Status: Complete

It's Either War or Peace

15. You Are the First One of Your Kind

Zoey Cornell's Point of View

“What?” I yelled as Percy pulled my arm.

Mike came up to us. “Percy, stop!”

Percy turned around and glared at Mike. “Don’t you have some satyr thing to attend to?”

Mike looked down. “I didn't wanna do it now.”

“Dude, it’s gonna take years to complete. Go now.”

Mike rolled his eyes and groaned. He looked at me. “I’ll see you in a few years Z.C.” Then he ran off.

Percy grabbed my arm and began dragging me away from the cabin. Where the hell was my best friend going? Why couldn’t I see him until a few years?

“Where’s he going?” I asked.

“Satyr shit,” Percy said.

We weren’t even that far away from the area with the cabins. Percy clicked a pen and out came a celestial bronze sword. He almost sliced the door of a cabin. By the looks of it, I could tell it was the Poseidon Cabin. Thank God I remember Rick Riordan’s descriptions.

“You are a demigod – well goddess. Wait, you’re not necessarily a goddess of anything aren’t you? – and you have been claimed. How did I know?” Percy said to himself.

“Hey, chill out! What do you mean you knew?” I yelled, taking the sword out of his hands. I opened the door of the Poseidon Cabin and threw the sword towards the beds.

“I had a dream and it told me. I saw an owl and a horse. They were fighting together against something. It was big and powerful. Gonna fight against us. It was scary in a weird way,” Percy said, concerned. He had a hand on his chin.

“Are you gonna tell Annabeth?” I asked.

“No. I don’t want her to be even angrier,” Percy said. I nodded, finally understanding their relationship. They were dating. “Now we have to go.” Percy walked away from the door and I followed behind without a good look at my new cabin.

We walked for a short while but it felt like millions of miles. People constantly stared at me. At my old school, no one would pay attention to me, not even the teachers. I had dyslexia and ADHD so I wasn’t what most people called normal. But here at Camp Half-Blood it was like I had a big, blinking, neon sign that said “LOOK AT ME!”

We soon arrived at the Big House with other campers. Lots of them. I quickly noticed a son of Apollo.

“That’s Michael, son of Apollo. Then there is Annabeth, daughter of Athena as you know. Travis and Connor, twin sons of Hermes. Jake, son of Hephaestus. Pollux, son of Dionysus,” Percy whispered to me. He went to go sit down. I stood in the doorway alone.

“Welcome Zoey! Sit down,” Chiron said. I did what I was told.
“Let’s begin. We need to start. We will start by everyone saying their warrior for their cabin. You know the prophecy. There is a demon that needs to be defeated. Let’s start with the Poseidon Cabin. Percy.”

Percy stood up, his smile fading. “The Poseidon Cabin has chosen me and Zoey.” He sat down again.

“Okay, good choice. Apollo Cabin,” Chiron said.

“The Apollo Cabin obviously chose Lee Fletcher and me,” Michael said.

“The cabin did not choose Michael! He chose himself!” a girl with broad shoulders and black hair said while walking in slowly.

“Clarisse,” Percy whispered to me.

“Who is this Barbie doll?” Clarisse asked, looking towards me.

“My sister,” said Annabeth and Percy together.

“Would've thought she was the daughter of Aphrodite. Guess I was wrong,” Clarisse said. She shrugged and moved onto her seat.

I took that as a compliment. Should I have not?

The announcements went on for quite some time. I noticed the cabins mostly chose guys but one cabin, the Zeus Cabin, chose a girl like me. Her hair style was similar to mine. She had dark brown hair with light brown tips. Her eyes were sky blue. Her name you ask? Mollee.

“As you all maybe know we have two special demigods in this room,” Chiron said. “They are the children of not one, but two gods. The first of their kind that’s known of. Children of the Big Three. I know what you are thinking. The oath. But it was already broken.” Chiron looked at Percy who was shifting uncomfortably in his chair.

“Who are the kids?” Michael asked.

Percy and Annabeth looked at me.

“We have Zoey Cornell,” Chiron said. I smiled and waved. “She is surprisingly the daughter of Poseidon and Athena. And we also have Mollee Chaine, daughter of Zeus and Demeter.

I looked over at Mollee. When the names of her parents were said, a devilish smile swept onto her face. Something was odd about that girl.

Chiron continued. “There are four more children born from two gods but none of them have been found yet. But we’ll definitely be able to defeat the demons with Zoey and Mollee.”

“We do know what these demons are right?” I asked. Chiron looked at me and shook his head no. “Then how can we defeat them? We don’t know what they are so therefore, we don’t know how to stop them.”

“Well then why don’t you go figure that out? The population is high there,” Chiron said.

“Where is there?” I asked.

“Chicago. By your home,” Percy said.

“But I don’t wanna go back!” I cried. “I just want this nightmare to be over!” I stormed out of there as fast as I could without looking back.

Exactly like they do in the movies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credits: "Original of the Species" by U2

Hello! ^_^ Recommend, comment, subscribe, and all that good stuff!
-Carii