Status: yay, New Story. Comment please.

I'll See You Around

Ch. 7: Haven’t Had Enough

Max made plans for us after we finished up swimming. We still haven’t had enough of hanging with each other. Max, was nice enough to invite me to a friends party that is happening later on tonight. I wanted to say no because I wanted to respect Ali and not show up with her boyfriend. But he insisted and told me that if I didn’t go he wouldn’t. It was a lose-lose situation.

I started to slip on my dark blue skinny jeans, the ones that hug your legs. I had toned legs that weren’t to skinny, but average looking. I was getting ready now because Max was taking me to the movies. It wasn’t in the way you think it was just two friends going to the movies and showing up at a party together later on. I’m not nervous at all.

“Lola you ready?” Max asks as he knocked on the door. I slipped on my other shoe and stood to open the door. “You look great,” he said checking me out. I looked at his out fit too and he looked handsome. He had black skinny jeans and a grey plaid shirt on. In a way it seemed like we were matching. I had a tilt knit tank. With an owl artwork printed on the chest with rivet accents, lace panel down center of the back, and lace bottom hem.

“Not so bad yourself, Schneider,” I smiled at him and grabbed my bag. We made our way to the living room and out the door.

The two of us waited in line to get a movie ticket. We were debating on whether to watch ‘House at the End of the Street’ or ‘The Perks of being a Wallflower’. We both adore Emma Watson.

“You pick,” Max told me as he looked at me.

“If I watch something scary I won’t be able to sleep,” I said mostly to myself.

“Two tickets for ‘The Perks of being a Wall Flower’,” Max said to the lady behind the glass.

“You have such a sweet boyfriend,” the lady behind me commented. Before I could tell her we weren’t an item, Max dragged me away. We stopped at the guy taking the tickets so Max could give it to him.

“Popcorn?”

“Yeah, we’ll share,” he said as I nodded to stand in line as he waited with me. “So, you don’t like scary movies?”

“No, no, I love scary movies,” I started as we moved a bit in the line. “It’s just after my ex would spend the night to cuddle with me so I could have a good night’s sleep.”

“It’s a bad memory?” Max asks as it was clear that he wasn’t getting the point.

“No, my friends would come over too,” I said hoping he’d understand a bit. “It’s just I don’t like being alone when I watch something scary and when there is thunder.”

We moved forward to the front of the line. “What can I get you?”

“One large popcorn and two medium drinks,” I told the cashier. “Root Beer and…”

“Coke, please,” Max told the lady. She nodded and pressed some buttons on the screen.

“$11.67, please,” she asked as I handed her a $20 and she gave my change back.

“You like scary movies, but you scare easily?” I nodded my head as he smiled about the new fact he just learned. “You’re scared of thunder?”

“Yeah and bugs,” I said shivering.

“Well, I’ll keep you safe,” he said as I smiled at him. Max is just too nice. I’m surprised I never heard of him before. I bet he’s done great things.

“Thanks,” I told him as the lady came back with the things. Max took his drink and the popcorn while I got my drink. “You know you’re really nice to me.”

He has been nice to me since I saw him for the first time at that concert. “Well you’re very nice too, Lola.”

“I forgot your name, remember?” I said thinking back when we saw each other again.

“Yeah, but you saved me in a way,” he said as I looked at him confused. Saved him? From what? We walked into our movie and took the seats high up to get a better view of the screen.

“How?”

“You just did. Trust me,” he said while nodding. I already found myself trusting him since the beginning. It was silent between us, but not an awkward silence.

“Emma Watson huh?”

“Yeah, she’s a great actress,” Max started. “I love her acting in Harry Potter,” I nodded smiling as I agreed.

“Yeah, she’s my girl crush,” I told him as he laughed. Girls can have crushes, but there are certain levels. You gotta see Jenna Marbles to understand. Kenzie really got me into her Youtube videos like she did with Jenny Ho.

“You know you’re unusual,” Max told me.

“Yeah, but that’s who I am,” I started as I turned to face him, “You just have to learn to live with it.”

“That’s fine with me. The better I get to know you,” he said while he stared at me smiling. It was weird for a moment. I don’t know if I should call it weird, but I thought I felt a little connection between us.

The movie was great. We were laughing and awing at certain parts of the movie. It was cute and I love Emma’s character and her little dancing. Couple of times during the movies mine and Max’s hand grazed each other a lot. I thought I caught him in the corner of my eye gazing at me while I laughed during a scene. It was totally my imagination playing tricks on me. Stupid imagination.

“Great movie, huh?” Max asks me while we were walking back to his car.

“Yeah, I like the dancing part. Logan Lerman was really cute,” I said as he laughed.

“Emma Watson was cuter,” He said as I laughed while we got into the car. “Ready for the party?”

“Yes and no,” I said a bit nervous that his friends and girl friend wouldn’t like me.

“Don’t worry I’m sure Noah and Nick will like you,” He said backing out the parking lot. “I told them about you being my roommate and stuff.”

“Oh,” I didn’t know what to say. Max never really told me about his friends, but it’s nice they kind of know about me a little. I think.

We were at a two story house. The lights were on and I could hear music playing. My palms grew a little sweaty as it was clear to me how nervous I was getting. I wiped my hands on my jeans and got out. I stared at the house while Max placed his hand on the lower part of my back to urge me to go in. I looked to him as he smiled and then I smiled while we walked to the front door.

He knocked a couple times and door opened. “Max! Hey,” a guy taller than me answered. “Oh and who is this pretty lady,” He said looking at me. I looked to Max and he looked a little annoyed.

“I’m Lola,” I said extending my hand out to him and he shook it.

