Status: Keep or delete?

Pathways

What Do I Have To Loose?

Roe had left me with Darren after that. That’s where I stood now, my back to him and my arms crossed. I knew I was broken at the moment, still trying to pick up my pieces after being told that I had to leave. He could’ve just asked me to go home with him, I may have considered going with him to be honest. It was better than just being thrown out. My eyes were still fighting back tears, I didn’t want to have him see me cry at the very least.

After away I heard his feet crunching over the hard snow then I felt a heavy coat rest over my shoulders. It was warm and comforting, and his sweet scent lingered on it as well as Roe’s. I could tell he felt guilty, and he didn’t seem like the type of guy to know how to comfort a girl. I didn’t really make a movement either, but even with my human senses his smell lured me close to him. It was so damn overpowering. I found myself start to shake a little bit, why was my body screaming to me to go to him but my brain refusing!

He sighed deeply then I felt him behind me, pulling me backwards into his chest and wrapping his huge arms around me. Then his warm face tucked against my shoulder, sniffing my. I have yet to share my then ten words with this man and it already felt so right in his arms, I think that’s what scared me about him. He was so open about wanting me, but I’ve never had that. I don’t like change. Any kind of change.

“When I decided to come to this frozen place,” He mumbled against the fabric covering my skin. “I never expected to find my mate. Not to mention find a girl who should be part of my pack running with tundra wolves.”

I found myself leaning against his chest, my shaking stopping and my emotions turning from sadness to confusion. What is going on? How can I deal with this?

I said the first words to him ever that weren’t out of complete anger. “How do you do it?”

He lifted his head from my shoulder then simply rested his chin on it, his words tickling my ear as he whispered to me. “Do what, Rose?”

This time I was the one to sigh, at least he was being nice for now. “How do you be something to someone?” His arms tightened around me and stiffened, he was frozen. Not knowing how to answer. “I’ve never been something to someone, Roe is the only one who talks to me. That’s what made me run earlier. I didn’t know what to do and your surprised me. I was just scared…I still am.”

He let go of me, pulling me away from his warm body then turning me around to look at me with those hazel eyes again. A mixture of green dancing around in copper orbs. It was beautiful! He tilted his head at me, studying me the way I was studying him.

“Rose, they had no right to treat you the way they did. It’s not your fault.” He informed, reaching out and brushing some hair from my forehead. “When you go home with me you’ll see how you should’ve been treated. Not to mention you’ll be with me, the alpha’s mate is kind of doted upon to be honest.”

I smirked a little bit. “Spoiled you mean.” I joked, shrugging my shoulders a little. “I just want a place were I’m not screamed at for walking down the street, nothing more nothing less.”

That was what I truly wanted. I wanted a home where I could come to and feel welcome. I wanted a place where I could say hi to a person on the street or in the store. I wanted friends and a family. Roe was right, Darren was my chance at happiness. Any other wolf would be thrilled to meet their mate. When that scent hits them they can’t help but feel drawn to them. They instantly knew that when you see that one person, why you feel their touch, and when you smell them…Ah, when you smell them…Either way that person is your world instantly. Their beauty astounds you, their face haunts your dreams, and without them it hurts to breath. I’ve learned this from the stories people had told me-well the ones I’ve read. Some far it’s been true, and I’m a damn fool if I’m going to let him go. Though it seems like he wouldn’t leave without me anyway.

He smiled at me a little bit then let go of me. “I can give you that, but you have to come with me.”

That was true, I’d be leaving everything I know. What if they don’t like me anyway? “Will they accept me, I’m an outsider that you’re bringing into your pack and making the alpha’s mate. How are you going to break that to them? What if they hate me to?”

He tilted his head again, thinking a little bit then shrugging. “You were meant to be with us from the beginning, Rose. You were meant to be with me from the beginning. I’m their alpha, I make the right decisions for them and right now I’m making this choice for me. I’ll only have one mate, and I’m not letting her go just because she is an outsider. We’ll get to know each other, and chances are that we won’t hate each other. You’re my mate, Rose. I’ll make this work because I’m scared that if I let you go now, I’ll either never find you again or be alone forever. I’m not willing to risk that.”

I looked down at the snow. Kicking up some snow and then dragging my foot along the ground. This was still so new to me. So scary and abnormal. Could I do this? The only thing I hade to go on here was the knowledge that he was my mate, and that would never change. Although even if you are attracted to someone, nothing ever turns out the way you plan. Being connected to someone doesn’t mean that they won’t hurt you.

“How can you be so sure about this, Darren? You know nothing about me.” I hummed.

He chuckled pretty loudly. It shook me as it vibrated through his chest. Sent butterflies to my stomach and a fluttering to my heart. “Rose, I like you. I think we’ll get along quite well, but you know that even though there will be fights and probably temper due to stress from being the alpha I would love to get to know you. If that means I have to take you back to my pack, then I will.” He stepped towards me again then placed a finger under my chin, cooing my face up to look at him. “Want to give it a chance, or do you want to chance me letting you go rogue?”

I smirked at him, deciding that maybe I’ll give him a run for his money. “I haven’t decided yet.”

He frowned a little bit then let go of my face. “Seriously?”

I giggle a little then shook my head. “Of course not.” I stepped towards him this time. “What do I have to lose?”
♠ ♠ ♠
The update that was requested, thank you guys so much for all the comments. They are amazing :)