Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Sixteen

Jess P.O.V.

It had been a week since Jack and I had spent the night at Alex’s and sadly Alex didn’t keep up the friendly attitude. By monday he was back to ignoring me at every chance he got and it sucked, maybe even more than the first time.

Now even when I was with Jack, Alex was a dickhead to me. And I’m not trying to sound like the whinning girlfriend but I was sick of it so I finally told Jack and he said and I quote

“Just ignore it”

Supportive. That led to Jack and I’s first ever fight and it was bad. Mainly because I was pms-ing and I had already had a fight with my mum that day and I basically took that all out on Jack.

Three days earlier

Jack and I walked into the cafeteria hand in hand sitting down at our usual table. I sat next to Alex who wasn’t talking to anyone only texting on his phone.

“Hey Lex, How are you?” I asked him trying to make conversation, he looked at me, got up and walked away. Really? What the fuck did I do to deserve that? I thought as I ran my fingers through my hair.

Jack had noticed the encounter so he rubbed my leg and said “Forget about it”

“Jack how am I meant to forget about it? I try so hard to be nice to him and he’s just a grade A asshole to me!” I said annoyance clear in my voice.

“Jess just ignore him.” Jack said brushing off the whole situation as if it was nothing. I shouldn’t have but I got angry, I snapped.

“Jack! Are you fucking kidding me? Why don’t you give a fuck that someone is treating me like shit?” I said pushing his hand of my thigh, the look on his face clearly showed he was surprised by my outburst.

“Babe I didn’t say I didn’t care I said to just ignore him! There is a difference! God what is your problem?” Jack said getting a little annoyed himself but that last question made the anger flare inside of me and I don’t even know why.

“My problem is you! and your dickhead of a friend!” I yelled at him as I stood from my chair and basically stormed out of the cafeteria, tears streaming down my face.

“Jess Wait! Baby!” Jack yelled after me but it was no use I was gone.

Present

It was a pretty stupid reason to have a fight but I guess that everything had just built up and I wasn’t having the best day. That night Jack had shown up to my house with flowers and apologized for not showing how much he cared for me. It was sweet but I told him not to worry and I was just being and idiot.

To Jacks defence he spoke to Alex and told him to stop treating my like shit or they would have a problem. I hated that Jack had to threaten Alex for me, the last thing I want to do is come between their friendship, ever.

I walked into my english class, I was hoping Alex would be away today so I didn’t have to ignore him ignoring me. To my disapointment Alex waltzed into the classrom linking arms with a girl who I think was called Jenna.

Oh yeah that’s the other thing, ever since his most recent break up with Lisa he has had a new girl everyday, back to his old ways I guess but it didn’t bother me. It’s not like I was his girlfriend or that I ever wanted to be.

As the class waited for the teacher to show up, Alex decieded to demonstrate how to stick your tongue down someone elses throat. It was disgusting, I just hoped Jack and I didn’t look like that when we kissed in public.

Luckily the teacher walked in before the pair could go any further. The two of them seperated and took their seats next to each other, I sat in my seat in the back corner.

The teacher began speaking about our next assignment that would be done in partners and go for two weeks, I immediately turned to my left and looked at a girl called Ali who in turn looked at me and we made the silent agreement to be partners.

“Alright so to avoid arguments or conflict for this assignment I will be allocating your partners” The teacher said with a chorus of “dammit” “Ugh” and “seriously?” followed.

He then proceed to go through the class and point at people sitting them next to their partners. I patienly waited to be pointed at when I started to get worried. More than half the class already had partners and Alex was still left, He was the last person I wanted to be paired with.

“Jess you can be with” The teacher paused, Please don’t be Alex Please don’t be Alex I began to chant in my head.

“Ali” Thank the lord “Actually on second thought” No! No! Don’t do this to me now “Go with Alex, you two will work well together” Both Alex and I’s head dropped in what I assumed was disapointment.

This was going to be a long two weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 <3 <3 Second chapter in one day
Subscribe and comment please x