Status: progress

Past Praying

Stay Awake

The heat didn't seem to bother Carla at all when she casually made her way into Sierra's house, informing her that they were headed to the beach and she was coming, even if she had to drag her there. Eventually, Sierra gave in to her best friends relentless pleading and left the comfort of her air conditioned house into the blistering heat. It was one of those stifling days where you felt like the earth could open up and swallow you and you'd be more comfortable. It took all but a few minutes to walk down to the beach from Sierra's house, one of the many things she loved about where she lived. Close to the city, but not to close Baltimore had it's own little charm.
Laying out her beach towel she sprawled herself out into the sun and slipped on her sunglasses. She decided to tan, not much in the mood for swimming with the already increasing crowd of beach goers. Retrieving her well worn out copy of Water For Elephants from her bag she flipped open to the first chapter and began reading the book again.
Sierra awoke with a start, she hadn't noticed she had fallen asleep. Something had hit her head and as she turned to look she saw the neon plastic Frisbee. This was how she met Micheal, and at the time she was praising Carla in her head for pulling her out into the sunny day. He had come for his Frisbee, but the moment he saw Sierra, his intentions clearly changed.
"I'm sorry about that, game got a little out of hand... but hey, I'm Micheal." He stuck his hand out and she shook it, feeling sparks run up through her fingers. She was dazed, partly from sleep and partly from this man in front of her. "Sierra." She decided to play it cool, but by the end of the conversation she was melting in his hand. She had given him her number that day, and that night he had called her. They went on there first date, and then she was hooked.
Micheal wasn't always the man he was now, and maybe it was the drugs that had changed him to an unrecognizable volatile shell of a person. She remembered the first time he hit her. They had gotten into there first real fight, and he had slapped her. She should have left then, but she didn't. As days dragged into months, they fought more and more and the slaps became full blown beatings. Still, she didn't leave him. Maybe it was fear, maybe it was love or the lethal combination of the two. But that dangerous cocktail was nothing like the drugs he had pumped through her body. Maybe it wasn't the drugs that changed Michael, maybe he was always this cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
lil bit bout sierra and Michael i guess.
thanks to
DreamerToBe