Status: Complete

Jeah, Whatever

[one]

I had just stepped off the plane, arriving in London for the 2012 Olympic Games. Not as an athlete, but as a spectator with my family. My father, a successful businessman was here to make sure everything should go smoothly as he was one of the big financial supporters in these games. My mother, my sister and myself were simply here to watch the Americans win gold and enjoy the city of London once again.

Freshly 24 years old, a Yale college graduate with a degree in business, I was working alongside my father but in London, I was just here for vacation and maybe meeting a few of the athletes out of diplomatic measures, as my father would call it.

“Natalie, we’re going to be late, let’s move,” my mother pushed me off the runway where our private plane had landed, I didn’t realize I wasn’t moving. I pushed my sunglasses over my eyes and allowed my long brown hair to blow in the wind. The airport personnel were loading all of our things in the town cars as my mother pushed me and Andrea (my 20 year old sister) into one while her and my father took the other.

“Freshen up when we get to the hotel, Andrea, put on proper clothing and Natalie, please brush that hair,” she sighed before leaving us.

“Ugh, I don’t want to go to anything, I just want to be bathed in Chanel,” Andrea complained. I rolled my eyes at her, she was still young and a rising junior at Stanford.

“Dre, just appease mom for two weeks, you know that we will shop soon,” I assured her as she pouted. She was always the bigger brat of the family.

When we got to the hotel, the bellhop took multiple carts to take our luggage up to our suite. Andrea and I were in a two bedroom suite with a massive living room, kitchen, and mini-bar. Looking out the window, we could see the Olympic rings hanging over the bridge with the river. It was stunning.

“Look, there’s the Olympic Village,” Andrea pointed out over beyond, we could see people pouring around it, trying to get a glimpse at the athletes.

“I know I want to go to the swimming events,” Andrea grinned as she walked away to change.

I rolled my eyes as I went to brush my hair before our parents came to get us.

“Now Natalie, I just want you to kind of do low key work, I’ll be taking notes of everything that works and doesn’t work you just listen around, here what people are saying, I want to know if they say anything about the parts we invested in,” my father instructed.

How this all worked was we were supporters for the United States side, meaning, we paid money and created certain parts of the Olympics, mainly, we put up some of the teams and paid their way here and had a lot to do with the Olympic Village.

“So I’m going to talk to athletes?” I asked.

“Exactly, here’s your Olympic pass, this is your life, your passport here in London basically, lose this, you lose access to everything, this will get you on the athlete’s level, use it to your advantage,” he said handing me a lanyard with a big pass with my passport picture and name on it and a barcode at the bottom.

“That looks ugly,” Andrea pointed out.

“We’re not here to look cute, Dre,” my dad snapped back.

“Well, Mark, she is here to look cute, but the athletes will understand,” my mother responded.

This continued on until we arrived at the opening ceremony.

I didn’t care much for the opening ceremony, it was an incredible ceremony but it just took forever to get through and I was jet lag. After the long ceremony, we had an even longer car ride through traffic back to the hotel but I was finally able to get in my bed and pass out before morning came.

[...]

Today my mother and sister would be going shopping while I would be in the aquatic center catching the final of the men’s 400IM as well as other races that were going on. I wore white skinny jeans and a denim blue button up shirt with red pumps, I was after all, for America. Scanning my card to get in, I was enabled to sit on the deck where all the athletes would be after their races. I sat aside as I heard fans above me, talking about the hype of this event.

The fans erupted as the athletes came out and walked to their blocks. I noticed the US Swimmers and took note to try and talk to them after the race.

Swimming races didn’t take long, in fact, I was looking down at my phone so much that I missed up until the last 50 meters when everyone was screaming as loud as they possibly could. I looked as the swimmers touched and looked at the board to see the US Swimmer, Ryan Lochte had taken the gold. Michael Phelps, who I actually knew of didn’t medal at all. Needless to say, I didn’t want to talk to him knowing he’d be in a foul mood.

