Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Fourteen

Jack P.O.V.

It was 7:30 sharp when I knocked on Jess’ door. I was more neverous than excited, I had taken Jess out on plently of dates but I decided to make this one special. It was coming up to our three month anniversary so I wanted to surprise her with something, It was my lame attempt at being romantic.

I waited for someone to answer the door and just as I was about to knock for a second time Kara opened it. For a second I thought I had come to the wrong house, I mean they do live next door to each other but then I saw her.

Jess was making her way down the stairs in a dress that was more than flatering. She looked absolutely gorgeous, more than usual. I had to stop myself from dribbling.
“Take a picture it will last longer” Kara said attempting to make a joke.

“Stop ruining our moment and go back to the first grade with those jokes” I said walking past her and towards Jess.

“You look stunning Jess” I said placing an innocent kiss on her cheek.

“Thanks Jacky, You don’t look too bad yourself.” She said intertwining our fingers together.

“You two don’t be out too late now!” Kara yelled as we walked out the door, making our way to the car. I opened Jess’s door and ran around the otherside of the car geting into the drivers seat.

I quickly started the car and drove in the direction of our unknown destination.

“So where are you taking me?” Jess asked changing the radio stations around.

“Not telling! You’ll have to wait and see!” I said smiling and putting a cd in.

Jess P.O.V.

In the car I continued to beg Jack to tell me what his plans were for tonight but he refused the whole way, I was about to start begging again when the car pulled to a stop. I looked out the window eagerly to see, nothing. Ha?

“Jack where are we?” I asked him worried about what his plans were.

“At a park” Jack said smiling.

“Yeah I get that, but why?” I asked as Jack opened his door and ran around the car to open mine for me.

“To have a picnic.” Jack said worried “Dammit you hate it don’t you, It’s just that when I first met you we were talking and you said you used to love going on picnics so I thought you would want to go and It was dumb of me I’m sorry. Get back in the car and I’ll take you to a rest-” I stopped Jacks little rant with my lips.

He was so sweet to even remember something I had said in small talk more than three months ago.

“Jack I love it.” I said grinning up at him.

“Oh well good! And don’t worry my mother made us the food not me!” Jack said as he reached into the backseat and grabbed a picnic basket which I was sure would be filled with food knowing Mrs Barakat.

Jack then once again intertwined our finger and led me through the very large park. I noticed a glow in the distance and as we got closer, it became clearer.

I gasped at the amazing sight before me. There was a large picnic rug on top of the hill, the perimeter traced with small tealight candles. In the center there were cushions and a blanket. I know this sounds super cheesy but it was sort of magical.

I turned to Jack and leant up on my tippy toes to kiss him.

“Jack this is gorgeous, How did you do all this?” I asked in awe of his creation.

“I had a little help from certain friends of ours” Jack said smiling.

He lead me to the center of the blanket and we sat together, cuddled close. Jack opened up the picnic basket which was filled with food and an Ipod speaker. Jack started playing some music as he took the food out.

There were sandwiches, salads, cake, biscuits and drinks. A lot more food than either Jack and I could possibly eat. We sat there and ate our food talking about whatever poped into our minds.

Soon enough it was pitch black, the only light coming from the glow of the candles. Jack and I were now lying down on the blanket, I was cuddled close to his side with my head on his chest and we were looking at the stars trying to make shapes.

I moved my head to look up at him and he looked down at me as he mindlessly played with the ends of my hair. I just starred into his eyes while he looked confused.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, I could hear the worry in his voice.

“Absolutely nothing. Jack this is the nicest, most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me.” I said sincerely.

“Well good, I’m glad I was the one to do it then. You deserve to be treated like a princess.” That made me blush a slight pink and I burried my head into his chest. He giggled at me as he continuously rubbed circles on my back with his thumb.

“Happy three month anniversary” He whispered in my ear. My head shot up. Had it already been three months? I guess time really does go fast when you’re having fun.

“Aw Jack you remembered” I said expecting I would have to remind him, even though he was a few days early.

“Of course I remembered these last three months have been the best of my life.” I didn’t know what to say to him even though I felt exactly the same way. Everything about the last three months was perfect.

“Same for me. I promised myself I would never fall in love when I was young” Jack’s face suddnely fell. “But you have made me break that promise. You dick!” I said laughing. Jack looked confused so I waited for him to catch up.

“Are you saying that you” He tralied.

“I love you, Jack.” Jacks smile suddenly reached his eyes as he pulled my face towards his.

“I love you too, Jess” His lips brushed passed mine as he spoke, He then joined our lips together in one of the best kisses of my life. Better than the first.

Jack and I stayed lying down on the rug in a comfortable silence with the occaisional kiss for what seemed like days, I wanted to stay like this forever but of of course my phone started ringing again, I had ignored the past couple of calls.

“Just ignore it” Jack said pulling my closer to him.

“I can’t ignore it again, I’ll be one second” I said rolling over and pulling my phone out of my bag.

“Hello?” I said into the speaker.

“Jess! where are you? Your Mum called me asking where the fuck you were! It’s 3am!” Kara yelled at me so loud I was sure Jack could hear because he started packing everything away.

“Shit! I didn’t realise, What did you say to her?” I asked knowing my mother would be pissed if she knew I was out with Jack till 3am.

“Don’t worry I saved your ass and told her you were at mine and already asleep, I was just checking you were alive.” Kara said less aggravated.

“Thank you! And yeah I’m alive but where am I meant to sleep now?” I asked Kara but another person answered my question.

“We can sleep at Alex’s” Jack said joining the conversation.

“Ha?” I asked him not really wanting to stay at someones house who hated me.

“Yeah his parents are away, He won’t mind trust me.” Before I could protest Jack had pulled out his phone dialing Alexs number.

“Alright Kar don’t worry I have a place to stay. I’ll see you tomorrow and thank you agian”

“It’s alright, Don’t worry. Have fun!” She said and with that I hung up the phone. I turned around to see Jack had also finished his phone conversation.

“So what did he say?” I asked hoping it was a no.

“He said it was cool, like a thought he would.” Jack said smiling.

“Did you tell him I was coming?” I asked thinking Alex would’ve said no If I was going to be at his house.

“Yeah?” Jack said looking at me funny.

I put my hands up in defeat. “I was just checking” I said walking over to him and wraping my arms around his waist.

“Thank you for tonight Jack, It was perfect” I said as I hid my face against his chest. He just wrapped his arm around me and led me to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god I just realised this story has 8 recs!! Thank you guys and also thanks for the comments, they're wonderful keep em' coming! So I know my updates have been lacking lately and I'm sorry, school has just been really hectic lately but I promise after next week there will be an update once a day maybe more. What did you think of this chapter??

Comment&Subscribe xx