Status: Contains strong language and violence. Sequel maybe???

Haunted

And I Don't Know How It Gets Better Than This, You Take My Hand and Drag Me Headfirst, Fearless

The next few months passed in a blur, but when the wedding day finally came, I felt sick with worry. Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t have been happier now that I was finally marrying Xander, but after my last wedding, I wasn’t exactly filled with confidence. Talking of Liam, I’d decided not to press charges for what he did. As much as it killed me to think that idiot could walk free after all the trouble he’d caused, I knew I would only feel worse if I went through the court case and the trial. I just wanted it to be over as soon as possible.
“Right, if you don’t get up this second, I’ll throw you out the damn bed,” Isabelle laughed, coming into my room for the fifth time that morning.
“I’m up,” I sighed, staggering sleepily out of bed. I’d hardly slept the previous night, my brain divided by feeling excited and feeling nervous.
“Good, I made you breakfast.”
“Thanks, but I’m really not hungry.” Isabelle rolled her eyes.
“Correction: you’re hungry but you’re too busy stressing and rushing around to eat. Go downstairs, eat up and I promise today will be perfect.” I looked at the time. There were only three hours till we needed to be at the wedding. If I was going to eat, I would have to eat quickly.

At about half past eight, there was a knock at the door.
“I’m here!” Elisha squealed, rushing into the kitchen. Of course, her and Isabelle were my beautiful bridesmaids, along with Xander’s sisters, Sophia and Natalie who had also stayed overnight at Isabelle’s too.
“Where’s your dress? Can I see it?” Elisha cried.
“Soon,” I mumbled, rushing to get the bouquets arranged correctly. Isabelle sighed.
“It’s upstairs, first door on the right,” she told Elisha.
“Thanks,” she called, whilst rushing up the stairs.
“Danni, I need to do your hair. Sit,” Isabelle demanded.
“But I…” Isabelle cut me off.
“Sit,” she said firmly. I rolled my eyes and did as I was told. Elisha came back downstairs and the two of them happily wandered round, taking their time doing my hair and make-up as if we had all the time in the world. I could swear they were doing it purposely to annoy me. There was another knock on the door and Isabelle ran to get it. I recognized the voice as Josh’s.
“Don’t you look beautiful,” he smiled, walking into the kitchen and giving me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed.
“How Xander?” I asked worriedly.
“He’s fine. He wanted me to give you this,” Josh grinned, handing me an envelope. I opened it carefully to find a note saying simply, “Stop worrying – everything will be perfect. I love you.” I smiled; he was so sweet.
“Josh, can you get Sophia and Natalie, I need to do their hair,” Isabelle called. Josh sighed and did as he was told, not daring to disobey Queen Isabelle. You gotta love her.

An hour later, we were all ready to go. As expected, the moment we stepped out the house, we were surrounded by reporters and photographers and screaming fans. Xander had told me it would be insane, but I didn’t think it would be quite this bad. It didn’t bother me though. The quick journey to the most beautiful hotel was soon over and the ceremony was about to begin.
“Look how many people are here,” I sighed, peering out the balcony doors to the huge group of people that we smiling and laughing, eagerly awaiting for the wedding to begin. I felt a twinge of sadness at the fact that the majority of the people here were Xander’s friends and family, not mine. Liam and I had a few friends, but since none of them had contacted me since what happened, I assumed they had taken Liam’s side in all of this. I pushed it to the back of my mind. I guess it was true that in order to have something that is worth having, it becomes necessary to lose everything else.
“Don’t panic. They all are so excited to see you. This is the most beautiful place to get married, and the weather is perfect,” Isabelle smiled. It was true – the outdoor ceremony was my idea of a dream wedding. The garden was full of flowers and fountains and the aisle scattered with blood red rose petals led up to and archway with roses and other beautiful flowers entwined with it. I felt like a princess in the amazing dress Isabelle had helped me choose. It was crisp white, strapless and full length. The skirts were heavy but the gown was simple, and for once I felt beautiful. (http://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-dresses/so-sassi/tabitha/ ) My four lovely bridesmaids looked beautiful too. They were all wearing simple red maxi dresses. This was a dream come true.
“Come on, go get married,” Isabelle urged, leading me downstairs.

Sophia and Natalie walked slowly down the aisle first, followed by Isabelle and Elisha. Next was me. I had no father to give me away – I was alone. Nervously, I walked down the aisle, to smiling faces and gasps of joy. Xander turned round and his face lit up, making me feel like the most special person the world. The vicar started the ceremony. Despite hoping against hope not to hear these words, they were inevitably spoken. “Speak now or forever hold your peace.” Xander took my hand and smiled reassuringly. I relaxed slightly. We said our vows and I breathed a sigh of relief as we were finally pronounced husband and wife.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to my four amazing subscribers. It's not a lot really but I love you all.

Ella xoxo