Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 37.

After hours of our endless discussions on love, and friendship, and Celine’s life at school, we set her up a small bed next to mine, and got her to fall asleep. Finally, some alone time.
I rolled over, now almost up against Kellin.
“So, what happened?” I asked. He finally took off the fake smile. He looked empty. Broken. He bit his lip.
“My dad showed up at my house..” He said. He looked down. “He was fighting with my mom. She was protecting us, and he killed her.”
My jaw dropped.
“Kellin, we have to call the police..”
“I did..” He sighed. “They got there before I left. I told them they had all rights to examine the place, and they let me go.”
Kellin was staring off into space. His face still emotionless.
“Are you okay?” I asked. He sighed. I gently took his hand.
“Remember what you told Celine..” I said. I intertwined our fingers.
“I love you, I’ll be here for you, whenever you need me. And I’ll always help you see that it’s going to be alright.” I gently pushed his hair back, kissing his forehead. I could see tears in his eyes. I pulled him close. He hid his face in my chest, and cried quietly, conscience not to wake Celine. She didn’t know yet. He didn’t have the heart to tell her; not just yet. I understood. He dealt with enough tonight.
I gently rubbed his back.
“It’s gonna be okay..” I sighed. I gently kissed his shoulder, now cuddling close to him. “It’ll all be okay.”
Kellin didn’t deserve any of this. Why was it that the worse things always happened to the best people. Kellin had the biggest heart, he cared for everyone, he always put others before himself, he always loved with everything he had, and this is how he was treated in return.
Kellin deserved the world. He deserved to be happy. I gently stroked his hair, softly running my fingers up and down his neck. He clinged onto me tightly, pulling me closer.

I knew one day, everything was going to change for Kellin.
One day, I knew he’d finally get the life he deserved