Status: yay, New Story. Comment please.

I'll See You Around

Ch. 6: Knowing Each Other

It has been officially 2 and half weeks since Max and I had been staying under one roof. I’d have to say that the place was pretty big for only two people. It was two stories with 4 rooms and I had the one next to his. I made my way down the stairs with my hair in a messy bun while I wore my Wonder woman sweatshirt, crafted in a grey marl jersey with a ribbed scoop neckline, retro comic print to the front. I pulled down my black short-shorts, because it looked like I was in my underwear again.

My bare feet walked across the smooth light brown wooden floors into the kitchen. I decided on the kind gesture on making breakfast for me and Max since he’s done it many times for me. Such a sweet guy. No wonder Kenzie wanted to have se-

I heard the clicking of heels going down the stairs case as I turned the electronic stove on. That is either Max deciding to cross dress or Kenzie snuck in again. I turned to look at the stairs and you could say I was wrong. There was a girl not much older than I am walking down fixing her sweater and then her hair. Max then walked out of his room shirtless and followed after her. Awkward.

I just minded my own business and got to making breakfast because I was hungry. “Who are you?” She suddenly asked me as I jumped almost dropping the egg carton.

“I’m Max’s roommate Lola,” I told her as I extended my hand out for her to shake. She looked at my hand and then up at me as if she didn’t understand the kind gesture.

“I’m dating Max, please keep your paws off him,” She said as she whipped around and headed for the door.

“But I have hands…” I said softly as I looked to my hands. Max walked her to the door and kissed her goodbye. “Do these look like paws?” I asked showing my hands to Max suddenly as he walked over to the fridge.

He looked at me and laughed. “No, why?”

“She told me to keep my paws off of you and I have no intentions of touching you with any paws,” I told him and he laughed more. “Max it’s not funny, I think I offended her in someway.”

“That’s how Ali is at times. She’s a bit possessive because of the last girl who was my roommate.” He said as I gave him an ‘oh’. So, she was just marking her territory. Eh, it’s not like I have any interest in him. I barely got out of a relationship and I’m not looking forward to jump into a new one. “You hungry?” He asked as he was about to take over the stove.

“No, you go sit and watch or do what guys do,” I said maneuvering him away from the kitchen. “It’s my turn to cook.” I made him sit on the couch and walked back into the kitchen. I sprayed the pan with oil and set it on top of the heated stove. I’ve cooked plenty of times before. My mom insisted on me taking culinary classes in high school and it is the best idea she had and putting me into dance. I cracked an egg over the pan and then another. “How do like your eggs?” I asked watching the two eggs turn white.

“Scrambled.”

I opened the drawer for the spatula and broke the yoke in the pan. I started to make the scramble eggs as I could hear him play a game. He’s such a guy. I got plates out of the cabinet and just started to set up breakfast for the two of us.

20 minutes later I started setting everything up on the table. I made scrambled eggs for the both of us with bacon, pancakes, and cut up fruits. I adjusted the cups filled with orange juice on the table and sat. “Max!” I called and he jumped over the couch and sat at the table.

“It looks delicious.” He said putting a piece of fruit in his mouth.

“Thanks,” I said as I forgot that the boy was still shirtless. I don’t mean to stare, but the guy has some perky nipples.

“I could put a shirt on if you feel uncomfortable.” He said as I shook my head quickly and also to stop myself from staring.

“No, no, it’s fine. If we’re gonna be living together I might as well get comfortable with you walking shirtless.”

“And with you walking around in sweaters and short-shorts,” he mentioned as I blushed.

“Well I’m use to wearing just boy shorts and sweaters around the apartment at my moms,” I said as he nodded.

“See we got a lot of getting used too,” He said as I nodded. Rooming with Max wasn’t so bad at all. We were pretty open and we didn’t bother each other yet, I guess. “Are you working today?”

“Nope, why?” I asked putting a piece of my pancake in my mouth.

“I wanted to know since we’ve been busy getting you settled and both of us just busy in general that you’d want to hang out today? Just us, so we know each other better.” He said as I thought about it as I took a bite out of my bacon.

“Yeah, it’d be fun,” I told him and he smiled.

“Cool, I have a spot I want to show you later on,” He said as we finished up eating. He took both of our plates and put it in the sink and started to wash dishes. “But for now 20 questions.” I opened the dish washer and began to put the stuff in there away.

“Favorite color?” I started.

“Purple,” He said as I smiled. I love that color along with blue and green. “You?”

“Purple, blue, and green.”

“Nice, favorite song?”

