Status: Keep or kill? Updates slow for awhile.

Into Your Arms

Chapter 1

Parties = the few hours I look forward to every week so I could get drunk and simply hang out with my best friends, and this Friday wasn’t any different as Garrett, Pat, Jared, Kennedy, my boyfriend John, and I decided to start off the week long Thanksgiving break Garrett, Pat, and I had off from school with a party that we went to nearly every week.
“Hey Lexie,” Kennedy told me once I walked up to him with a smile on both of our faces.
“Hey Kenny,” I replied back as I gave him a quick hug before noticing the soda can in his hand, instead of the beer he would normally be drinking. “Not drinking tonight?” I teased him with a chuckle and he rolled his eyes while shaking his head.
“Nah, I’m supposed to take John’s drunk ass home,” he replied with a laugh and I laughed too.
“Speaking of John, have you seen him?” I asked while standing on my tip toes in hopes to find the tall brunette I had lost not long after we arrived in the crowd of people with no luck.
“Sorry Lex, haven’t seen him in over an hour,” Kennedy apologized and I sighed before looking back over at him.
“Its fine, Kenny; it’s not like you’re supposed to look after him at all times,” I replied as I ran a hand through my long hair that I had decided to straighten for the day while Kennedy simply chuckled at me. We stood in a comfortable silence for a couple minutes before his gaze was directed across the room before he clenched his teeth with an angry expression on his face and I raised an eyebrow.
“What’s wro-?” I started while looking in the direction he was but I suddenly stopped myself as I took in the two people in a heated make out session and my eyes widened in shock as I noticed the guy was John. “You have to be fucking kidding me,” I said angrily before a sob escaped my mouth and Kennedy pulled me into a hug.
“I’m so sorry, Lex,” Kennedy whispered into my hair as he held me to him tightly.
“I can’t believe he would do this to me,” I cried into Kennedy’s chest before pulling away and wiping the tears from my eyes. “I’m gonna go home, Kenny. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow,” I stuttered out before turning around and getting ready to walk out of the house before I felt Kennedy wrap his hand around my wrist to get my attention.
“How are you getting home, Lex? John drove you, remember?” he reminded me quietly and I sighed as I nodded my head slightly.
“I’ll just walk; I don’t want to be here anymore,” I replied just as quietly and Kennedy just shook his head.
“Go outside; I’ll go find Garrett and he can take you home, and I’ll deal with John, ok sweetheart?” Kennedy said and I pulled him into another hug while nodded my head against his chest.
“Thank you,” I whispered before releasing him and making my way outside to wait for Garrett. I sat on the top step of the empty porch and picked at a rip in the knee of my jeans before I heard the door shut and footsteps coming towards me and I looked up to see Garrett smiling at me sadly while sitting down beside me and I laid my head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around my waist protectively.
“I heard about what John did, I’m sorry Lexa,” Garrett said quietly, using the nickname he gave me when I moved here two years ago, and I nodded slightly.
“Let’s not talk about it, ok?” I whispered.
“Of course. Do you want me to take you home now?” I nodded again before he stood up and outstretched his hand to help me up and I gratefully took it before he pulled me up from the step, and we made our way to his car, never letting go each other’s hands.
“I’m sorry I had to ruin your night,” I muttered an apology to him after he pulled up to my house but neither of us made any move to actually get out of the car.
“Its fine, Lexa, I wasn’t having much fun to be honest,” Garrett admitted and I managed to smile slightly, Garrett just had that affect on me.
“Well glad to rescue you from that party then,” I joked slightly and Garrett rolled his eyes but still had a smile on his face since I was able to still joke with him even after I just saw John cheat on me. After thinking that, though, I started to cry again as I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my shins.
“Don’t cry sweetheart, he isn’t worth your tears,” Garrett whispered soothingly to me as he placed a hand on the small of my back in a comforting manor.
“I should probably go inside, thanks for the ride Gare; I’ll see you later,” I whispered out a couple minutes later before opening the car door and getting out before slowly, sadly, making my way into my house.
“Why are you home so early, Lexie?” my mom called from the kitchen once she heard the door shut; unlike most parents, my mom didn’t really care that much about me drinking, partying, or cussing as long as I didn’t overdo it, which I never did anyways.
Instead of replying to her though, I quickly rushed up the stairs while blinking back fresh tears from my eyes as I slammed the door to my room shut before sliding down the door and pulled my knees back up to my chest.
“Lexie? What’s wrong?” my mom asked concerned while knocking on my door.
“Go away,” I said barely loud enough for her to hear through the closed door and I heard her let out a sigh.
“Lexie, open the door now and tell me what’s wrong,” she said, more stern this time, and I sighed myself before wiping the tears from my face as I stood up and opened the door to see her concerned face. “What happened, Lexie?” she whispered to me and I walked over to my bed and sat down while she followed suit.
“He cheated on me,” I mumbled and her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.
“What are you talking about, Lexie?”
“He fucking cheated on me, ok? I saw him kissing another girl,” I practically yelled through sobs and tears and my mom’s eyes widened before she pulled me into a hug and let me cry onto her shoulder.
“Oh Alexa, I’m so sorry,” she comforted me as she rubbed circles onto my back.
“I can’t be here anymore,” I mumbled and she pulled away from me slightly.
“What do you mean, sweetie?” she asked confused.
“I don’t want to live here anymore. Everything reminds me of John,” I said, stuttering while mentioning his name.
“Are you sure, Alexa?” she asked sadly and I nodded my head slightly before she let out a sigh. “I’ll call your sister, just get changed and lay down, ok?” she told me, referring to my older sister that lived in Towson, Maryland, a suburb only a few minutes away from our hometown of Baltimore, as she studied business at the university located there in Towson. I nodded before she made her way out of my room and softly shut the door behind her as I got up and quickly pulled the tank top and jeans off of my body and changing into a pair of sweatpants and a plain white tank top before crawling back into my bed as I listened to my mom’s muffled voice in the hallway as she talked to my sister.
After another ten minutes, she softly knocked on my door before letting herself in and looking over at me with a sad smile. “Hannah said you can move in with her in her apartment. I’ll call the school on Monday and see if I can get you transferred to Towson. You can move in with her by the end of the week.” Relief filled my body as she said that.
“Thank you,” I whispered to her as I pulled my comforter closer to my body.
“I love you, Lexie; go to sleep, I’ll see you tomorrow,” she said to my quietly before turning my light off and shutting the door as she exited my room.

