Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Five

Jack P.O.V.

This party was going to be fucking awesome. I had been looking forward to it since Monday and it was finally here. Although I was a little too eager and started drinking a bit before everyone else oh well.

Alex was sitting on the lounge, I could tell he was thinking really hard by the way his eyebrows furrowed together. I decided to distract him with alcohol, which he gladly took.

Tonight was going to be great, it was Jess’s first party in Baltimore and I was going to make it memorable. I really like Jess, like really really like Jess. She’s so pretty and cute but she’s also really funny and she really likes music. She is kinda like me but has boobs and that’s why I like her.

I decided that tonight was going to be the night I was going to tell her that I liked her and then hopefully kiss her if she’d let me. I just needed some liquid confidence, that’s what the vodka shots were for.

I know it looks like I am the ladies man, but to be honest I’m not. Don’t get me wrong I have gotten around, probably more than I should have but Jess was different. I didn’t want to just sleep with her. I wanted talk to her, take her out on dates, buy her flowers. I wanted her to be my girlfriend. I know that I’ve only known her for two weeks but I knew from the first day I met her in music class, when she laughed at all my dick jokes that she would be my girlfriend one day.

The party was going great but I hadn’t seen Jess yet. Alex had already gone off and found someone to hook up with him. I loved Alex like a brother but I just didn’t like the way he treated girls. I can’t really talk cause I’m not much better but he has broken a lot more hearts than I ever want to.

The party had been going for an hour and I still hadn’t seen Jess. I was getting worried what if she didn’t show? That’s when I saw Kara, I ran up to her asking her where Jess was and she said that she didn’t know but she was definitely somewhere in the house. She looked kind of pissed off but I didn’t have time to ask why, I had to find Jess and tell her before I was too drunk.

I walked into another room of the house searching through people when I saw the white blond hair that I loved so much. I walked over to her and tapped her on the back. She spun around immediately and came face to face with me. She yelled my name and attacked me with a hug. I held onto the girl making sure she didn’t fall. I wasn’t sober but I wasn’t as drunk as she was.

“Hey Jess can I talk to you?” I asked her, terrified she would refuse.

“Of course Jacky, you can always talk to me” Her words were a little slurred but it was now or never. I pulled her out of the crowd of people holding her hand and directing her outside. As soon as we were out in the backyard she shivered and grab onto me. She was so adorable.

I led her out towards the fire pit in the middle of the yard. She cuddled into my side and my stomach started to do flips. I guessed I liked this girl more than I knew.

“So what did you want to talk about?” She asked her words not slurred together anymore, it was as if the fresh air had sobered her up a bit.

“Well, Um I don’t know how to say this so I’m just going to cut to the point. Um Jess I-” Shit why was I so nervous? I had been out with a million girls, I guess none of them really meant anything to me. “Jack just spit it out” She said slapping my chest and looking up towards me, her blue eyes starring directly into mine. “Alright Um Jess I kind of like you” As soon as those words left my mouth I froze, and so did Jess but only for a second. Her eyes went from shock to confusion to what seemed to be joy, I hoped. Within seconds her lips were on mine.

It took me a second to realize what was going on but when I did I immediately began kissing her back. It was the best kiss I have ever had. It was like in a movie, the fireworks went off, the world stopped spinning and everything just felt right.

Much to my disappointment she pulled away. We stood there starring into each other eyes, cheesy I know but I was trying to see how she felt.

Jess P.O.V.

I left Kara in the kitchen taking the bottle of Vodka with me. I wanted to forget about Alex and the feelings I may have had for him. If we ever went out I would only end up getting hurt anyway. I walked into a room where there was loud music and people dancing. I scanned the room making sure Alex wasn’t there and just began dancing with some girls from my science class.

I little while later Jack came up to me and asked if we could talk. By this time I was a little more than tipsy. I agreed to talk and he led me out of the room making sure I didn’t fall on my ass and embarrass myself.

I liked Jack. He was funny and whenever I was with him I was laughing. He was one of those people that no matter how much of a bad mood you were in he could still make you laugh, and that’s what I loved about him.

As soon as we stepped outside I shivered and moved closer to Jack, he immediately put his hand around my waist and led me towards the fire pit. The cold air had made me sober up a bit and I asked him what he wanted to talk about and he started to say something but then paused for a second. I turned in his arms and slapped his chest telling him to spit it out. He looked down at me and said 5 words I was not excepting to hear from anyone tonight, especially Jack. He kind of liked me.

It took me by suprise at first, I was shocked I hadn’t realized Jack had liked me like that. Sure we were friends, I guess I just hadn’t thought about Jack like that. Maybe me and Jack would be good together. I mean we always have fun and like I said he can always make me laugh. I guess there is only one way to find out.

Maybe it was the alcohol in my system or maybe it was just me but I crashed our lips together, Jack was definitely surprised and it took him a second to begin kissing back but when he did the fireworks went off. Our lips moved perfectly insync with each other. It was like my world stop spinning. After a minute I pulled away. I starred into his eyes deciding on what to do next.

I could tell Jack was nervous, he was searching my eyes for some form of emotion. I smiled and let out a slight giggle. As soon as I did Jack loosened up and smiled but I could tell he was still nervous. I decided to let him out of his misery.

“I like you too Jack” His smile immediately grew to reach his eyes.

“Really?” He asked me in awe.

“No, I’m kidding. Bye” I turned around and began to walk away but he grabbed my arm and spun me around crashing out lips together once again. I smiled and he pulled away.

“I’m not letting you go that easily”

“You better not” I said smiling at him. He kissed me once again and I led him back inside.

We began dancing together, if you could call it that. Jack held my hips as I began to move our bodies together. Jacks hand roamed around my body pulling himself closer to me.

After twenty minutes of ‘dancing’ I dragged Jack into the kitchen wanting more alcohol. He made himslef and me a drink then I followed him outside. He led me towards a chair and he sat down pulling me onto his lap.

“I’m glad you like me too, otherwise that could have been awkward.” I laughed and pecked him on the lips but my innocent kiss turned into something a lot more heated. Jacks tongue slid across my lip begging for entry which I granted him. I spun my legs around so I was straddling his waist. That’s when someone yelled “Yeah Jack get some”. I felt Jack’s hand leave my hip and I’m guessing giving someone the finger. A minute or two later I pulled away when someone tapepd my shoulder.

I turned to see Kara looking at me with a ‘What the fuck are you doing’ look. Before I could say anything I saw Alex standing in the background looking really pissed off.