Status: Updated sporadically. Really when I have an idea :) but right now (9/18/2012) Im putting it on temp. hiatus. Im so sorry!

Rolling Along

Sugar Kitty Death Race

“Go Dustin!” Cheered Sam.

We watched the skateboarding competition on the TV in Rob’s living room. I sat against his little brother, Sam, who was also my best friend. Sam and Dustin are also best friends, and my brother and I are too. But now, only Sam and I sat.

I smiled as I watched Dustin stand atop the half pipe. He looked at the camera, and tapped over his heart twice with one finger. I grinned then, for that was our thing.

“Now Jim,” Started the announcer, as Dustin got settled and waited for the signal. “We’ve seen this sign before from someone else.”

“That’s right Steve. Dustin’s little sister, Amelia-” Steve the Announcer was cut off by Jim the Announcer.

“Who he fondly calls Elia.”

“Yes. Sam Dyrdek also calls her this. Others call her Amy. Anyways, when they do partner skating we see them do that to each other. And when she’s in the crowd she does it to him.”

“They make quite the pair, don’t they? But after the last time with Jeremy Tereks, Dustin decided to leave her home.”

Jeremy had blatantly disregarded my personal space to throw off Dustin. Dustin punched him in the face, and made Sam stay by my side until he was done. He got second that time, and Sam won.

“Yup, and here we go!” Steve the Announcer said excitedly. I sat up straighter and leaned forward.

The signal went off. Dustin went. Tricks galore, and then it happened.

He fell. From the top. Landed first on his head, and rolled down. Over the board. And the board split. A shard went through his arm but I couldn’t see if it hit his chest.

“No.” I whispered, tears falling down my face.

I watched as my older brother lay unconscious in the middle of the half pipe. Blood leaking from his left side. People rushed to him, including our manager/guardian Kevin. Tracy, his wife, picked up her phone as he yelled to her. Medics rushed to Dustin’s side, and my phone rang.

I picked it up. “Amy?” Tracy rushed out.

“I saw. Tracy he-he-“ I croaked out.

“Listen to me. We don’t know anything but they are going to help him. After I get off the phone I’m getting you a plane ticket to here, okay? It’ll be for within the hour.” She said fast, obviously needing to hang up.

I watched as a neck brace was brought out and they ran away with him on a stretcher. “Okay.” I choked out. The line went dead.

“Elia?” Sam asked, tears in his nervous face.

“Plane in an hour. They don’t know anything.” I said, tears distorting my voice.

“I’ll get your other bag. Put your shoes on.” And he rushed to his room. I got up and half stumbled half ran to his kitchen.

Ryan, Big, Drama, Rob, Chanel, Big Cat and Steelo were placed around the room, just chilling. I entered the kitchen, trying to breathe around my sobs.

I was so scared. One of my greatest- scratch that, my greatest- fears was Dustin getting hurt. I always worried about him snapping his spine. Breaking his head open. Hell, every time he even slipped, I swear my heart stopped. And now, he was unconscious and could possibly have a spinal injury.

“Woah woah woah, what’s wrong babygirl?” Rob asked carefully, going to my side. He placed his hands on my arms to turn me. I pulled out of his grasp and flipped the kitchen TV on. The news popped up, and I didn’t even need to change the channel.

“16 year old Dustin Markison, a semi-professional skateboarder, has fallen on a half pipe at a North Carolina competition. He landed on his head, and rolled over his own skateboard. The board broke and impaled him on his left side. Not much is known of his condition, other than it is serious and life threatening.” Said the news reporter. They showed his fall, and more tears fell. Rob, despite his shocked face, noticed and flipped the TV off.

“What if he’s no-not okay?” I asked frantically.

“He’s gonna fight for you.” He told me softly. My lip trembled and I nodded, going to my shoes and slipping them on.

Sam came into the room carrying my bag. He went to me and pulled us together. “Drive us to LAX.” It was more of a command than a question that was directed to Rob.

“Let’s go.” The short skater said, grabbing his keys and leading the way.

The others in the room followed us to his SUV, hopping in nervously. I sat leaning against Sam, shaking with fear, and Rob threw his keys to Drama, for he was busy holding my hand. Chanel got shotgun, and everyone else followed in a different car. I gripped Rob’s hand impossibly, and he just smoothed his thumb over my knuckles. Sam just held onto me, and I cried into his chest.
I heard them before I saw them. “Fuck.” Drama mumbled from the front. Reporters eagerly took pictures of us as we drove up, and they all talked at once. I couldn’t believe the heartless bastards would do this as my brother…no. I couldn’t think of it. Not him. Not after all we had been through. Just no.

