Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 122.

Everyone was looking at me. There was a white carpet rolled out from where I was standing, all the way down to where the water started. I covered my mouth. Along the white carpet were small candles, lighting up the way. Everyone from the bus were standing along side the white carpet. I froze. My legs forgot how to move.

Jenna smiled, walking over to me. She gently took my hand, walking down the white carpet. Finally, the tears started falling. Kellin was standing at the end, dressed in the same material as my dress. He was smiling at me. Were those tears in his eyes? I couldn’t tell. My vision was blurred by now from my own.

Jenna handed me a small bouquet of flowers; white roses. I looked at up Kellin. He smirked, wiping his eyes. I couldn’t believe it. This was my wedding. He had set this whole thing up. I walked down the isle, finally getting to him. He stared into my eyes, still smiling.
“Hi..” He said softly. He took my hands as Jenna took the bouquet.

“Hi” I said, giggling. I wiped my eyes, careful not to ruin my makeup. “Did you do all of this?” I said. He nodded, beaming.

“This is incredible.” I sighed. He leaned his forehead against mine. I couldn’t help but smile. This was perfect. Everything was perfect. We were getting married. My heart was racing, and I could only imagine what my face looked like at this point.

“You look beautiful.” He said. I bit my lip, trying to keep from crying even more. I smiled, looking down at my feet.

I spent the entire ceremony staring into his eyes. I wanted to pinch myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. And to think I almost changed, and came out in sweats.
“Now, the groom has written his own vows.”

Kellin moved closer to me, gently taking my hand, intertwining our fingers.

“Jess..” He began. I bit my lip, trying to contain my smile. “First, I want to say thank you. Thank you for always being there for me. For helping me with Celine..” He looked over at her. She was there too, sitting next to my mom. Even my mom had come out. I sighed, and looked back at Kellin.

“I want to tell you how much you mean to me. How I can’t go a single day without thinking about you. How whenever something good happens, you’re the first one I want to tell. How you’re the only one who believed in me, even when I didn’t believe in myself. And because of that, without you, I wouldn’t even be here. I love you. I promise to always love you, to care for you when you’re sick, to bring you flowers for no reason, to always kiss you goodnight, to always keep you warm at night, and most importantly, to be the best friend, and husband you’ve ever had.”
I felt the tears pouring. I couldn’t speak. He sighed, smiling at me.

“You don’t have to say anything if you don’t wa-” I stopped him.
“I want to..” I said. I licked my lips, and wiped my eyes again.
“Kellin.. I.. I want to confess that.. I’ve always had a crush on you, even when we were younger. You were my only friend, my best friend. I told you things I’d never tell a soul, and you were always there for me. You showed up one night in the pouring rain, and spent the night with me, and I can honestly say it was one of the best nights of my life. That’s when I knew I wanted to spend my life with you. And then.. I saw you sing on stage, you were so happy, and I was.. overjoyed to see how happy you were. You deserved it. And that’s when I promised myself that I’d do anything in my power to make you happy like that everyday. When we were younger, I used to day dream about you coming home from work, kissing me when you walked in the door, and then sitting and talking with our kids. Though, things don’t go always go as we planned, I’m happy that.. I get to spend my life with you.” The tears were coming back. I’m glad I got to get through that without choking.

“I just want to say.. I love you, and I’m looking forward to our life together.”
He stared into my eyes, and pulled me close, kissing me on the lips. I heard giggling from the crowd. But, it felt like we were the only two in the world. I heard the priest laugh behind me.
“Now, do you Kellin, take Jess to be your lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish ‘till death do you part?”

Kellin nodded, staring into my eyes. “I do.” He said, gently placing the ring on my finger. I could only smile.

“And do you Jess, take Kellin to be your lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, ‘till death do you part?”

“I do” I said, without hesitation, gently sliding my ring onto his finger. He looked down at the ring, then back to me, kissing my forehead. I sighed.

“Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you Mr. & Mrs. Kellin Quinn. You may now kiss the bride.”

He was beaming, and quickly leaned in, kissing me hard on the mouth. I tangled my fingers in his hair, kissing him back. I heard the crowd cheering behind us.

This was it. We were married. I was finally his.