Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Nine

Alex P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning with a headache and I felt like shit. I rolled out of bed and checked my phone. No texts. For some reason I was hoping there would be one from her, but then I remembered everything that happened last night.

Everything between them.

I walked down stairs to the kitchen in search for some food, it was after 12. I checked every cupboard in the kitchen and there was no food. Nothing. Not even bread.

I decided to text Jack to see if he wanted to get lunch. That way I could ask him about Jess. After he didn’t reply for ten minutes I grew impatient and called Rian instead. He said he would pick me up in ten minutes with Zack and we could head to the cafe I love.

Ten minutes later, sure enough I heard Rian’s car horn beep outside. I ran out and jumped in the backseat saying Hi to both the guys. The whole car ride I couldn’t stop thinking about Jess. It was like we had dated as long as Lisa and I had. I just couldn’t stop myself thinking about her. She was just so perfect even when she was kissing my best friend.

Last night before I fell asleep I managed to convince myself that Jack and Jess were a one time thing. They would never amount to anything. I was going to stick with the idea that it was just a drunken hook up and nothing more, it was the only thing I could think of to stay sane.

Jack had never even spoken about her in that way before anyway, had he? Zack started hitting me on the leg trying to get my attention. That’s when I realized I hadn’t said a word since I got in the car.

“Alex what is up with you today?” Rian asked while speeding down the streets.

“Nothing just thinking. Hey guys did Jack ever talk about like him and Jess?”

As soon as I asked the question Rian stopped the car and they both turned around and looked at me as if I was the stupidest person on the planet.

“Do you not listen to him? All he talks about is how great Jess is and how funny she is and all the funny things they do together.” Zack said still looking at me, Rian had started driving the car again.

“Oh right.” Was all I could say How could I not notice Jack talking about her all the time maybe it’s because I liked what he was saying.

“I reckon they’ll get together sooner or later” Rian said.

“WHAT?” I basically yelled without realizing, The words had left my mouth before I could stop them.

“Wow, calm down, It’s not like she’s your girlfriend I was just saying th-” Zack cut Rian off before he could finish his sentence.

“But you want her to be your girlfriend!” Zack yelled out his realization before I could stop him. Rian’s eyes immediately widened and it looked as if they were going to fall out of their sockets, before I could even deny the accusation. There was no point their minds were already made up. They knew I liked Jess.

They were both silent for a second processing the information they had both just discovered.

“But If you like Jess, and Jack likes Jess, then you both like Jess” Rian said thinking out loud and putting everything together. Oh god sometimes he was slower than Jack.

I shook my head and got out of the car as soon as Rian pulled into the parking spot. I basically ran into the cafe to get away from their question but as soon as I opened the door I stopped.

It was like deja vu. I swear I have been in this situation before.

I wish I didn’t walk into that cafe and I wish I didn’t see what I saw.

When I opened that door I saw Jack leaning down on one knee and I heard those six words come out of his mouth that I know he had never said to any other girl before. I saw her jump on to his knee and kiss him. It was like they were rubbing it in my face. They stopped kissing after a while and I realized I was starring at them. I went to turn around and walk away but Rian and Zack pushed me into the cafe not aware of what had just happened

“Alex!” I heard someone yell I knew exactly who, but I didn’t want to turn around I didn’t want to see him right now so I headed for the door. I opened it and I was half way out when someone grabbed my arm.

I turned around and saw Jack standing there looking confused and a little hurt.

“What the fuck dude?” He asked sounding angry.

“Just leave me alone.” I said pulling my arm out of his grip. I walked away not knowing where I was headed. I heard Jack mutter “dick.” As I walked away but I didn’t care.

What else was I meant to say. Oh nothing Jack I am just in love with your new girlfriend. Yeah I don’t think that would’ve gone to well.

I didn’t know where I was going, I just kept walking and thinking. My phone kept ringing and I kept ignoring the calls, they were all from Rian anyway. I just needed to clear my head and be alone for a bit.

After an hour of walking around the suburban streets I realized I needed Kara again. She would tell me what to do because right now I still had no idea. I felt guilty for being such an asshole to Jack but he took the girl I wanted. I wanted Jess, I needed needed Jess. Technically I saw her first so technically I should have her. It wasn’t fair that she was Jack's!

I sat on the corner of the street and pulled out my phone dialling Kara’s number. It rang three times before she finally answered the phone.

“Hey Kara”

“Alex what’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“You’ve obviously spoken to Rian.”