“Oh you’re that Lola. Max told me quite a lot about you,” The guy said. “I’m Noah,” He let the two of us in. I could hear the music playing loudly out in the back. “Hope you brought something to swim in.”

“No, she didn’t,” Max said as he walked closer to me, but Noah walked between us and placed his arms around our shoulders.

“That sucks,” Noah said leading us out back. “So, Lola, what made you want to live with Max?” He asked turning his head towards me.

“To be honest he wanted me too,” I started while I brushed my bangs to the side, “I needed to find a place and he was looking for a new roommate.”

“And now we live together,” Max finished as he smiled at me.

“That’s cool. Maybe we can hang out some time,” Noah said as I nodded. I smiled at the fact that one of Max’s friend wanted to hang out with me.

“Max baby!!” the girl I remember from this morning called. I think her name was Alex. I’m so bad with names.

“Ali,” Max said surprised as if he forgot he was going to see her here. She jumped into his arms and wrapped her legs around his thighs.

“Jeez, get a room,” Noah said leading me away to a group. “I swear I don’t get what he sees in her.” Noah draped his arm around my shoulders as we stood with his little group. “Lady’s and gents, this is Max’s little roommate Lola,” he said introducing me.

I waved meekly at them. “Hey, Lola,” a girl only a few inches taller said. She was pretty, tan, and a bit intimidating. “I’m Lulu.”

“Lola, Lulu, your names almost sound the same,” a much taller guy said.

“High five I was thinking the same thing,” Noah said high fiving the guy.

“Chris,” He said extending his hand for me to shake. I kindly shook it while Noah removed his arm off my shoulder.

“I’m Cymphonique, that’s Nick and Beau,” The girl with long wavy black hair said as she smiled.

“Are you guys being nice to my roommate?” Max said appearing at my side and placing his arm around my shoulder while Alex clung to him on the other side. How uncomfortable am I right now.

“Of course,” Noah said making a hurt face and it made me laugh.

“You remember Ali, right?” Max said as I looked to his other side while I waved nicely. It’s Ali!

“Hi,” I said while she waved and averted her eyes from me. It seemed a bit awkward with group while Ali was there. “Noah, I’ll take you up on that offer on swimming.”

“Oh yeah!” Noah said raising his hand for a high five and I gave him one. I like them and I wanted to know them much better. Max was friends with mines and it’s fair that I could make friends with his.

Noah, Chris, and Lulu led me away from the small group. “That was weird.” Lulu said as I smiled at her.

“Yeah, it was. I’ve never seen Ali act like that,” Chris said while we walked back into the house.

“I have. She gets like that when she feels someone is hitting on Max,” Lulu told the other two.

“Wait, I don’t even like him like that,” I said finally butting in.

“Exactly!” Lulu said. “That’s why she and I don’t click.”

“Wife beater and basketball shorts, okay with you little red?” Noah asks when we reached his room.

“Yeah,” I told him while we gather in his room. “I thought if I was nice to her, she’d like me.”

“Probably, but your living with her boyfriend,” Lulu told me as I got curious as to why they didn’t live together.

“Why aren’t they living together?” I ask while Chris handed me the clothes.

“They’re on and off,” Chris answered. I nodded and went in the bathroom that Noah walked me to so I could change.

I walked out of the bathroom holding my clothes. “Where can I put these?” I ask standing in front of the three.

“You can leave it on the counter,” Noah pointed.

“Let’s go swimming!” Chris said while he and Noah did a hand shake. Lulu and I followed behind the two.

“So what do you guys do? Max didn’t tell me much about you guys,” I said just to get to know them.

“Well we act and sing on the show with Max,” Noah said.

I didn’t know what he was talking about so I nodded. “I don’t think she knows,” Lulu says looking at me.

“You mean to tell me you never seen How To Rock?” Chris said stopping to turn to me while walked outside. I shook my head innocently. “Are you serious?”

“Yes,” I said meekly. I saw Max coming over to us without Ali. He was smiling half heartily at me. I did something wrong.

“Lola, here says she’s never seen How To Rock,” Chris said to Max surprised. He just laughed I sighed in relief that he was okay. He’ll tell me later. I hope.

“It’s true. She didn’t even know who I was at the last tour concert,” Max said as I smiled at the memory.

“It’s true. My cousin took me and I never heard of him before,” I started getting comfortable a bit now that he was there. “She made me wear a hoodie over this One Direction shirt I had on that Kenzie got me.”

“Wait, who wears another band shirt to another concert?” Noah asks as Lulu and I started laughing.

“That’s what my cousin asked,” I said while we laughed.

“I like her Max you gotta bring her around more often,” Lulu said patting him on the shoulder. I turned to hug her and she surprisingly hugged me back. “See she’s a sweet heart too.”

“You guys are so kind. I thought for sure you guys wouldn’t like me,” I said admitting to my thoughts.

“Psssh, that’s crazy talk,” Chris said.

“Let’s swim!” Noah yelled as he picked me up and ran to the pool and jumped in. I screamed in delight at the fun I was having with Max’s friend.

The rest of the night went pretty well. Swimming with the boys as Max calls his buddies Noah, Chris, Nick, and Beau. I found out a lot about them. I think I even got Ali to crack a little smile at me when I started talking about dancing. She was a dancer as well, but something different like contemporary dancing. We decided on teaching each other something new one day.

Through the whole night I had fun. Max had great friends. He liked mines and I liked his. Now all he has to do is meet the one person he hasn't met yet. Demi.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter :] So I'm going back and forth
on writing chapter for my teen wolf story Men in this Town.
I'll write one for this and then write one for the other
just to balance on what I need to update and stuff.
So yeah, I hope you enjoy this chapters.

peace.

xoxo,
Aria Beatrice