Michael quickly congratulated people and hopped out of the water and went to his coach, looking defeated and disappointed as Lochte was gloating and taking in the glory. He slowly got out of the water, showing off his toned, defined body, he strutted his way near to where I was where reporters were waiting to talk to him, he looked over at me and gave me a head nod and wink before he began his interview, I looked over at him confused.

He didn’t even know me, what the hell was that? I looked around and saw I was standing alone and the others who were nearby were men. I looked above to see if maybe it was someone above me but it was all men and coaches. Maybe he was winking at his coach.

I saw Phelps, walking this way to get back to the locker room, I wanted to stop him for a moment but I was a bit intimidated to.

“Hey, you’re Mark’s daughter, Natalie?” He questioned. I was taken a back.

“Yes, how did you know?” I asked.

“Your father has put my family up in Athens when I wasn’t yet able to, I’m forever thankful for that, I remember you walking around with him, but you were much younger,” He smiled.

“Oh yes, before I was in the game,” I smiled.

“Well, it’s great you’re here,” he smiled back before turning away to the locker rooms. I took a note in my phone, my dad would like to know the appreciation an Olympian had for him. While I was typing, I felt a presence in front of me.

“You know, usually media wants to talk to the winner, not stand off to the side,” Ryan smirked at me. I cleared my throat and looked at him.

“Good thing, I’m not media,” I replied.

“Ryan Lochte,” he said, holding out his big hand.

“Natalie Crenshaw,” I said he took my hand and kissed it lightly. I rolled my eyes, trying to look unimpressed.

“Oh you must be Mark’s daughter,” he said as he dried himself a little more.

“How do you know my father?” I asked.

“Natalie, everyone here knows your father, he’s the reason half our families get to come and he is pretty much bankrolling a quarter of the US team,” Ryan replied.

“So you like the Olympic Village then?” I asked, remaining professional.

“I’d like it better if you were there, and I had my own room,” he winked.

“Thank you, Mr. Lochte for your input,” I said as direct as possible before turning on my heel to walk away.

“Nice strut, Natalie, you should come celebrate with me later,” he chased after me. I stopped to look him in the eye

“Mr. Lochte, I can assure you that I am a professional and I am here for professional intent, now if you excuse me,” I said, he grabbed my wrist.

“Come on, just one drink and dinner, you can ask me all the professional questions you want,” he protested.

“You don’t take no well, do you?” I questioned.

“Not in the least, but look, I have to go, I need to get podium ready, but seriously, dinner, meet me at the Village at 7, if you’re not there by 7:20, I’ll take a hint,” he winked once more before walking away.

I got back to the suite and saw shopping bags littered all over the place, my sister and mother had certainly done damage.

“Natalie, we got you some great things!” Dre said as I took my heels off.

“Cool,” was all I said.

“What’s wrong?” She asked, knowing me.

“Ryan Lochte asked me to dinner,” I groaned, my sister looked at me, confused.

“And that’s a problem? He’s freaking hot,” she laughed.

“He’s egotistical, doesn’t take no,” I sighed.

“Natalie, it’s dinner, you know if dad heard, he would insist you go, and who knows, it could turn out to be a hot hook up,” Andrea grinned.

“While that might be how you roll, that’s not how I work, but you’re right, it would make dad happy,” I was always trying to make dad happy.

While I was unsure about this dinner, I still wanted to look the part. I had Andrea help me on what to wear.

“You want him to want you, oh my gosh, you’re sooo playing the game!” My sister shrieked. I looked at her, slightly blushing.

“No! I just don’t want to look like a slob,” I rebutted.

“It’s okay to play the game, Nat, just be careful because he’ll probably play right back,” she warned, helping me into a dress. It was a Chanel, with a golden breast and straps and black chiffon lace that hit slightly above mid thigh. I put on some gold heels and grabbed a black leather clutch. I didn’t do anything with my hair but brush it.

“You look hot,” my sister noted.

“This dress is a little short for Chanel,” I noted.

“That’s because we got it a size down,” she grinned.

“And since he has a roommate, if you need a place, you do have your own room!” She yelled after me as I headed out.

