(Hmong) Ghost Tales

Typing on the Computer

A little over six or so years ago, I was heading up to my room to after watching TV. My room was the first room when you reached the top of the stairs. Right across from my room, on the end of the hallway was the computer room, where we had our computer and a TV.

As I lied down in bed, I could hear the sound of loud typing. I initially ignored it, thinking that it was probably my older sister writing a story for Quizilla again. But the typing continued, and I couldn't fall asleep. I immediately sat up in bed and leaned over--looking down to the computer room through the doorway--to tell my sister to quiet down.

My eyes widened when I saw that the computer was on, the chair and the keyboard was pulled out, but there was no one in the chair. At first I had thought that whoever was on the computer has just gotten up, but then the typing began again, and there was still no one in the chair.

I immediately turned fell back onto my bed and faced my back to the to the door. I then threw my blankets over myself and shut my eyes tightly. As I lied in bed, the typing had stopped and I could feel something approaching my room.

I remember gripping onto my blanket as tight as I could when I felt something standing in the doorway. Then, whatever it was came over to my bed, and the hairs on the back of my neck were standing.

I couldn't stand it anymore--the fear and the feeling of someone hovering over me. I quickly threw the blankets off myself and ran out the door and downstairs into the living room.

I told my dad, and he went upstairs and checked things out. He didn't find anything, but that didn't stop me from sleeping in the living room for the next week.