(Hmong) Ghost Tales

Exorcism of Emily Rose

The "Exorcism of Emily Rose" had just come out, and my older brother and I had gone out and rented it. Throughout the three days in which we had the movie, I only watched it once because it was all I could stand.

For the next week, the movie couldn't help but continue to reply in my mind, so I ended up sleeping in the living room. Making the decision to sleep in my room again was probably the worst mistake I could make.

For the next three days, after returning to my room, I continued to wake up around 3 in the morning. I thought this to be a coincidence, but didn't think much of it. I simply thought that it was because I was just thinking about the movie too much.

Second night, i woke up around 3 AM again. I, however, quickly fell asleep again.

On the third night, I woke up again just as it turned 3. I had to use the bathroom and was about to get out of bed when I noticed something strange.

Looking at by door, I could see red light beaming through the crack beneath the door. It didn't make sense that there was any light, since it was 3 in the morning, there was no moon out that night, and we didn't have red light bulbs anywhere in the house.

This scared the wits out of me because I remembered how--in the movie--the hallway was all red due to the EXIT signs outside of Emily's dorm room. She had gone out into the hallway and when she returned, that was when she was attacked.

I quickly threw out the idea of going to the bathroom, and curled back up into bed. I told myself just to go back to sleep, and that's what I did.

After that night, I stopped waking up at 3 in the morning, and I have yet to watch "Exorcism of Emily Rose" again.