Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Twenty-Five

Alex P.O.V.

I was such an idiot sometimes! Why would I even think for a second that asking Jess to hang out was a good idea? We had only been talking for an hour! Now she won’t talk to me for another week. I just destroyed all the progress we had made in that one english class.

I walked away from her as fast as I possibly could. I didn’t even have time to come up with an excuse so I just said I had to go. I was too embarrassed to just stand there awkwardly. I walked/ran to my locker to put all my books away.

These hallways got way to crowded I thought as I pushed my way through the sea of people to get to my locker, which thankfully wasn’t that far from Jess’. I didn’t really feel like going to sit with the rest of the group, I wasn’t in the mood for another awkward and forced conversation between everyone.

I lazily threw my bag in the locker I grabbed my notebook and a pen before slamming it shut. I made my way out of the building and walked towards one of the back fields. As I was walking I tried to block out all the memories this area brought back.

Lisa and I use to come here to hook up during school or whenever we skipped class together. I hadn’t thought about her lately. I hadn’t even spoken to her since that party. Come to think of it I haven’t seen her around school lately. Oh well, it was better without her at the moment. Less drama.

I sat under one of the large trees and began to write. I had been stressed out lately for obvious reasons and I hadn’t had a chance to write yet. This is going to sounds really gay but writing was the only way I knew how to express myself. I was able to get out all my emotions and frustations with ease. I mostly wrote songs but whenever I had writers block I’d just write kinda like a diary entry. I don’t I just found it therapeutic.

Oh god. I sound like such a girl.

I sat there for twenty minutes in my own world, until a noise brought me out of it. I heard the back doors of the school fling open and close. I looked up to see if I knew who was interrupting my train of thought. A saw a girl with white blonde hair run out the doors and collapse on the side of the building. There was only one girl with hair like that, Jess.

I contemplated leaving her alone she obviously came out here for a reason but then I heard her whimpers. She was crying. Without another thought I ran over to her. She had wrapped herself up like a ball, her head tucked into her knees leaning against the wall. I sat down next her and pulled her onto my lap, holding her tightly.

“It’s oaky Jess, Don’t cry, I’ve got you” I repeated but nothing changed. She buried her head into my chest, her fingers clinging to my shirt

I sat there with her, holding her and whispering comforting words in her ear, anything to make her feel better.

I had no idea why she was crying or what had happened but my best guess would be something to do with Jack.

Jess P.O.V.

I watched Alex runaway down the hallways. I felt terrible for turning him down but I guess I thought that’s what would be best for everyone. I wanted to go to the park with Alex, I don’t know why, but I did.

He has been the only one to make me laugh all week. At least he's trying to make up for what happened. Alex was a good guy, he just did dumb things… a lot of the time.

I finished neatly putting my books away and walked to the cafeteria. It was crowded as usual.

I looked over to my old table of friends and waved to Kara. I don’t really see much of her at school anymore, only in the classes we have together but she was still my best friend. Sometimes we sat together at lunch, just us two, but that seemed to become rare event these days.

Everyone else at the table looked over at me as Kara waved back. I made awkward eye contact with some of them, they all looked at me with pity. I turned to look at Kara for answers, she was giving me sad eyes. Why? Did I have something on my face?

My eyes roamed around the room trying to escape their looks when my eyes fell onto Jack. He had his hands all over some blonde slut with big boobs. It made my blood boil with anger watching him flirt with her, but there was nothing I could do. Jack and I weren’t together anymore. I looked away from him and his whore as I attempted to focused on what to get for lunch.

I guess I shouldn’t be calling her a whore. I mean I don’t even know here but judging her clothes she wasn’t joining a convent anytime soon.

I really wanted to look over again just to see what was going on but I knew I shouldn’t, that would just be creepy and it would only make me angrier so I distracted myself by taking four hours to pick a drink.

“YEAH BARAKAT GET SOME!” I heard someone yell. I hated myself for turning around but I did. It's like when someone says don't turn around but you immediately do anyway.

There he was sticking his tongue down her throat. She was straddling his waist and it looked like they were about to fuck. Was that really appropriate for a cafeteria?!? I thought as i felt tears spring to my eyes.

This time I wasn’t angry, I was upset and before I could stop them the tears began to fall down my cheeks. I left my tray of food and ran out of there as fast as I could. I didn’t want anyone to notice me, The jealous ex-girlfriend.

Why? Why would Jack kiss her and right in front of me! Was he really already over me? I am still so fucking in love with him! He was such a fucking prick but I was the idiot that loved him.

I hated that I wasn’t even with him anymore and he could still hurt me like this! Not that he ever did when we were together. He was actually the best boyfriend I had ever had.

Was this what he felt like when he saw Alex and I kiss? Probably worse because I was actually his girlfriend back then. It made me feel terrible, that I could cause someone this type of pain. But my kiss with Alex was sweet and innocent not borderline sex. Then again maybe that was worse.

I ran out of the building and collapsed against a wall. I sat there in a ball hysterically crying. I was angry at Jack for kissing her knowing I was right there. I was upset because he was already over me, It kinda felt like he was cheating on me and I felt guilty for making someone else feel this way.

I felt someone pull me onto their lap. I didn’t even attempt to look up I just continued crying.

“It’s oaky Jess, Don’t cry, I’ve got you” Someone cooed into my ear, trying to calm me down. I didn’t have to look to see who’s voice it was. Alex.

I grabbed onto his shirt and hid my face into his chest as I continued to cry. He sat there and held me rubbing comforting circles onto my back with his hands and whispering sweet things into my ear.

I finally was able to pull myself together and moved myself from Alex’s lap only to be pulled back on it.

“Are you okay?” Alex asked with worry filled eyes. I didn’t have the strength the speak just yet so I nodded my head saying yes, even though I was clearly not okay.

“Wanna get out of here?” He asked hesitantly, I thought about it for a minute before slowly nodding my head. What harm could it be leaving early with Alex?
♠ ♠ ♠
First off I'm sorry for taking so long to update school got pretty hectic but I'll try and post another chapter soon!
SO Jess and Alex? What do you thinks gonna happen? And Jack and his whore?
You know the drill subscribe, comment and recommend!
I love you all for commenting you're so great! xxx