Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Six

Alex P.O.V.

After Kara yelled at me I felt too guilty to continue hooking up with the girl clinging to my side. I politely excused myself and walked out the front door. What was I doing? It was obvious that I liked Jess. I mean ever since she had arrived I had stopped being a moody dick to everyone and I was actually happy again. There was something about that girl that made everything seem okay.

She was there for me and listened to me whine about Lisa and what do I do to show I like her? Hook up with some random girl. I guess I could always say I was using the ‘trying to make her jealous’ technique but what was the point? I just had to admit I had fucked up.

I just want to start this night over. If I could I would’ve driven to Jess’ and picked her up like a gentlemen. Opened the door for her when she got in the car and driven her to the party. When we got here I would’ve offered her a drink and then asked her to dance. She would say yes and we would dance for hours, laughing and talking. Then I would lead her outside and tell her how I feel. That I liked her and wanted to see if we could make something work. She would say yes and then I would kiss her. And everything would be perfect but no I decided to get drunk before the party even started and hook up with Ashley or Jennifer or whatever her name was.

But wait, who said I can’t have a redo? I can undo my mistake, can’t I? I could go up to Jess and tell her that I’m and idiot and I’m sorry and that I really liked her and that I think we would be perfect together. What could possibly go wrong? The worst is she says no and if that happens there is always alcohol and Ashely or Jennifer, I really should remember her name.

I sat outside for almost an hour. Thinking of whether this plan was a good idea and if I did do it what exactly would I say. That’s when I realized I had to talk to Kara. She would know what to say even if she does hate me right now she won’t when she knows what my plan is. I got up from my place on the porch and walked inside. I ran straight into Matt who was completely wasted. Luckily my hour outside had sobered me up a little.

Matt began telling me how much he loved me and I just sat him down on the lounge walking away from him trying to find Kara. I started upstairs and made my way around the whole house looking for her.

After a good twenty minutes I saw her walking outside the back door and I quickly ran up behind her. As soon as I walked out I wished I didn’t. I couldn’t believe what I saw. Of fucking course.

SHE was sitting on HIS lap with HER tongue down HIS throat. That should be MY lap and MY throat.

My best friend and my…my… my nothing. Jess wasn’t mine. I was the idiot that made it that way. I was too late. She wasn’t my anything, I had no right to be angry, jealous yes but not angry. I didn’t even tell Jack I liked Jess. This was all my fault. If I wasn’t such a gutless idiot and just admitted that I loved Jess then I wouldn’t be witnessing this… would I?

Kara stormed up to the couple and taped Jess on the back. Jess looked confused for a minute and then we made eye contact. She almost looked guilty. I guess she was drunk, and hooking up with Jack.

“Hey Kara!” I heard Jack yell even though they were mere centimeters apart. He was definitely drunk, either that or he was really happy which he should be, he is hooking up with a gorgeous girl.

I went to turn around and go back inside to drown my sorrows in a nice bottle of vodka but Jack had spotted me and started yelling my name. I slowly turned around and started walking towards them. By now Jess was standing to the side talking to Kara and Jack was left alone on his seat.

Maybe this wasn’t so bad. I mean a drunken hook up is nothing. I could get over it. So what Jack and Jess hooked up, when they were drunk. It doesn’t mean anything I have had a million of them. They probably won’t even remember it in the morning.

“Alex come sit!” Jack said motioning to the seat next to him. I walked over to him and sat down.

“Hey Jacko, how are ya buddy?” There was no point being mean to him, he didn’t know I liked the girl and even if I was he wouldn’t remember it. It would be a waste of energy.

“I am fucking fantastic! This is the best party ever!” Jack said without slurring his words, Jack always slurred his words when he was drunk.

“Jack, are you drunk?” I asked him just to double check, He had to be. Maybe he was just articulating well.

“Eh, Not really anymore, I’ve sobered up since the pre-party vodka shots.” He said smiling as if it meant nothing. Me, well my eyes widened and nearly fell out of their sockets. Jack laughed and told me not to be so surprised it’s not the first time he hasn’t been drunk at a party but then he laughed more when he realised this was the first time he hasn’t been drunk at a party. The whole time Jack was having this conversation by himself I was trying to put together everything.

If Jack wasn’t drunk then he knew what he was doing hooking up with Jess.

And if he knew what he was doing then he wouldn’t have hooked up with Jess if she was drunk because then he would be taking advantage of her and he was too much of a good guy to do that, no matter what.

So that means that Jess was sober to and this was not just a drunken hook up that would be forgotten in the morning.

As if to answer my question Jess and Kara came walking back over to us. I looked at them both. Jess smiled at me as Jack wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her back onto his lap. Jess giggling the whole time which somehow I still found adorable. I looked up at Kara and she gave me the ‘sad eyes’.

She only used them when she was saying sorry for something that happened that wasn’t her fault. The last time I saw them was when Jack knocked my ice cream out of my hands and it landed on the floor.

No. This couldn’t be happening. Kara cannot be giving me sad eyes. Sad eyes means it’s over, but how can it be over when it never started. I turned away from Kara only to see something a lot worse. Like a thousand times worse. At least with Kara’s look I knew she cared about me. This was more of a ‘Haha sucked in you idiot’ sight.

I turned to see Jack and Jess kissing but it wasn’t some hot steamy shit it was sweet and gentle and it broke my heart.

Kara P.O.V.

I walked up to Jess and Jack. I had to stop this drunken mistake. I tapped Jess on the sohulder and she turned around and looked at me for a second when she looked behind me. I guilty look crept onto her face and I slowly turned to see Alex standing there. He looked as if someone had just kicked his puppy.

Jack yelled my name even though I was right next to him. Typical.

“Hey Jack, Jess can I talk to you quickly?” I asked signally her to get up and walk to the corner with me which she did with a lot of protest from Jack. As we stepped to the side I heard Jack calling Alex over. This should go well I thought.

“So what’s up?” Jess asked casually as if she hadn’t just been hooking up with the guy she ‘likes’ best friend.

“What? What do you mean ‘what’s up?’ A couple of hours ago you were day dreaming about alex and now you’re hookig up with Jack? I would like an explanation and I’m drunk doesn’t count!” I said in one of those whisper yells that I have mastered so well over the years. Jess looked a little taken back at how forward I was.

“Well Kara if you must know. Yes I liked Alex. Past tense. And yes I was jealous and pissed off when I saw him kissing that girl. But then Jack came up to me and asked to talk and we did and he said that he liked me and then I realised that I kind of liked him too. I mean his sweet and funny but I didn’t really know so I kissed him and it felt right. Then we spent the rest of the night together until you just interrupted us.” She said in a defensive tone. I didn’t blame her I was being a bit of a bitch but I thought her and Jack were just fooling around I didn’t know he liked her.

“Aw, Are you sure you like him and he’s not some rebound? Because if he is that’s so wrong. I mean they’re best friends and-” Jess cut me off

“Yes I’m sure I like him and his not some rebound from whatever Alex and I had which was nothing. I really think we could be great.” She said with a cute smile that let me know she was being sincere.

“Aw, You guys. You are going to be so cute! Me, You, Rian and Jack can double date! We can be cute together.” Jess started laughing at me but I was excited Rian and I finally had a couple friend but I still felt bad for Alex.

“One last question and please don’t take this the wrong way but, Why did you look so guilty when you saw Alex?”
♠ ♠ ♠
PLease subscribe and comment!