Status: Working on it :) Comment/reccomend pretty please it makes me more inclined to write. :)

Would You Bargain With Hell?

If I Make It To Heaven Would You Bargain With Hell

The lights blurred in, like in flashes the location became clearer. At the far end of a worn couch was a boy, absent-mindedly strumming at a guitar which wailed violently at his novice fingers. At his feet a dusty shag rug made a comfortable home for small bugs. The walls were bare and grey cinderblock like a warehouse or industrial building.

My eyelids moved slowly, my body frozen in sleep, my side aching and my face felt tender. I groaned impulsively as my body was eager to stretch. I opened my mouth and yawned. My eyes becoming alert and my head resounding pounds. There was a thud as Mason dropped his guitar on the floor and scooted along the couch. His face endearing.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

A question I’d been asked probably thousands of times, and yet it was so difficult to dig for the right words. I’d never been able to say what I really wanted to. “No. I’ve never been okay and I probably never will be okay in my life.” Tears made pools inside my eyes as my body hurt at the twinge in my ribs.

“Rayder…” His voice was empathetic, his green eyes matching mine.

“What time is it?” I searched the room for a clock.

“It’s seven.”

“Okay, I can make it back before they wake.” I lunged to sit up, my ribs cracking under the pressure and I doubled over crying. “Ah!”

My body was in anguish, refusing to move. Mason slid off the couch and to my side.
“Okay one; it’s seven in the evening so I don’t think you need to go back. And two, don’t go back look what they did to you.” His eyes were genuine, and I looked down to my side only now realizing I was in my pink bra again.

“How are you feeling? Should I take you to the hospital?”

“I’m not going to lie, its hell. But then again that’s where I’m going anyway.” My voice was raspy and dry from sobbing.

“No, you’re going to heaven Rayder, you belong in heaven. I’ll take your place in hell.” He sounded so serious; I could feel my body warming and my muscles relax.

I blushed. “If I make it to heaven, would you bargain with hell?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean bargain so you could come be with me.” My face flushed, and like I’d expected he looked dumbfounded, but then his open mouth turned into a big smile.

“I’ll bargain with the devil himself.”

I smiled. Then I remembered my other life. The life I had to live. The life I had to go back to. I closed my eyes. I remember yesterday. I cringed. I cringed at the thought of returning home. This time different than the others. I was afraid in a new kind of way. I was afraid because I wasn’t sure if I’d make it back out.

Before Id realized I’d been spaced out Mason started talking again, his voice a deep song. “Let me take you to the hospital okay?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” I put my hand over my ribs.

Mason grabbed his jacket of the couch, the one I had worn the previous night, and threw it over my shoulders.

“Why not?”

“Well, first I’d have to explain my injuries. Second, I’ll need to give my name and insurance information, and every doctor here knows Grace, they’ll tell or something. Third, I don’t like doctors.”

Mason leaned into me very closely; I could feel his breath, warm on my neck. Goosebumps popped up and I closed my eyes. “Rayder you need to go to the hospital okay?”

“UHuh, okay.” I nodded.

“Should I carry you?”

“Yeah.” I blushed and raised my arms, my left side throbbing.

He pulled me into his arms and lifted me up. I twined my arms around his neck. I observed his face, his broad jaw and high cheekbones. The faint scars that made designs over his clean face. He had a five o’clock shadow and his eyes were a deep green. Then I caught him staring at me. Something clicked in my brain. Like electricity I felt something course through my veins and spreading around my body.

I could tell by the look on his face that he felt it too. He leaned in to me, and I leaned back.

There was hesitation on both of our lips, as we both were really unsure what we were doing. Then in the most surreal moment his lips were on mine, he kissed me gently, delicately as if to get the message across that he was not going to hurt me. I smiled. My lips found his and then a few minutes later we both pulled back blushing.

I licked my lips and looked up searching for his eyes.

In my mind I compared it to Patrick. Patrick at first was slimy and unwelcome but Mason was electric and I wanted more. I found myself craning my neck closer to him.

He kissed me once more then shook his head, setting my feet on the floor.

“We should…really, uh, get to the hospital.” He cleared his throat.

I wobbled, the agonizing strain in my ribs, required me to lean on Mason, I wrapped my elbow in his. “Right. Uhm, do you have a car?” I swallowed, there was this weird tension. Not awkward but an indecisive tension.

He lifted me again. “No, but I’ll borrow Scrappy’s.” I held onto him, staring at his lips, pouty and stern. I blushed looking down and using one of my hands to close the jacket.

Mason walked outside, and grabbed a key from a bird bath in front of the door. It appeared the ‘house’ was actually a garage in a decent neighborhood. Parked along the street was an old Dart Swinger. Mason propped me against his chest so he could open the car door. I felt his chest rise and fall, slowly through his thin shirt. I felt brawn under my hands as his heartbeat.

He set me down and I winced, he reached his hand over me to buckle the seat belt, his hand skimmed my arm and I felt goosebumps sprout up. I swallowed.

“Are you alright?” He leaned down, his head in front of mine. I nodded and he closed my door, sliding into the driver’s seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long!!! I've been busy writing a project for school, and a few smaller pieces for some mibba writing contests. But was it worth the wait?