“Lexie, you have visitors,” my mom said five days later, peeking her head through my door, and I looked up from my laptop as I laid in my bed, like I have been doing ever since I got home from the party, the only time I’ve gotten up since then was to eat or use the bathroom and shower.
“I don’t want to see anyone mom,” I whined as I shut my laptop lid and slid it underneath my bed.
“Good luck explaining that to them,” she said with a slight chuckle before Garrett, Pat, Jared, and Kennedy all made their way into my room and sat down on my bed; Garrett sitting closest to me as he pulled me into his side comfortingly. All the guys have visited me a few times over the past few days but all we ever did was sit on my bed while I would occasionally cry to them, but I had yet to tell the guys I was moving across the country; I knew I needed to soon since I was leaving in three days, but I just couldn’t get the guts to actually tell them.
“Hey Lexie, how’re you feeling?” Pat asked and all the guys rolled their eyes.
“That is probably the stupidest thing to ask right now, Pat,” Jared told him while slapping the side of his head and I chuckled at the scene before me.
“I’m getting better, Pat; still a little shocked and hurt but better than before,” I admitted and Garrett squeezed me reassuringly as he looked at me with a smile which I returned slightly.
We continued talking for a couple more hours before I realized I needed to tell them I was moving, and I needed to tell them soon. I bit my lower lip, my nervous habit, as I looked at the four guys I had the opportunity to call my best friends for the past two years of my life.
“Guys, there’s something I need to tell you,” I said nervously and they all looked at me with confusion on their faces.
“What is it, Lex?” Kennedy asked and I took a deep breath.
“I’m moving to Maryland to live with my sister,” I said quietly and surprise, shock, and sadness filled each of their faces.
“Why?” Pat asked sadly.
“I can’t be here anymore; everything reminds me of him,” I answered.
“When are you leaving, Lexie?” Jared asked a moment later.
“Three days. I leave Saturday morning,” I said while looking down, I couldn’t look at their hurt faces anymore.
“I’m gonna miss you, Lexa,” Garrett said sadly while pulling me into a hug and the other guys nodded their heads before joining Garrett and I in a group hug.
“But there’s something else I need to tell you guys as well,” I said as I bit my lip again nervously and looking over at Garrett who nodded at me encouragingly, as he was the only person I had told so far.
“What?” Kennedy asked warily and I took in another deep breathing before I managed to say the words I never thought I would be saying as a teenager.
“I’m pregnant.”
“When did you find out?” Jared asked after a stunned moment of silence.
“Three days ago,” I said quietly as I fought back the tears that wanted so badly to come.
“How far along are you?” Pat asked, just shocked as Jared and Kennedy.
“About a month and a half,” I said as I squeezed Garrett’s hand, knowing what the next questions were going to be.
“It’s John’s isn’t it?” Kennedy asked and I closed my eyes for a brief second as another round of hurt filled my body as I thought about the brown haired singer that I had been dating for two years.
“Yes,” I answered as I reopened my eyes.
“Does he know yet?” Jared asked and I shook my head sadly.
“No, and he’s not going to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So funny story, I wrote this a while ago, but my old laptop decided to crash and I forgot to save the story on my thumbdrive, so I had to restart the whole story; its almost the same as it originally was, but I also changed some things around.

I'm not really sure about this story, so comment and subscribe and tell me what you think? If I get some positive feedback, I'll continue, but if I don't get any, I won't post the next chapter (which I'm still working on and is in present tense).

So; comment? Subscribe? Recommend?