Status: New story! Bear with me :D

When You Come Around

Oh Lord...

It’s weird seeing your face plastered on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine, I don’t actually read Sports Illustrated but whenever I walk by a newsstand I can see myself in my racing suit trying to, as the photographer said, pose sexily but fierce. My mom told me this is bound to happen when I finally got my slot to race as the first female F1 racer in 20 years. I still remember the day I was told that I got the chance to race for Red Bull Racing, I was on my way home from the track in Budapest after a GP 2 test drive when I got the call from Christian Horner, the team principal himself, to come over to their headquarters in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom saying that it’s an urgent matter and it is imperative that they see me in person. You see, I have been in contact with a few Formula One teams since November 2010, but every single team told my manager that I wasn’t experienced enough since I was only 17 and I don’t have the right skills and so on. So I started to work my ass off and when I landed first in the driver’s standing in GP2, I finally got their attention. Long story short, they offered me a one-year contract as their driver along with Sebastian Vettel as my teammate.

It created a lot of buzz, from sports sites to gossip sites; they were all talking about the Red Bull deal and me. Local news to international sites, it seems all they care about was “the new girl in Formula One” for about 2 weeks. I remembered one article title read BRIANA SALMUN: NEW CHICK IN FORMULA ONE it was hilarious! I tried ignoring them but my mom had a totally different idea, she made a scrapbook from the entire article she could find about me.

The 2012 season started mid March in Melbourne, I wasn’t expecting a victory like Lewis Hamilton’s on his debut race but I was expecting a top 10 finish and thankfully I lived up to my team’s expectations (and myself) by finishing 4th right behind Fernando Alonso. Since then I got more pressure put on my shoulders than before, because now people are counting on me to win. Right now we’re in Montreal, Canada 2 days away from the official practice. The Red Bull team is gathering in Sebastian’s suite to talk over strategies and press conferences before we can go out to dinner.

“So, I think the pit stop strategy is crucial in this race, since this a particularly long track we should really pay attention to the sequence of the tire changes” Our head mechanic Jean Murdock held up the tire chart.

The discussion went for almost one and a half hour, we also discussed what we can and cannot spill on press conferences and interviews, although I think that was meant for me because I am always nervous around interviewers and I always ended up saying the wrong things. After we were done with the discussion, I went back to my room and soak up the bath; it has been a long and tiring day. We just got here yesterday night from Monaco and did I forget to mention that I hate flying? Yeah I hate flying more than I hate getting up in the morning.

I took a long and soothing bubble bath, finally I can feel myself to slowly unwind form the stress and slightly relaxed. I dried up and put my hair in a messy bun while trying to figure out what to wear for tonight’s team dinner downstairs. I was laying out clothes on my bed when I heard a knock on the door. I put on my robe and peek through the peephole, it was Sebastian.

“Hey, what’s up?” I pull the string on my robe tighter

“Nothing, just checking to see if you were ready… Which I can see you’re not” He shot me a childlike grin

“Hey a girl has needs! Sit down, I’ll be done in a minute,” I said opening the door wider to let him in. I took the shirt I laid out on my bed and continue dressing up in the bathroom. I put on my best jeans, it’s black and really flattering, and paired them with a Red Bull Racing t-shirt with SALMUN written across my back. I put on my every day make up, mascara and eyeliner to prevent me looking like a complete zombie with puffy eyes, and slip on my favorite black ballerina flats. When I got out from the bathroom I saw Sebastian sitting on the edge of my bed watching Extreme Fishing.

“Hey, you ready?” I asked, grabbing my phone from the bedside table and walking towards the door.

He nodded and turned off the TV, “I thought you were going to put on those sky high scary heels of yours” He smirked

“Yeah… No” I rolled my eyes and closed the door once we were out and headed straight to the elevator. Since both of us are put in a suite, we are on the 23rd floor. I press call on the elevator button and wait for the car to come up to our floor.

“Are you nervous for this race?” He asked suddenly, breaking the awkward silence between us

“Not really, I mean, after Monaco two weeks ago? I don’t think there’s a track trickier and harder than that” I chuckled and he started to tell me the story about his first Monaco experience.

We got onto the elevator and pressed the 3rd floor, it was a quick ride because the elevator didn’t stop at all. Once we got out from the elevator I swear I must’ve looked like a deer caught in headlights because all I saw was camera blitz. The paparazzo was swarming in front of the restaurants because they aren’t allowed to go in.

“Hey Briana look here!” shouted one paparazzi

“Hey are you guys dating?” shouted the other

Oh Lord… Here we go again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I know this first chapter isn't that attractive but bear with me! Matt Bomer is coming up soon! :D