Status: yay, New Story. Comment please.

I'll See You Around

Ch. 1: Over You

“Lola, seriously, where is my sweater? You always forget to return it,” my mother said as she walked into my room while I was half asleep. I just turned over pulling the covers over me hinting for her not to bother me. “Lola!”

“I don’t know mom! Depends on what sweater your talking about, because I barrowed a lot,” I said under the blankets annoyed that she is interrupting my slumber.

“It’s that knitted black one that I got two weeks ago,” She said as I drifted back to sleep. Annoyed with no answer coming from me she yanks the blanket off. It made me kick around for awhile before I sat up. I was wearing black boyshorts and a black sweater as pajamas. “You’re wearing it! I need it!” She said before I could say anything she was pulling it off.

“Where are you even going?” I asked pulling my white tank top down to cover my stomach. She walked out of my room and I jumped off my bed to follow her into her room. “Mom, where are you going around 6:30 pm?”

“Out, mother dearest, I have a date,” she said switching out of her gray sweater and into the black one I had.

“Oh, who’s the lucky guy?” I ask leaning on her door frame smiling that my mother was getting out there after the divorce with my father.

“No one you need to know.” She said looking at me. “How do I look?” she asked gesturing to her out fit. She had on black heels, blue skinny jeans, and the black sweater. Her hair was down and wavy. Her make up was light and she just looks beautiful.

“Beautiful as always,” I said as she came up to me.

“And that’s why you’re my favorite!” she said squishing me into a hug. “What about you? Don’t you have a date with Matty?” she asked as I remembered. I ran to my room quickly. “Aren’t you glad I woke you up from your cat nap?” she asked out loud.

“Yes mom.” I said looking through my closet. My boyfriend Matty had called me yesterday to tell me he’s back in the city and wanted to see me. We’ve been together since 7th grade. 10th grade was when we knew we were in love. I threw some clothes on the floor behind me. I got my dark blue tight skinny jeans and tossed it on the bed.

“I’m leaving now. Don’t forget to lock up when you leave. I love you pretty girl,” My mother said as she hugged me and kissed the side of my head.

“Love you too mom,” I said as she left and I went back to looking. I got my plaid turquoise shirt and a gray tank top. I grab my cell and went into my bathroom stripping my black boyshorts off as I put the pin code into my phone. I had a text from Kenzie.

Kenzie: Hey little bitch, wanna chill tonight?

Me: Can’t. Matty, is taking me out.

Kenzie: He’s back?

Me: Yeah.

Kenzie: Fine. We hang out tomorrow.

Me: :]

I went to my music on my phone and hooked it up to my iHome. ‘Broken Hearted by Karmin’ was playing. I was dancing to it was I took off the rest of my clothes. “Can we finish what started, don’t you leave me broken hearted tonight,” I said as I danced over to the shower. It was a bit cold, but it got warm.

I finished up in the shower and I grabbed my Angry Birds towel and wrapped it around my body. Then I got my red towel and dried my hair with it and then wrapped it up. I walked over to the sink and wiped the glass so I could see my reflection. I wasn’t bad on the eye I guess. My boobs weren’t that big like nor were they flat chested. I was skinny due to my dancing and the gym. I looked in the mirror some more to looking at my complexion. I have bright blue eyes that were my only best features. My pink lips were plump and I’d have to say I don’t have the best smile like Megan Fox.

I didn’t care. I liked how I look. You could see the roots of my hair making it look like I had blonde tips or something. I smiled at my reflection and laughed as I made my way out of the bathroom rapping an Eminem song. I tossed my towel on the bed and went through my bra and underwear drawer.

I picked out matching blue bra and boy shorts. Then walked into the bathroom as I could hear it buzzing on the dock and slid the arrow to answer it. “Hey Bear-bear,” I said as I was applying lotion all over my body.

“Hey,” He said and I at that moment I felt like something was off as I looked up at my phone as if it was him. The tone in his voice sounded distant.

“What’s up?” I asked trying to play it cool.

“Change of plans. We’re gonna hang out with the group. I missed them and they really wanna hang with them.” He said as I pretended it was okay.

“Oh sure, what are we all gonna be doing?” I asked putting on my undergarments and taking my phone off the dock and placing it between my shoulder and ear.

“We’re all gonna go bowling and then movies afterwards,” he said and answered him with an okay. We both said good bye to each other and I tossed my phone on the bed. I went back into my closet and looked for another top. I found what I wanted and it was a loose cute peachy floral top. I started putting on my outfit and then my phone rang ‘Meatball Problem’ in Snookie’s voice. It was my cousin Bree. I grabbed my phone after jumping up and down to put on my dark blue skinny jeans. I slid the gray arrow bar across the screen and put my pin in.