Drama parked the car, and Rob let his grip go. But as I held on, and looked at him in utter desperation, he leaned over and kissed my cheek. “Come on kiddo.” He whispered, so I let his hand slip. He nodded and jumped out of the car. He stuck his glasses over his eyes, and shrugged his hoodie off. He turned to Sam and I, and Rob helped me out of the car first. Placing the hoodie around me, he flipped the hood itself up, and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, keeping my head down. Big appeared in front of us and made people move. Drama came to my other side and placed a hand on my lower back. Rob and Drama were keeping the people from getting to my sides, all the while blocking me from the cameras. I felt a hand tangle in the back of the hoodie, but it just went along.

“C’mon we’re going on a private flight.” Scott said when we finally escaped the madness. Rob went to discuss something and Sam, who had been the hand, pulled me into him and away from his cousin.

Sam just held me there. I gripped onto his shirt with both hands, burying my face in his chest. Sam kissed the top of my head, and rested his cheek where his lips had been.

“Guys! It’s ready.” Drama got our attention. I felt Sam nod, and then pull back enough to look at me.

“Remember the heart. Remember the taps. Remember the life. You’ll get to do it again.”

I could tell he was trying to convince himself also. But I nodded none the less.

On the plane I sat resting my head on Sam’s shoulder. His tears hit my hair as he cried silently above me. “Sammy?” I asked scared, but quiet. Even as I spoke in a hushed tone, everyone heard. I was the one to break the silence, and everyone turned their fear stricken orbs upon my best friend and I.

“Y-yeah hun?” He forced through his tears.

“I want him back.” I said, breaking into more tears. “I just want him to be okay!” I sobbed. He turned me so my face was pressed into his chest.

“I know. I do too. I do too.” Sam told me, kissing my head again. I heard, what could only be Chanel, start to cry. I heard Rob go to comfort her, but he had tears in his own voice.

My brother might be…uh uh. Nope. Not happening.

Sooner than I thought, we landed. Sam helped me up, and flipped the hood over my head once again. I walked off behind Big Cat and he took my hand as my feet hit the pavement. I pushed myself against his side as flashes surrounded us. He took me to right behind Big and Rob rested his hand on my arm as we walked into the airport.

We finally got into the car, and Drama drove again. Yet, my hands stayed clenched in the material of Big Cat’s hoodie, and Rob was sitting with Sam in the back. Big Cat just held me, both arms wrapped around my weak frame, and his forehead rested on my shoulder. Drama drove us to the parking lot, and somehow the media had beaten us there.

Big Cat unbuckled my seat belt since his hand was there to get his own undone. Then he helped me out of the car, and it seemed as though we all fell into a pattern. The same set up, just different pavement.

Lucky for us, the hospital security wouldn’t allow the media in. And they called the police, so that was a plus.

But now, I had to face reality.

We walked along the too bright hallway, and I saw Tracy sitting hunched over in a chair. She looked up as we approached, and I brought the hood down. She stood, and looked at me sadly. When we got close enough, she talked in a voice distorted from crying.

“The board only cut the underside of his arm. He lost a lot of blood, and they need a donor-“ I cut her off.

“I’ll do it. We’re the same blood type.” I said in a tone that left no room for argument. She nodded once.

“A-and as for his spine…they don’t know. They won’t until he wakes up. He’s in a t-type of coma. Sort of a time before they decide if it’s a coma or not.” She explained.

I took a breath I didn’t know I had been holding. And bit my lip.

“May I see him?”

“Yeah. Kevin should be ou- hey Kevin.” He walked out looking tired. His eyes looked to me.

“Go.” He told me softly. I left Big Cat’s side, and the rest of the group sat on the plastic chairs that lined the walls.

I opened the door silently, and crept towards the bed.

Dustin lay, pale as the early morning light, on a light blue bed sheet. A darker blue blanket went up to his chest, but his arm was above the blanket. I sat in the chair beside his bed, and just cried.

“Dustin, please. Please! Pull through. Please. I need you.” And with that, I grabbed his hand.

A gasp escaped my lips as air was sucked into his mouth by his newly parted lips. His eyes fluttered a few times, and then stayed open. The colourful orbs rolled to me.

