wanted that.

I heard the bell ring in the distance. I groaned. I had math first thing in the mornings. Bella smiled at me and said,

“Come on, I think you’re in math with me.” I followed her into the building to begin my day of hell.

***

After school, I checked my phone and saw that Molly had left me a message. She had to go out of town for a few weeks for business. I sighed and felt loneliness creep in. I was so tired of being by myself. I frowned and walked to my car.

“Indie!” I heard Alice call out my name. I turned and waited for her to ‘catch’ up to me. She got to me and smiled.

“You should come stay with us while your aunt is out of town,” she told me. I raised an eyebrow.

“How did you…” I began.

“I can see the future,” Alice cut in. I nodded.

“Wait, what?” I asked in confusion. She laughed a twinkling laugh that reminded me of bells.

“I’ll explain at my house. Go pack up for the next few weeks and meet us back at the house,” she jokingly ordered. I saluted her.

“Yes ma’am,” I said laughing. She skipped back over to the rest of the Cullen’s. I was actually going to stay with friends. I had never really had friends before. This was going to be…fun.

3rd person POV

What Indigo didn't realize was that she was being watched. He smirked as he watched her softly smile. He was going to make her pay for everything she had done to him. Because of her, he had been locked up for years.

Well, now he was out and he was going to get his revenge.

Yes, slowly this revenge would happen. He had to make sure everything went perfectly. Nothing could be screwed up. He had waited for as long as he could. She wouldn't ever question his authority again. He would definitely make sure of that.

Back to Indigo’s POV

I got all the things I would need for my stay at the Cullen’s. I made sure to lock the house. I drove over to the Cullen’s house and parked in the enormous drive way. I got out and almost immediately, Edward, Bella, Alice and Jasper were all there. I gasped.

“Whoa, way to scare a girl,” I said to them. They laughed and I rolled my eyes. Stupid vampires.

“That wasn't nice, Indie,” Edward said to me. What wasn't?

“When you called us stupid vampires,” he explained. What the hell? Was he reading my mind?

“Yes,” he chuckled. Alright smart guy, what am I thinking about? I concentrated on blocking him out.

“Um, actually, now I have no idea,” he told me astonished. I smirked.

“Ha, that’s what you get for messing with my mind,” I told him. He looked at me with a serious look.

“Whatever you did to keep me out, do it again,” he said. I frowned and concentrated on the brick wall I had before.

“..nothing,” he whispered.

“Is there something wrong with me?” I asked quietly. They all snorted, except for Edward, and I raised my eyebrows.

“What’s going on?” I heard a smooth, velvety voice behind me. I turned around and saw it was the dreamy Carlisle. I held the sigh inside. I heard Edward snicker behind me. Ass. He then actually stuck his tongue out at me.

“Indie is going to stay with us for a few weeks while her aunt is out of town,” Alice said happily. Carlisle grinned at me.

“Welcome, Indigo,” he told me. I blushed and smiled. What was this man doing to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. But I just got myself back into writing. Comment? (:

Indigo