What Makes You Beautiful

what makes you beautiful. the end.

I couldn’t help but smile anytime I looked down and seen that ring on my hand. I was so happy. It was a little hard to believe that my first visit back home would have a ring on my finger.

I was finishing up my last shift before I would be heading back to Cole Harbour for almost two weeks. I was excited to see my dad and brother, I did see them in June but it wasn’t the same. It was still weird not living in his house.

Sidney and Josie were off with the twins once I got home and James was out. I got my suitcases out on the bedroom floor and started to pack. I was really into packing since, I didn’t even hear James come into the room.

“How’s the packing” James said while also touching my shoulder, which lead to me quickly turning around and slapping his hand. “Ow”
“That’s your own fault. You know better than to do that.” I said, turning back around and focusing on packing. “Packing is going fine, by the way.”
“I know. I though you heard me.” He said.
“I wasn’t paying attention. Sorry babe.” I said.

He started kissing my neck. I brushed him off.
“Babe, not now.” I said. He took my hand and pulled me up wrapping his arms around my waist.
“Packing can wait. I missed my girl all day.” James said. “You’ve been working so much since we got back.”
“I know, so we can leave again.” I told him.
“You don’t need to bring much with you anyway.” He said as I tried to wiggly my way out of his grip.
“James, we need to pack. We leave tomorrow” I said.
“But we leave in the afternoon.” He said. I couldn’t fight any longer, I wanted this too.

Clothes went everywhere. He always knew how to please me. Practicing for our own kids, is going to be fun.

The next morning was a crazy morning, getting everything packed then traveling with not one but two babies. After a long day, we were all finally in our second home. I was back in Cole Harbour, I was back with my fiancé. Josie was back as a mother. Sidney was back as a father as well as a second Stanley Cup champion. James was back in the place where he fell in love with a girl, who though she would never find real love.

Sidney and Josie went to his parents house for the night instead of his. His parents wanted to spend as much time as they can with their grand babies. James and I headed to my dad’s place. I was excited to see him and my brother.

Since we got in the evening, James and I just had a quiet night at house. We ate with my dad and brother, I got to show off my ring. My brother gave him the talk, that was more comical then serious. I loved how my brother and father just clicked with James. This as the first time they got along so quickly with a boyfriend and now my fiancé.

The next morning, James and I decided to do some site seeing and then met up with a few of my old friends. I loved showing him off, I was finally happy. It took a long time to get to this point. My friends all adored James, which was great that I finally had someone that everyone could get along with.

We spend the evening at the Crosby house hold. Trina was like a second mother as well as Troy being a second father. We knew that Sidney approved so it was nice to know that his parents felt the same way.

“When will I be coming to visit you and your babies” Trina asked as I was holding Brianna. I laughed.
“I think we all have our hands full for a while.” I said.
“First and Second overall in 2030, wouldn’t that be nice.” Troy said.
“We wouldn’t wanna steal the spotlight from Blake.” James said.
“When the time is right, everything will fall into place.” Trina said. “Have you two set a date yet.”
“Not yet.” I said.
“Maybe after this trip is over and things settle back down.” James said.

The trip home went over very well. We got to help celebrate Sidney’s day with the cup. Once again the city came together to celebrate. Everyone was so proud of him and the young children loved having the Stanley Cup back in town. It was even nice of James to be there so the fans could see another favorite penguin in the area.

I hated saying goodbye to my dad and brother, but my life was now in Pittsburgh. It’s where I was starting my life with James. My family understood, it wasn’t like I’d never see them again. I’d come home again, they would come down to visit.

Coming back to Pittsburgh and getting back in the swing of working and James back into his working out routine. I was excited for the season to begin again.

I got home from work evening, it was a late summer August day. I was smiling as I walked into our bedroom. It had been a year since that weekend in Cole Harbour. The weekend that changed my life forever. I couldn’t wait to spend the night cuddled with James. I walked into our room and seen flowers. I read the card, “Hard to believe it’s been a year since I had the best weekend. I love you. See you tonight. James”

I showered and got ready for the evening. I was in the bathroom when I heard James come in. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close.
“Thanks for the flowers baby.” I said.
“Anything for my girl. A year all ready.” James said.
“Feels like its been forever.” I said.
“I wouldn’t change a thing.” James said.
A year ago, I was being abused emotional and physically. I still couldn’t believe I let that happen to myself. Now I was braver and stronger. I was a nurse like my mother, she was watching over me. I was an aunt to two beautiful babies. I had the best dad and brother in the world. I had the best friends beside me. I had a ring on my finger from the man who I loved more than anything and who proved that most guys weren't the same.

One song changed everything. One person made my life the best it could be.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you everyone for the comments and support.
i was finishing school and hockey, but now summer is here.
this is the final chapter, but don't worry because i will be writing a sequel to this story :)
xoxoxoxox