Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Eight

Jack P.O.V

The next morning I woke up surprisingly without a headache and before 12. It was 11am when I rolled out of bed and made my way down stairs to get some food. I decided to make bacon and eggs.

As I was making the food I started to think about last night and how perfect it was. Just me and Jess. I wanted to relive the whole night every kiss, every smile, every giggle. Everything about that night was good.

I started to wonder if Jess actually felt the same way. What if she was too drunk and didn’t remember any of it? What if she thought I was kidding and it was a one night thing. Maybe I should have clarified everything for her. Shit what if she doesn’t even like me?

While I was going through all the bad possibilities and being generally paranoid I didn’t even notice my mum had come home from wherever she was and was sitting on the kitchen bench starring at me.

“Hey Mum” I said smiling and kissing her on the cheek. I was a good son like that ;)

“Jack I have said hello to you about six times! What is wrong with you? And why are you awake and cooking, It’s only 11:30?” She questioned my actions in a state of disbelief.

“Well mother I am awake because well I don’t know, I am and I’m cooking because I’m hungry and finally I didn’t answer you because I didn’t hear you, I was thinking.” I said as a placed the eggs on my plate.

“Thinking about what? or should I say who?” She said smiling. I just shook my head and took the two plates of eggs up stairs to my sisters room. I needed help and she was the only one that could give me good advice. I was going to use the eggs as a form bribery.

I knocked on the door and there was no reply so I slowly turned the handle and opened the door. My sister Alice was lying in her bed asleep peacefully, but that was about to change.

“Ali” I repeated over and over in a whisper that slowly grew louder. “Ali wake up, I have eggs” I said hoping it would bring a reaction.

“Jack, Fuck off and don’t lie to me!” she mumbled.

“HEY!” I yelled “I am not lying I promise, I need your help Alice please!” I said now on my knees begging in front of her like a peasant.

“Ugh, Fine. Only because you have eggs.” She rose from her spot and took the eggs from me. She then patted the spot next to her on the bed signally for me to sit down. I jumped over her and crawled under the warm covers.

“So Jack, What can I help you with?” She asked eating a mouthful of eggs

“Girls. Or a girl.” I said

“Alright whose heart did you break?” She said in an angry tone

“No ones, I swear. It’s just I don’t know.” I said really not knowing what to say to her.

“Alright start from the beginning and tell me everything no skipping detail or I can’t give you the right advice.” She instructed.

I then went on to tell her the whole story starting from the first day I met Jess. She sat there and listened intently to every detail. That's whats good about having an older sister. Ali was four years older than me and currently in college, which sucked because I didn't see her as much. After I finished telling Ali my story shewas smiling at me.

“What! Why are you smiling? Just help me! Tell me what to do” I begged.

“Aww Jackies in love!” She teased. I sat there pouting until she finally started giving me the advice I needed and stopped teasing me.

“The best thing to do is just go right out and ask her. Actually no. Here’s what you’ll do. You will go to her house and see if she wants to go out to lunch and then she what her reaction is. Then take her out and just talk and if you still don’t know then just ask her and tell her how you feel.”

I jumped up from my position under the covers and started jumping on Ali’s bed how is she so smart? I landed on her, huggin her saying “I love you so much! You are the greatest sister ever!” and with that she pushed me off and told me to go to Jess’s and I did right after I put on some clothes. I decided to text Jess first just in case she was still asleep.

To:Jess
From Jack:
Heeey :) Wanna get some lunch today? :)


Within seconds my phone buzzed with a reply. That has to be a good sign I thought.

To Jack
From Jess
Of course, pick me up in 10 :) xxx


‘xxx’ What an even better sign! She is giving me virtual kisses or hugs I can never remember.

Ten minutes later I was standing outside Jess’ house I was about to knock on the door when she came flying out of it and ran straight into me. We both stumbled backwards and I fell on my ass and Jess fell on top of me.

“Well at least let me buy you dinner first” I said with a cheeky smile. She laughed and got off of me and helped me stand back up.

“Sorry Jack I wasn’t looking, Anyway lets get lunch!” She said smiling but I knew it was fake, there was something behind her eyes. I wondered why she was running out of her own house anyway, it’s not like she was late to meet me, I was picking her up.

Jess P.O.V.

When I got Jacks text for lunch I was relieved for two reasons, one I didn’t know if he actually remembered last night and I know that the kiss told me everything I needed to know but when I woke up I guess I was just scared he would change his mind or forgotten about it.

The second reason was I just really needed to get out of this house. I thought things would be different when we moved half way across the world. They promised things would be different.

I didn’t even want to think about it anymore. I quickly got ready and then ran out of the house not wanting to run into her. I was too angry and I knew we would only have another fight. When I opened the door I ran straight into Jack.

We fell to the ground, me on top of him. He said something funny with his mischievous smile that managed to make me almost forget everything that had just happened inside.

“Sorry Jack I wasn’t looking, Anyway lets get lunch!” I said with a smile, I think he could tell it was forced but thankfully he didn’t say anything or ask questions. He just lead me to the car and opened the door for me. What a gentlemen I thought.

An hour later we were still sitting at the diner Jack had chosen to eat at. We had finished our meals a while ago and now we were just talking. The conversation flowed so easily, everything with Jack was easy and I liked it. My stomach hurt from laughter, I don’t think I have enjoyed myself this much in a long time.

As I was laughing again Jack caught my eye and we starred at each other for a second before Jack broke it. He began to look really nervous and started twiddling his thumbs

“Hey so Jess I just wanted to talk about something if that’s okay?” He asked me, oh great he only invited me to lunch to tell me last night was a mistake. I knew it was too good to be true.

“Yeah sure anything.” I said I was terrified of the next words to come out of his mouth.

“So last night was fun and I was just, Ah fuck it.” and with that Jack leaned across the table and crashed his lips to mine. It took me a second to kiss back, I thought he was going to break up with me, if you could call it that but he did the exact opposite.

The kiss was amazing. Almost better than the kiss last night, It could have been better I don’t know it seems as if every kiss with Jack just gets better each time.

After a minute he pulled away and he had a goofy smile on his face that he tried to hide. I laughed because I knew I had the same smile.

“So what were you going to say?” I said and Jack smile turned into shock.

“Oh I um ah yeah” Jack awkwardly tried to put a sentence together but I cut him off with my lips one more time. I felt his lips curl into a smile. I pulled away after a minute or two.

“I was kidding Jack. I get what you were saying. You wanted to know if A I remembered and last night and B If I still feel the same way. And my answer is yes, to both.” I said smiling and Jack looked at me in disbelief.

“Ho- How did you know? Did you talk to Ali?” I laughed and shook my head.

“No Jack I didn’t talk to your sister and because I felt the same way. Did you ask your sister for advice about me?” Jack turned a light shade of pink and I giggled.

“Well then Jessica, will you be my girlfriend?” Jack said kneeling down on one knee in front of me.

I laughed and said “It would be my pleasure” I then sat on Jacks knee and kissed him, this one wasn’t so sweet and was more passionate. What can I say? We’re teenagers.

We pulled away at the same time when we realized people were watching us. One of those people being Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please subscribe and comment :)
Why do you think of Jack and Jess?