Bree: You busy this Saturday?

Me: Not that I know of. Why?

I put my grey top on and it barely covered my stomach. It left just under my navel showing and then I just slipped on the other top and it covered it up. I slipped my phone with its ‘Mustache Hello Kitty’ cover into my pocket. I ran into my bathroom since I still need to fix my hair. I decided on straightening it and then sweeping my bangs to the side. I just settled on putting on my pink lipstick. I took my phone out as it buzzed.

Bree: We’ll I’m going to this concert, but my friend bailed and I got left with an extra ticket. So, you wanna go?

Me: Okay. Yeah.

So, I was now busy on Saturday. I slipped my feet into socks and slipped on my black high top Converse. I grabbed my purse and tossed my phone and pink lipstick into my purse. Just on time, I heard knocking on my door. I ran and then walked once I got close to the door and opened it. Standing in my door frame was Matty. I smiled at him and jumped into his arms and kissed him.

“Hey there sexy,” he said as we broke apart. “You ready to go?”

“Yeah,” I said fishing for my keys in my purse. Once I found them we were out the door as I locked up.

We made our way to the elevator and the ride down felt uncomfortable. He didn’t say anything to me. Not even a word. I did call him while he went to dance camp, but he never answered so I thought he was busy. I was about to ask him what was wrong when the door slid open.

“Jayy-Pierce!!” I heard the recognizable nickname. In front of me grinning was one of my best friends, Adam Sevani. Yes, Adam Sevani from the Movies ‘Step Up’. I ran to him for a hug and he engulfed me into a bear hug and swung me around.

“Ayy-Sevani!!” I said smiling as he set me down. “I missed you, bro!” I said looking up at him as he held me arms length.

“We Skyped not so long ago,” he said as I gave him a look. “I know! Still missed you anyways,” he told me as he ruffled my hair as it made me laugh. “Let me see if you still got swag?”

I stared dancing and he eventually joined in, but Matty broke it up. “Okay, come on we gotta meet up with the group.” He said grabbing my hand.

“Man, you’re such a party pooper.” Adam said as I started laughing.

“Shut up, dude,” Matty said a bit moody as I looked back at Adam crossing his arms. I mouthed sorry to him and he blew me a kiss making me smile. Adam as you all know is a great dancer and we dance together and so does Matty, but lately he’s been distant.

We got outside toward the parking lot and I saw our group of friends. “Risa!” I yelled as she jogged up towards me.

“Hey Jedi!” I heard her call me. Yeah, I’m a Star Wars geek. Soak it in. “Matty, got you on lock down again?” She said jokingly and she pointed a thumb at him. It made him clench my hand a bit tighter as he rolled his eyes. I shook my head at her as she got the hint to leave it alone. She hugged me and then went to talk to Adam.

“We’re meeting everyone at the Bowling Alley,” Matty said as I nodded. “You and Demi ride together and Adam will ride with me,” he ordered as I nodded. I saw the two roll their eyes at me and I flipped them off as they blew kisses at me.

“See what his deal is?” I said to Adam.

“And then what?” He asked.

“No fighting. I’ll deal with it.” I told him.

“No promises.”

“Adam..”

“Fine, you’re lucky I love you,” he said kissing my cheek in a friendly way.

“I know,” I said smiling as I grabbed Demi’s hand and dragged her to my car. It was a black 1963 Mercury Comet.

“I still can’t tell you how much I’m in love with your car.” Demi said petting my car.

“Yes, I know. I love my Monkey George too.” I told her. I named my car Monkey, because well it just stuck. I loved ‘Curious George’ when I was younger. We got in and I let Demi drive. We followed behind the boys.

“You know I don’t get why you stick with Matty?” Demi said out of no where. I looked at her confused.

“Why wouldn’t I? I love him,” I said as she continued to drive and look straight.

“Well, he’s an ass. You can barely be yourself around him. You can’t even hang out with Adam without him chaperoning you.” Demi said trying to make a point.

“Look, if you’re trying to say you don’t like him then get straight to the point. Either way I’m not dating him to please anyone.” I said annoyed staring out the windshield as I crossed my arms.

“Whatever, I’m just saying you’re not really yourself. I barely see you anymore or hang out. We only have a good time when he’s out with his family vacationing. He never bothers to bring you along.” She said as I stayed silent not wanting to talk anymore. “Look, I’m sorry that I worry about you.”

“I know, but it’s true. He is a jerk. We barely talked at all this summer. I’m just not feeling it anymore and it’s like we’re drifting apart.” I said telling her about how Matty feels too distant all of a sudden. “I feel like I’m falling out of love or he is. I just don’t know because this whole summer I had a great time with you, Adam, and Kenzie while he was away. I didn’t miss him at all and I felt freer that I was able to be myself in such a long time. Always doing what he expects from me.” I said as I wiped a tear from cheek. I didn’t even notice I started crying.

