Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 124.

Kellin’s eyes grew wide, he gulped his champagne.
“Adoption?” He said. I bit my lip, nodding. I felt my cheeks burning. He sighed.
“Jess, I.. I just.. I always imagined us having kids of our own. I wanted that.. with you. I wanted us to share that.. and I just don’t know if it would be the same.”
That was a no. My cheeks burned even more.
“So, no..” I said. He moved closer to me, gently kissing my lips.
“I’m fine with not having kids, Jess.” He said. “I just.. I wanted a baby with you. It would be something special.. with just us, and it’d be our family. That’s what I wanted.” I nodded.
“I get it.” I said quietly. But that wasn’t going to happen. I couldn’t have kids. He was hanging onto something that was never going to happen. I looked back up at him, staring into his eyes.
But wasn’t that one of the many reasons why I fell in love with him?
Hope. Kellin always had hope. He believed in the unbelievable. Kellin was a dreamer, and I admired him for that. I gently held his face in my hands, gently kissing him again.
“I’m just glad you’re mine..” I said. He smiled, kissing me back.
“I’ve always been yours, Jess. Don’t you realize that?” I sighed, smiling. I nodded.
“So, what now?” I asked, leaning my forehead against his. He smiled.
“Well, it is our wedding night..”