“Did you honestly think I was going to leave my little sister with all those skater boys?” He rumbled out. I laughed. Just once. Then launched my lips to his forehead. He groaned, amused. “Sweetheart, no brother wants that part of his sister in his face.” I giggled against his forehead and sat back.

“I’ll get the doctor,” I told him, but didn’t move.

“Am I getting your blood?” I laughed at his failed attempt at a creepy voice.

“Yes.” I tried it. A smile spread on his face. I got up and went to the door. I opened it, and stood half turned to him in the door way. “I love you.” I told him. He was still looking at me and blinked tiredly a few times.

“I love you too Elia.”

I grinned and closed the door behind me. The others saw my face. “He’s up!” I breathed in excitement. A collective group inhale went off as they let relief wash over them.

Doctor’s walked in to his room to check him over. I just stood, basking in the new feeling of reassurance. Sam got up and hugged me. “He’s okay.” I half-laughed half-cried.

A doctor walked out and looked around our little group until his eyes landed on me. “Are you Amelia Markison?” He asked in a kind voice.

“Yes sir.” I said, walking to him so we were not yelling. The others quieted to hear.

“His spine seems alright but we’ll be keeping him over for a few nights.” I nodded to his
explanation. “Now, as I understand it, you’ll be donating blood? Okay, we need to do a few tests but we’ll have you hooked up in no time.”

“Thank you.” I smiled.

He led me down a few hallways, into a small room, and took a vile of blood from my right arm. I REALLY don’t like needles. They kept me in the sterile as I stared fearfully at the needles next to me. I had to do this for Dustin. For Dustin. For Dustin. For- wait, why is Big Cat here? I looked at him as he crouched down in front of me.

“Sam tells me you don’t like needles.” Big Cat pointed out.

“I’ll be fine. Dustin needs me.” I said, reassuring myself. He bit his lip slightly, looked at my knee, then back at my face.

“Just because you’re helping someone, doesn’t mean you can’t have help too.” He told me carefully. He slipped his hand into mine, and gave me a smile. I squeezed his hand, and gave a nervous smile.

“You know, it’s times like these that makes it hard to believe you’re awkward as hell.” I told him.

He gave me a goofy smile that made me giggle.

The nurse came back in with a warm smile, and I held onto Big Cat’s hand for dear life.

“Big Cat?” I asked nervously as the girl put together the needles and tubes.

“Scott. Call me Scott.” He told me quietly.

“Scott, you weren’t lying, were you?” I questioned as my breath came a little faster, and my hild a little stronger.

“I wouldn’t have came if I was.”

I stared at the needle. It inched near my skin and I flinched a little. “Hey.” He whispered to me, turning my face to him. He dropped his hand and smiled. I felt a small prick and relaxed. I didn’t care if it was already in my body, I just hated the thought. Big- Scott raised an eyebrow and I just smiled.

The nurse took the blood they needed and Scott walked me back. I bumped my shoulder to his arm with a smile.

“Yeah?” He asked, somewhat amused.

“You’re more of a kitty than a big cat.” I told him, giggling at his sigh.

“Why’s that?”

“’Cause you’re all soft and stuff.”

“Am not!”

“Am too!”

“Am NOT!”

“Are too!”

“I’m not and discussion is over.” He said with a headshake smile combo.

“Mkay…Kitty.” His eyes widened slightly.

I sped my pace, him chasing after me. “Hey!” I said to the relaxing group. They all looked up. Scott looked at me warily. “I have made the executive decision that from now on, my new nickname for Big Cat is Kitty.” I said promptly. Rob tried to stifle his laughter, but failed epically as Chanel giggled next to him.

“Damn you.” Scott/Kitty said with a faint smile.

“Don’t lie, you love it Kitty.” And with that I sat on Sam’s lap.

“Sure thing Sugar.” He rolled his eyes.

“Sugar?” Questioned Big.

“Yeah, because she’s so sweet.” Scott teased. I gave him a cheeky grin.

“Alright, so let’s recap.” Started Steelo. “Dustin almost dies, we have a media almost scandal,
Amy’s out a few pints, we got two new nicknames and I’m pretty sure we left Ryan somewhere.”

“Fuck, we did, didn’t we?” Laughed Rob. Guilty looks went around the highly amused group, and
I decided to add in my own thoughts.

“Just another day rolling along.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate how I describe group things. I hate how I make it sound like they're creeping on her. I hate how I described half of this!

But for some reason, I don't hate this.

Wadya think?

I made Big Cat's charactor kind of...different? Haha I suck at this.

Anyways, I love you guys!