Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Thirteen

Three Months Later

Jess P.O.V.

'Is it cool if I hold you hand? Is it wrong if I think it’s lame to dance' I groaned to the sound of my phone ringing pulling me out of my deep sleep. Before even looking at my phone I knew who it would be. He set first date by blink 182 to as his special ringtone whenever he called me.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone of my bedside table.

“Jack why are you calling me so early in the morning?” I asked in a whinny 5 year old voice.

“Aw baby I’m sorry I didn’t mean to wake you but it is 12:30” I shot up looking out the window.
“Shit! How did I sleep for that long?” I aksed not expecting an answer but of course I got one

“You were tired, derh.” Jack said as if he was a genius.

“Anyway why are you calling me?” I asked rolling my eyes. I realised I only had an hour before I was meant to meet up with Kara.

“Can’t I just call my girlfriend?” Jack asked sounding offended

“Alright well in that case I’m geting in the shower.”

“Oh can I join?” I should have seen that one coming.

“No you horny bastard!” I said and Jack laughed knowing I was never going to say yes.

“But seriously I was calling to see if you wanted to go out tonight?”

“Yeah okay, What are we doing?” I was intrigued.

“It’s a surprise!” Jack yelled into the speaker making me pull the phone away from my ear.

I argued with Jack demanding he tell me what the surprise was for about five minutes but he refused. He said that Kara would dress me so I looked appropriate and that he would pick me up 7:30 sharp.

After another ten minutes of talking to Jack I finally hung up the phone and jumped in the shower. It was the fastest shower I had ever had, I didn’t want to be late to meet Kara.

I looked at the clock it said 1:00 I had 15 minutes before I had to leave the house. Shit.

I quickly pulled on a pair of shorts and a random T-shirt before putting on some make up. I ran into the bathroom pulling out the hair dryer and drying my almost white hair. By the time I was finished I was five minutes late. She’ll live I thiought to my self.

I finally go to the mall where I was meeting Kara, I was only five minutes late and she didn’t even care/notice because Rian was waiting with her. We began shopping going to all the usual stores, the whole time me begging Kara to tell me what the surprise was. I didn’t like surprises they just always seemed to complicate things.

“Please Kara, You know what Jack’s like. I would rather not end up dead tonight!” I said pleading with the girl, she just laughed and kept walking.

“That didn’t even make sense. And no I am not telling you! Don’t worry I helped him plan everything, you will love it so stop worring and just be excited.” She said geting annoyed at me, so I decided to stop with the naging.

After two hours of shoping we went to starbucks to get a coffee. We walked in and ordered our drinks, sitting down at a small table. Five minutes later Alex and Zack came through the door. Great.

“Kara!” Alex yelled obviously not seeing me sitting there.

“Hey Lex,” Kara said standing up and giving him a hug. Then Alex saw me, I smiled and gave him a small wave but he just turned around and went to the counter. Typical.

“Hey Jess!” Zack said walking over and hugging me. I hugged him back and then he followed in Alex’s direction. At least he acknowledged my presence.

Alex P.O.V.

Zack and I had been at the park with a couple of other friends when we decieded to go to starbucks, I was really craving a hot chocolate. I was such a kid sometimes.

When we walked in I saw Kara sitting at table but I couldn’t see who she was siting with. I called her name and walked over to her, Zack following behind me. I gave her a quick hug and realised who she was with. Fuck.

Jess smiled and gave me a shy wave to which I ignored and turned and walked to the counter, it killed me.

It had been two months since the whole Lisa thing and my plan of ignoring Jess was working. Well it wasn’t because I was still so in love with her but it was working because I was ignoring her and staying out of the way or her and Jack.

It was really hard for the first two weeks because Jess was pessistant in trying to talk to me but after a while I guess she just gave up. It killed me to ignore her everyday, I felt like such an asshole but it was for the best.

“What the fuck dude! I totally just saw you completely ignore Jess!” Zack said in one of those whisper yells that I still don’t get how they work.

“What? I don’t know what you’re talking about?” I said playing dumb.

“Don’t bullshit me Alex! A blind person would’ve been able to see you ignoring her! Now what the fuck is your deal? She’s your best friends girlfriend! You shouldn’t be treating her like shit!” Zack said geting angry.

“That’s right! She’s his girlfriend not mine!” It came out before I could stop it. I could see Zack putting everything together in his head. I swear I had been in this position before.

“You still like Jess.”

Jess P.O.V.

Alex had stormed out of the cafe without saying goodbye which was I was expecting seeming as he didn’t even say hello but as he walked out he looked angry or even hurt.

“I still don’t get his problem!” I said to Kara.

“Yeah I don’t get it either.” She said taking a sip of her coffee.

“Ever since that whole Lisa thing Alex has been the worlds biggest asshole to me! In every class we have together he sits on the otherside of the room except the ones that Jack's in! In those ones he just sits on the otherside of Jack. He doesn’t even say hello to me anymore! I am so fucking sick of it!” I said ranting to Kara. She just nodded and agreed with me. Like usual. To be fair this wasn't the first time I had spoken to Kara about Alex, I think she is getting sick of my whining but it's just so frustrating!

Over the time of me being in America Kara and I had become best friends, we were closer than that, we were like sisters. She litterally knew everything about me. She knew the ins and outs of Jack and I’s relationship just like I knew about her and Rian’s.

Kara even knew why I came to America in the first place. She was the only one that I had told. There had been times when I wanted to tell Jack so badly but I was scared he would think of me differently and break up with me and that was the last thing I wanted.

I also wasn’t telling Jack about Alex being a dick to me. I didn’t want to cause drama between the two of them. Jack was protective of me and if he knew the way Alex treated me he wouldn’t be too happy and Alex knew that. That is why when I was around Jack, Alex wasn’t a dick to me but he still wasn’t nice!

I don’t know, that boy was more confusing than maths.

“Jess just forget about Alex and think of the amazing night you are going to have with Jack” Kara said trying to brighten my mood that had been ruined by Alex.

“You’re right. Screw Alex!” I said laughing, attempting the lighten the mood.

Afer a while Kara and I went back to my house, She was going to get me ready for tonight, while we were at the shops she made me buy a new dress, that she was sure Jack would love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated for a while, Promise updates will be fast after this week!
Ps I love all your comments xxx