Status: Active

She's Not Afraid

Curly Haired Boy From Cheshire.

"Charlotte?" My mum's voice is heard at the door before she enters.

"Go away, I'm not in the mood for anyone." I mumble from under the duvet, where I've been hiding since yesterday.

"Charlotte, look at you! You've been in your bed all day, get up and take a shower its well into the evening. You have company waiting."

"Company?! Mum, is it Harry? Oh dear God, no it can't be Harry I'm not ready to face him just yet! Please, send him away!"

"It's not Harry."

"Then who is it?"

"It's Riana."

"Riana?" I frown, remembering how completely out of line I was with her. As soon as I had shouted in her face I regretted it, running away instead of apologising.

"Are you going to come out now? Or should I tell her to leave?"

"No, no I'll come out. I have to talk to her, apologise for yesterday."

With a heavy sigh I threw the covers off me, the atmosphere now colder without my shield. "Will you send her up? I'll be ready in a few minutes."

With a nod she left the room, leaving me to make myself look presentable. It was a depressing sight as I gazed into the mirror; my hair in tangles and my makeup smeared across my face. As if I didn't feel miserable enough, my appearance surely depressed me further.

After a quick comb through of my hair, wash of the face and brush of the teeth, I managed to look half decent. With a shrug I decided it was the best I could do, heading back into my room where Riana sat waiting for me.

We gazed at each other for a moment before we both bursted out apologies. "No, Riana it was all my fault I shouldn't have shouted at you. I was wrong, you didn't deserve that."

"No, Charlotte I did. I shouldn't have kept teasing you about Harry, especially when he was right there. I just couldn't help it! Seeing you two drooling over each other made me feel so happy, like you both finally realised-" She cut herself short, smacking a hand against her forehead. "I'm doing it again."

I couldn't but giggle, joining her on the bed. "It's alright, I can see why'd you think we like each other. But honestly, we're just friends. Yesterday I just got mad because...well I don't know why but I just did." I shook my head at the absurdity. "I'm stupid, please forgive me."

"Only if you forgive me."

"You're most definitely forgiven." With a hug, we both sighed out in relief.

"I thought I lost you. It's been a tough few hours without you."

"I was stuck in bed all day before you showed up, God I was a mess."

"We mustn't argue again, I was forced into staying home! Do you know what it's like having to live in a house with older brothers?"

"I have a little brother, surely it couldn't be worse than that! Have you met Dylan?"

We both shared a laugh. "Okay maybe brothers in general are just horrible to live with."

"Agreed."

"Have you talked to Harry yet?" She asked after a moment of silence.

"No, I told you I was stuck in bed. How is he?"

"Confused."

"I can imagine. One minute we're singing and having a good time, the next he's hearing me scream out his name in anger as I run away. God he must hate me."

"Of course not, why would he hate you?"

"Because I'm always having these emotional issues towards him!"

"Well why don't you go talk to him? Explain to him what happened."

"I don't know if I can," I sighed, throwing myself back. "What would I even say? I'm not ready yet."

"It's still early, how about a movie?...Then maybe you could talk to him. Clear your mind a bit."

"A movie actually sounds pretty good tonight. Besides its Sunday, isn't it my turn to host?"

"Oh my I completely forgot about our Sunday film night! We have to call Harry over."

I groaned in protest.

"Come on, film night is the perfect ice breaker don't you think?" She poked at my leg.

"Fine. I'll call him."

She cheered, fetching for my phone that laid on the night table and giving it to me with a wide grin.

"You look like a grinning fool." I teased.

She stuck out her tongue before kicking off her trainers, getting comfortable on the bed and turning to find the remote. As she flicked through the channels for a movie, I began to nervously dial Harry's number; my heart thumping hard as the dial tone sounded.

"Hello?" A not so cheeky voice answered, but instead a female's.

"Um, I think I have the wrong number, sorry." I said confused, checking my phone to see that I had in fact dialed the correct number.

"Are you looking for Harry?"

"Uh, yeah I am. Is he busy?"

"We were just heading out, he's in the bathroom now."

"Oh," I replied in shock. "Well can you tell him-" I paused. "Never mind don't tell him I called."

"What happened?" Riana asked with concern as I hung up.

"A female answered. She said Harry and her were about to head out."

"A female? Maybe it was his sister?"

"No, I've heard Gemma's voice. It wasn't her."

"He probably thought we weren't doing movie night tonight, that's why he made other plans. It's no worries, right? We can still carry on without him."

"Y-yeah." I stuttered, "Of course we can."

"So what do you fancy watching? I was thinking about a comedy, could use a proper laugh don't you think?"

I gave her a weak smile, trying desperately to take my mind off the mystery female voice. It irked me for some reason, to know he would make other plans on film night, even if he thought we weren't talking. He really didn't think we'd never talk again, did he? It was plain rude. Who was she anyways? I never even knew he had female friends outside of Riana and I....he never mentioned her before.

"Charlotte?" Riana called, snapping her fingers in my face. "Wake up, you look like you belong in the mental institute."

"What?"

"They always stare at things that aren't there, that's how you looked just now." She giggled, amused with herself.

I shook my head mumbling an apology.

So what if Harry had other plans? He has a life outside of us girls. I shouldn't let it get to me so much if it's only one day without him. It couldn't possibly be hard to be apart, even if he and I been together every single day for the past three weeks. My life didn't revolve around him and it wasn't going to begin now.

"Charlotte, you're doing it again!" Riana began to shout at me, snatching me from my consuming thoughts once more. "What's the matter? Are you still thinking about the girl over the phone? I told you it's no big deal."

"No, no it's nothing. Again I'm sorry, let's enjoy some comedy, yeah?"