I didn’t get to the village until 7:14 where Ryan was waiting in a white button up and black pants with some ridiculous shoes. He grinned when he saw me.

“I knew you’d show up and you look stunning,” he smiled, wrapping his arm around my waist. I tried to pull out but it was no use, the boy had muscles.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Wherever the cab takes us,” he shrugged.

“Such a planner,” I said sarcastically.

“Planning is boring, why not just go with the flow,” he said to me.

We ended up at some chic restaurant in downtown London and found seating in the back as we sat, Ryan kept looking intently at me.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“I’m trying to figure you out,” he said, leaning in. I leaned in a little too.

“And what have you found out?” I asked in a whisper.

“You’re guarded, level headed, and strong willed,” he said.

“Go on,” I rested my chin in my hand, he traced my jaw line and sighed.

“That’s all I have so far,” he said sitting back in his chair.

“Well, that’s not bad but anyone could see that,” I said, biting down on my lower lip.

“Really? So they could see that you got something going on in that head of yours but you’re not willing to let anyone in?” He questioned. I twirled a piece of my hair.

“So you think I’m hiding something, what about you?” I asked.

“What about me?”

“Well, I think you’re looking for somebody who truly loves you but you’re afraid because you’ve been hurt before. So to hide that desire, you randomly hook up with girls to know you’re wanted but you don’t have to commit,” I said, sitting back in my chair. Ryan was about to answer when the waiter came to take our order.

“How the hell did you know that?” Ryan asked when we finished ordering.

“I can see it in your eyes,” I grinned.

“So we’re both hiding, both afraid of something,” Ryan leaned in again.

“Oh I’m not afraid,” I assured him.

“You are, that’s why you won’t come back to my place tonight,” he winked, taking a drink. I didn’t want to look weak or make him feel like he was right.

“Don’t tell me I won’t,” I said seductively.

“You absolutely won’t,” he whispered on my lips.

I stood from the table. Our food wasn’t even out yet, we haven’t even paid.

“Let’s go,” I said to him. Ryan stood and laid down 200 pounds (a little over $300, more than enough to cover our meals) and followed me out of the restaurant.

I hailed a cab for us and got in as he quickly got in behind me.

“Natalie, you’re really coming back to my place?” Ryan was shocked. I looked over at him and squeezed his arm.

We arrived at the Olympic Village and scanned in. Ryan led me to his room which he shared with his teammate, Connor who was currently not around. I kicked my heels off and straddled him on his bed.

He moved his hands up to my waist, resting them on my lower back. I kissed his collar bone and slowly unbuttoned his shirt, kissing my way down. He unzipped my dress and I stood to let it fall to the ground. I crawled up and straddled him once more.

He was about to unclasp my bra when the door clicked.

“Oh shit!” someone yelled.

“Damnit, Connor!” Ryan snapped. I quickly grabbed Ryan’s shirt that was lying on the bed next to him.

“Natalie, wait,” Ryan protested as I put his shirt on.

“Until later, Ryan,” I smiled, grabbing my dress, shoes, and clutch, I blew him a kiss and winked at Connor before shutting the door behind me, running to the stairwell. I took a breath and dashed down the stairs, quickly finding a cab before I could be spotted in a mans t-shirt and my underwear.

His roommate had perfect timing.

[Ryan]

“Dude, I am so sorry, that girl was hot,” Connor said to me, full of regret. I fell on my pillow.

“She stole my shirt too, she’s playing with me a bit, I can feel it,” I sighed. Connor sat on his bed.

“If anyone can play, it’s you, tease her right back, she looks familiar though, have you hooked up with her before?” He asked.

“No, she’s Mark Crenshaw’s eldest daughter,” I told him, his eyes got wide.

“Dude,” he said.

“Yeah, I know, I have to be careful,” I finished his sentence for him.

“That was your favorite shirt though,” Connor laughed.

Natalie was definitely good at this game but I’m a competitor, I knew I could be better, but I also knew, that I would have to be incredibly careful, not just because of her dad and who he was but because falling for her could easily happen.

And Ryan Lochte doesn’t fall.
♠ ♠ ♠
meh.