“It’s between Eyes Open by Taylor Swift and How to Break a Heart by Marina and Diamonds,” I answered as I had to think about it. He started put the dishes into the dish rack.

“It Will Rain by Bruno Mars,” He said. We must really like some sad songs.

“That’s a good song. It’s sad,” I told him as he nodded and put the last dish away.

“I sang a cover of it,” He told me as I looked at him surprised. Really now. I followed him to the couch in the living room. “And you didn’t know that, huh?”

“Nope,” I shook my head as he laughed. We sat facing each other with our legs crossed.

“You got a lot that you don’t know.” He said.

“Isn’t that why were playing this game?” I asked.

“True. Favorite movie genre?”

“Comedy, action, and horror.” I said as he raised a brow at me. “What?”

“It’s just Ali likes the chick flicks and romance stuff,” He said.

“Well, I’m not her. I love watching zombie movies even though I get scared after.” I told him as he laughed.

“I know, it’s just her and her friends are into it.”

“Well you don’t have to worry about that with me.” He nodded.

“If you don’t mind me asking, but how long have you guys been together?” I asked getting comfortable as I laid back with my head resting on the arm of the couch still looking at him.

“Well, we’ve been kind of off and on,” He answered as I absent mindedly rested my legs on his lap. “What about your man that Kenzie informed me about?” Note to self, beat Kenzie with her own foot.

“Officially over. There was no more chemistry between us.” I said as he nodded and decided not to dwell on the subject anymore.

“You wanna go swimming?” He asked as his hands were rested on my legs. “The best part about living in a pent house is that it comes with a pool.” He said.

“Yeah,” I said as Matty slipped out of my mind before he even started to linger. We got up to get ready and changed. Today was really going to be fun.

I put on an orange bikini top with a intricate black braid on the straps and a black bottom with an orange trimming around the waist. I also pulled out my old inflatable duck floaties for my arms. Aw yeah bombing.

I walked over to our swimming pool area but Max wasn’t there yet. So I waited for him until he showed up. I started to flap my arms like a bird while I waited. What I wasn’t expecting was-

“Boo!” I heard Max shout from behind me.

I clutched my chest turning to face him, “You scared me, Kermit, and Mr. Marbles.”

“Who?”

Smiling I flapped my right arm, “Max, meet Mr. Marbles.” Then I flapped my left arm, “And Kermit.”

“Uh,” He started as he stared at my arms a bit wide-eyed. “Hi?” He looks at me reluctant. “Uh, you have floaties?”

“Yeah,” I smiled. “I never learned to swim. And I almost had a drowning accident when I was twelve. My dad tossed me right into the ocean. Thought I was a fish.”

Max looked at me like I was insane, “Seriously?”

I laugh, “Nah, I’m just fucking with ya.” I took my floaties off and tossed them aside.

I watch Max roll his eyes at me. Then by surprise he grabbed me by my waist and jumped into the pool with me.

“Max!” I shouted as I splashed about. “Max I lied! I can’t swim!” I splashed my arms in a panic as I tried to keep my head afloat. Max popped up next to me looking terrified. “Max!” I tried to splash my way to the edge. “Kermit! Mr. Marbl-“ I gurgled as I went under. As I went under, I could feel Max wrapping his arms around me to carry me up top.

When I could breathe, I huffed, “I’m just kidding! I can swim!” I swam away from him to prove my point.

“God!” Max growls splashing water in my direction. “This sucks not knowing anything about your roommate!”

“That’s what makes it so much more fun!” I laugh as I splashed him back.

“Do you always prank your roommates?” Max asks me.

“No,” I replied. “Well I did put fake poop on my mom’s bed and I threw a fake mouse toy at her.”

We were swimming around each other in a circle. “Now, I’ll just have to get you back,” He said swimming closer. This was weird, because didn’t he have a girl friend. Damn you hormones for not letting me move.

Before I knew it Max was getting closer and stopped a foot away from me. He ran his hands through his hair and it slicked back. “You’re not like most girls I meet.” He said.

“Is that good or bad?”

“Both to be honest,” he said as it seemed like he was hiding something. “One moment you’re serious and the next you’re the most hilarious person I’ve met.”

“Well there is a lot you need to find out.” I said as I floated pass him on my back. “My favorite food is Chicken Alfredo.” I mentioned as I relaxed in the pool.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really do like Chicken Alfredo and I'm really craving it.
Olive Garden sounds good right?

What you guys think?

I'm working on a Teen Wolf Story :] :O

xoxo,

Aria Beatrice