“Yeah I have but he wouldn’t tell me why you're upset.” I was silent for a moment trying to choke back the tears that had suddenly appeared. How could I be crying over a girl I haven’t even kissed.

“They. They’re together, like offically and there’s nothing I can do. Kara I want her. She’s meant to be mine not Jack's.” That’s when the tears started and I knew Kara could hear me crying. God she must think I’m such a girl.

She sighed and then said “Alex you’re right there is nothing you can do. I know you don’t want to hear this but you’re too late. Jack and Jess are together and there really is nothing you can do.” She was right that was exactly what I didn’t want to hear.

“No Kara! You can say that. You’re meant to give me advice and tell me how to win her back!” I pleaded with her.

“Alex you can’t get her back when you never had her. If you do anything you will lose Jack as a friend and no girl is worth that. Al you just have to let them be and admit defeat. You lost. Jack won and there is noting left to do” She was definitely using the tough love on me tonight.

“No. I want her, she’s meant to be mine.” I sounded like a four year old fighting for his toy.

“Al you’re being selfish!” Kara was getting angry now “You can’t call her yours because she isn’t. Just let Jack be happy you know he has never had a serious girlfriend, let him have one. You have or had Lisa and now Jack has Jess. Don’t ruin it for him, let him be happy.” She basically yelled at me as if she was my mother but she was right and I did ask her for her advice. "And Jess isn't a thing that you and Jack just play with, she's a girl!

“You’re right. I can’t ruin this for him. So what do I do then?”

“Just pretend like you’re happy for them, act how Jack would want you to or like how you act around me and Ri.” I sighed that’s not as easy as it sounds.

“That’s going to be so hard I am around them all the time.”

“Well then find yourself a distraction and they might not want to be around you that much anymore now that they’re a couple and all.” Ouch that one hurt. So not only am I losing the girl I want but I am also losing two people to hang out with during class?

“Yeah I guess you’re right. Thanks Kara”

“It’s alright Alex you know I’m here when you need me. I’ll see you at school tomorrow?”

“Of course. Bye” I hung up the phone and buried my face in the palms of my hands.

Be happy for them? How was I meant to do that? I guess if it meant Jack would be happy then I’d do it. I would be the best god damn actor the world has ever seen. After this I’ll deserve a fucking Oscar.

Maybe Kara was right, maybe I should get a distraction and I know exactly who that could be.

Jess P.O.V.

My alarm went off early the next morning. I rolled over and turned it off hoping to get some more sleep. I had spent most of last night texting Jack and thinking about Alex, instead of sleeping.

I know I shouldn’t but I still felt a little bad for Alex. After he stormed out of the cafe yesterday I couldn’t get him out of my head. I didn’t realized he liked me that much if he did he should have said something before I fell for Jack. It was his fault not mine and definitely not Jacks.

Jack still doesn’t get why Alex stormed out and I definitely wasn’t going to be the one to tell him. After Alex left we all sat and spoke for a bit before Jack and I left to go to the park. We spent the rest of the day there talking and cuddling and just being cute together. When it was getting dark he dropped me home and said he would see me tomorrow.

It was a great day accept for the part about Alex. That boy seems to always cause some drama.

I got myself out of bed and got ready quickly otherwise Kara and I would be late for school. I walked down stairs and grabbed an apple said bye to my mum and walked to the front door. I opened it to find Jack on the other side holding a bundle of flowers. I smiled and jumped into his arms.He dropped the flowers and held me so I wouldn’t fall.

“Jack you’re so sweet! I didn’t even know you were picking me up!” I said gushing he really was perfect.

“Well I thought I would be a good boyfriend.” He said smiling I got off him and pecked him on the cheek. “That’s all he gets for buying you flowers?” I heard Kara yell from the car. I gave her the finger and Jack laughed.

I quickly put the flowers inside and came running outside. Jack was about to open his car door when I stopped him. I spun him around and pressed my body on his making him lean up against the car. I crashed my lips to his kissing him passionately. I traced my tongue along his lip asking for entrance which he gladly gave him. He did get me flowers after all.

Kara and Rian began to yell at us which just made us go for longer. Finally I pulled myself off Jack and he was smiling like a kid on Christmas.

“Remind me to get you flowers more often.” He said smiling and winked at me, I laughed and got in the passengers seat.

The car ride to school was fun we all sang along to the radio. Jack's singing was terrible and loud but he was still so cute. When we got to school we all walked in the front doors together and we all stopped at the same sight.

“He didn’t”

“He wouldn’t”

“He couldn’t”

“He did.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe and comment ! x