She looked unconvinced by my effort but carried on anyway. "They're about to show Johnny English. Thought that would cheer us up."

"Sounds good, haven't watched this in ages." I said, throwing the duvet over my legs. With the lights off and the pillows carefully tucked behind us, we were comfortable enough to start the film.

***

"Well you clearly didn't enjoy that movie."

"Yes I did!"

"You didn't even laugh!"

"I repeat, yes I did!"

"Puffing air through your nose repeatedly isn't laughing, Charlotte." Riana giggled as she threw a pillow to my head.

"I just wasn't in a laughing mood, dear God Riana forgive my behaviour today."

She let out a sigh, getting up from the bed. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" I asked confused, watching her slip into her trainers.

"To Harry's."

"We're still going?!"

"Well obviously! You can't get the boy out of your damn mind!"

"But what if she's there?"

"So what? We're his friends too. Come on, get dressed. I don't think you'll want to see him in those." She pointed to my cheetah print pajama trousers.

"They're comfortable." I muttered, stumbling off the bed to my closet.

Within minutes I had been able to slip into some jeans, t-shirt and converse; managing to tame my hair with a black beanie.

"Are you sure we should go? I still don't think it's a good idea."

"Let's go Miss. Taylor! No more protesting." Riana argued, pulling on my hand to drag me out of my room and down the stairs.

"Mum, Riana and I are heading over to Harry's!" I called over my shoulder as I was continued to be dragged out the house.

"You be careful girls!" She called back just before the door was closed.

"Would you slow down and let go of me?" I asked as Riana urged on forward.

"Not until we get to the curly haired one's house, if I let go you'll run. And since you practically made me watch that movie alone because you were stuck on this boy, you will now be forced to actually talk to him."

"I'm pretty sure this is some sort of violation to my rights."

"Oh you shut your mouth, you're going to speak with him and that is it."

"Well aren't you little Miss. Bossy today?" I teased, my arm beginning to hurt from being pulled so much. "You're very strong."

"I work out."

"I better watch my mouth around you."

"And do as your told...such as going up to that door, ringing the bell and speaking to Harry." She said as we approached the parkway to Harry's house.

"Why do I have ring the doorbell? You do it!"

"Oh no, you're the one who needs to talk to him, not me. Now go!" She urged, pushing me towards the door.

"Riana," I began to whine, my heart thumping with nerves.

"Go."

I begrudgingly turned away from her to head to the door, my finger hovering over the bell before I heard Riana shout at me to push it. When I did, I immediately regretted it, nearly turning away before the door was pulled open.

My heart was in my mouth as I stared at the person ahead of me. Not at all who I wanted to see.

"Hi, can I help you?" She smiled, her blonde hair pulled into a messy bun. The oversized shirt she wore resembling one of Harry's.

"Is that Harry's shirt?" I blurted out, clamping a hand on my mouth at how stupid and unexpected that was of me.

"Uh, yeah. Who are you again?"

"I'm sorry, that was stupid of me. I shouldn't even be here you both are obviously busy I should be going-"

"Ellis who's at the door?" I can hear that voice call out, his curls appearing seconds later.

I was about to turn away when he called my name.

"Charlotte? Is that you?"

"Uh, h- hi." I stammered, the confrontation more awkward than I expected.

"Hey, I'm happy to see you, yesterday was a bit wild. Ellis, mind giving us a moment?"

"Sure." She smiled, giving me one more glance before disappearing into the house.

We stood in silence before I blurted out my apology. "I really am sorry, it was stupid of me. I wasn't thinking straight and I just lost it. It had nothing to do with anything you said or did, I wasn't even mad at you...or Riana. I was just mad at myself, shit Harry I really am sorr-"

I was cut short by the embrace he engulfed me in. The familiar scent I grew to love intoxicating my nostrils.

"It's alright, I'm not mad at you. Just a little confused. Why did you run?" He asked, pulling away slightly but still keeping his arms around me.

I could feel a blush creep onto my cheeks as I met his eyes. "Uh, it was nothing."

"It was something. You looked pretty upset."

"Honestly it was nothing, please forget it."

"I'll let it go for now, but I'll be asking you again later." He smiled, those famous dimples popping out, before squeezing me against his chest. "I missed you, even if we've only been apart for a day." He gave out a slight chuckle.

"You missed movie night." I mumbled against his chest, not wanting to leave the warm hold I was in.

"Shit, was that tonight? I'm so sorry, did you guys watch a film without me?"

"Yeah, but to be fair my mind was barely on it."

"Was I in your thoughts little Charlotte?" He teased me, tilting away to look down at me.

"You wish."

"Don't worry, you were in mine all day too." He mumbled, the sweet tone paralysing me of my speech, eyes captivating.

"Hey, love birds!" Riana calls out. "It's getting a bit chilly out and I only brought me a thin jumper."

"Hey, Riana! I didn't see you there." Harry calls out, our hug breaking apart.

"Well don't I feel special?"

"Do you need a hug too?" I offered, a smile touching my lips.

Somehow my mood felt lifted, as if a ton laid on my shoulders was gone. It amazed me how he could do that; the green eyed, dimpled, cheeky, curly haired boy from Cheshire. Nothing ever seemed to go wrong with him by my side, happiness always seeming to come round more when he was here. I guess I couldn't be apart from him longer than a day.

Oh how problematic.
♠ ♠ ♠
IT IS FINAAAAAALLY UP!!!! And I am SO SO SO sorry it keeps taking so long to update, your comments really help motivate me so I'd REALLY appreciate some feedback from you guys.

ALSO you can follow me on Tumblr (1DHarryStylesSexualFrustrations.tumblr.com) or maybe leave a message about the story, I really do enjoy reading them xxx.