“Awe, don’t cry my Jedi bear. Whatever you need Adam and I will always be here for you. That’s what long term friends are for. I love you, okay. You’ll get through this. If things don’t work out then they don’t work out. If he’s willing to help build the love back up again then its worth staying, but let it be one sided. Do what makes you happy.” She said to me as I smiled and wiped my tears away.

“I’m so glad I met you and Adam.” I said remembering back to the time how I became friends with them.

Adam and I were in the same dance class that out parents signed us up for. His curly hair was what caught my attention. I liked curly hair and I just wanted to touch it. Every time I came into class I stare at his hair. Just really wanting to touch it, but I held my urges back. Until one day we were assigned to pick out our partners. Adam came up to me and asked me to be his partner as he looked down blushing.

He told me he noticed me always staring at him. He wasn’t bad looking and he was cute. Then I finally asked if I could touch his hair. He told only on one condition and it was that I stick to being his dance partner and best friend. I agreed to the terms and got to touch his hair. Since then we’ve been best friends and still dance buddies.

When I first met Demi was when she was new to school. Adam and I were in the second grade, but in different classes. So, we didn’t see each other until recess. Second grade for me sucked, because I always went home crying to my mom and dad. The girls in the class always teased me. They made fun of my height and my hair. They always say “don’t talk to the orange, because oranges don’t talk,” and I just wished Adam was in the class with me. Demi came up to me in class and patted my back as I cried and told me she liked my hair. The next day she told the girls to leave me alone or else she’ll put a cricket in their lunch boxes.

I started laughing out of nowhere. “What?” she said.

“I was remembering when you told my bullies in the second grade that you would put crickets in their lunch boxes.” I said as she laughed too.

“Well, I don’t want anyone messing with my bestie!” She said leaning over to give me a quick hug. “And in high school they still thought they were bad ass.”

“Not until the last day of senior year when the football team dumped that green Gatorade on them.” I said as we laughed remembering their faces.

“That’s what happens with you mess with the Jedi.” Demi said laughing at her comment. I was never a label in school or maybe the three us were, but I hung out with many clichés. I made lot of friends and wasn’t that sad kid getting picked on I was friendly and invited to parties all the time.

Demi parked the car and we both got out. “Keys,” I said as she tossed the keys over the hood and I caught them and placed it into my bag. We walked up to the boys who were getting out the car and heard Adam slam the car. He looked pissed. I walked up to him and got a hold of his arm. “Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked.

“Your boyfriends a dick,” he said as he shook his arm out my hold.

“What’d he do?”

“I don’t know, go ask him.” Adam said walking off.

“Adam!” I yelled.

“I’ll talk to him and you find out what happened from Matty.” Demi said as I nodded and ran after him.

“Matty!” I yelled as he came out of the car.

“What?” He said.

“What’d you do to Adam?!” I said pissed.

“Why do you assume I did it? Why do you never think he did it?” He said yelling a bit.

“This the first time he’s ever gotten mad you, what are you talking about,” I said confused about what he is saying.

“You act happier to see him than you do when you see me,” he said leaning on his car.

“Well, maybe because my boyfriend only answered my calls only twice this summer.” I said as I crossed my arms.

“I was at camp, Lola.” He said. “I’m sorry,” He said placing his hands on my waist and pulling me close to him. He was about to kiss me, but I turned my head so he kissed my cheek instead. He pushed me away a bit violently. “You know what. I met a girl at camp and things happened.” He blurted out.

“Oh, great for you Matty, because I met someone too while you were gone.” I said to piss him off as well when deep down I felt broken.

“Great, I hope you still have his number, because I hate for you to be lonely.” He said glaring at me.

“Yeah, I still got it. I’ll just go and call him to pick me up right now.” I said walking away. He grabbed my wrist tightly and pushed me against the car. “Matty, you’re hurting me,” I said as I felt scared. He let go quickly and leaned his head on my shoulder.

“Are you saying we’re over?” He said quietly and those words made my heart sink. “I still love you, Lola.”

“Matty,” was all I said. I couldn’t bring myself to say it back. Right then and there I knew what I felt and it was that I didn’t love him anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay! I hope you guys liked this chapter. It took me forever to finish it. I'm taking a break from my Jersey story for a bit. I've been wanting to write something different for awhile now. I will still write the Jersey story, but I wanna do this one for now. Well thanks for reading my lovely's.

Outfit:

Jade's PJ's
Out With Friends

xoxo,

Aria Beatrice