Status: Coming Soon

Beauty Is a Cruel Mistress

Ability

Isobel did not mind the day spent with the crowned prince of Asgard, he treated her well but she did have troubles accepting his behavior. As a person who had lived in solitude it was nice to be able to interact with another being no matter how exhausting it was to do so. Before she was imprisoned she enjoyed the company of others to a certain degree and people even considered her charming. However through the years she lost a bit of that charm but she was trying to pick up on the social queues set out for her now that she was free. Life as an object of desire only led to her recognizing that perhaps Thor was interested in her in that aspect.

As stated the night before, Isobel traveled to where Loki was imprisoned to keep him company. It was very much a surprise to Loki to see her or rather her astral self arrive at the tree and he smirked at the opportunity. There she was, standing in front of him somewhat jaded by her surroundings now that she had been there for a few days. He watched her, seeing the doubt in her big eyes. Isobel looked up at the tree knowing that it held Loki within it.

“So how was your day Loki?” she questions. Loki let out a scoff followed by a sardonic laugh. She looked down a small smile on her lips then looked back up. “Someone feeling as though there are going nowhere in life?”

“Are you poking fun at my situation?”

“Yes, yes I am.”

“Very brave of you,” Loki comments.

“Not bravery no, more of trying my hand at humor.”

“Well if you must know I am feeling rather stationary.”

“I would think so,” she replies with a hint of sarcasm.

“Thought you would not come after your busy day with the great prince of Asgard.”

“I gave my word that I would be here. Did you think over the question I asked?”

“I did, I am set on charming you Lady Isobel.”

“Try to answer that without the forced tone or false statement.”

“Who are you to judge it as forced or false?” Loki counters intrigued with the fact that she called him out on the lie. He knew he’d have to be a little more obtuse with his approach.

“Who are you to be set on charming me? It sounds like you’re trying too hard to cover up for your real intentions.”

“And what are your intentions in being here?”

“Not certain, I just feel as though you wouldn’t mind having the company.”

“Well I do not need your pity.”

“Maybe but you do want it, not so much the pity but the attention,” Belle comments. The reply made Loki angry, partly because of the truth held in the words but also the fact she managed to get him all riled up in the first place.

“You do not know what you speak of you mewling quim!”

“You‘re acting like a child, did it occur to you that the reason you are in this situation that you‘ve been going about things the wrong way?”

“Why would I even take advice from a weak mortal such as yourself?”

“I may be some weak mortal to you but you have no idea how good you have things. You have no idea the love your family still feels for you regardless of the debauchery you have caused. And your brother, the one you seem to loathe so much still cares about you. You have people left in this world that actually give a damn about you and you have only chosen to bring isolation upon yourself,” she rants as the anger within her rose.

“Why are you still here?”

“Because you let me go that day. You put a cloak on my back and let me leave. It wasn‘t a lot but it was enough Loki.”

“You had no use to me.”

“And now?” she responds already knowing the answer. He planned to use her somehow and someway in order to get what he wanted. Being used for so long allowed her to recognize that fact while around others. She shook her head looking at the tree, her hand rose to touch but not feel the bark. Being in her astral form wasn’t ideal, she could walk the earth and not feel a thing but she was tired of feeling numb. All she could do was watch and never interact, it wasn’t enough. Loki stared at her every movement. There was something tragically beautiful about her words and actions, she looked lost to him, just as lost as he had felt. Her hand dropped back to her side and she turned away from him. “I’ll be gone soon enough and you won’t get the chance to use me as you had planned.”

“Then you are leaving me here to be alone,” Loki spoke.

“No Loki, you led yourself here to be alone.”

Belle did not look back as she walked away and it haunted him to see her ghostly figure move further away. Would she come back the following night? Would she bother to do such a thing? These questions swarmed Loki’s mind and when the day had taken over the night these questions still embedded into his mind. It was the doubtful resident of Asgard who had seen Lady Isobel’s ghostly figure where Loki had been imprisoned.

Because of distrust the resident took it upon himself to inform Thor of this obvious betrayal. Of course the man had his own agenda and that was to marry off his daughter to the prince. Thor had been fighting in jest with his fellow warriors that morning when the farmer had approached the clan. The men ceased to fight and looked at the audience member that had cleared their throat rather loudly. He bowed to Thor in a gracious manner whilst the prince continued his sword fight with Fandral .

“What say you farmer?”

“My lord, I come in hopes of speaking with you about Lady Isobel.”

“Then speak.”

“She is not who she appears, she too is a sorceress and is under the control of Loki god of mischief.”

“Those are some serious accusations farmer,” Thor responds in a stern manner.

“If you doubt my words sir, I dare you to watch the tree in which Loki is imprisoned tonight for she visits him while the rest of the kingdom sleeps,” the farmer spoke bowing his head.

“Although I doubt your accusations farmer, I will humor thee for I am fair.”

“You are most gracious,” he replies in a grateful tone.

“You may leave.”

The man scampered away and Fandral continued fighting Thor. The prince rather unfazed by the accusations because he didn’t believe a word of it. Fandral looked at Thor with a smile.

“I believe you are enamored by Lady Isobel, old friend. For the farmer‘s words did not encompass doubt within you.”

“The farmer has a daughter he wishes to marry off, I am certain he attempts to sway me in her direction,” Thor states.

“And of course that will not happen as we have seen the way you look upon Lady Isobel with such adoration.”

“That is none of your concern my friend.”

“Then you will not be concerned with her approaching us as we speak.”

These words encouraged Thor to fight harder to win over Fandral to impress her. He was quick to get Fandral disarmed and in a surrendering position. Belle looked at the group a memory of her fencing days came to mind and she approaching them as they stopped to acknowledge her presence. The men bowed with smiles and she nodded before looking at the rack of swords next to her. Her hand grazed the handle of a smaller sword that was closer to the old renaissance broad swords one would see in fiction.

“Lady Isobel have you come to see us train?” Fandral inquires with a hint of humor.

“Is that what you were doing?” Belle responds in a detached manner while she looked at the wooden swords they used as practice.

“Have you ever wielded a sword Lady Isobel?” Thor inquires upon seeing her interest. She picked up the light wooden sword giving it a small tap on the ground before she placed it back on the rack. The memory of the day that had gone wrong entered her mind and she thought it best to avoid participating in a physical activity.

“At one point I had taken lessons in fencing, but it’s not really the same.”

“Perhaps you can show us what you had learned.”

“I don’t think that’s the best of ideas.”

“And why is that malady?” Thor questions.

“You are asking someone who has been oppressed for many years to participate in competition that requires physical contact,” Belle replies.

“Then you must participate, it will make you feel better to get out such anger.”

“I really don’t-”

“Lady Isobel I assure you will not harm me,” Thor states handing her the wooden sword. Belle took the sword and held it in a proper manner and stared at him waiting for his attack. Thor stepped towards her and she took a step back. Her first hit was against his bicep throwing Thor off slightly with her quick nature. Belle was impressed with the fact she could still remember all the things she had learned whilst she went toe to toe with Thor. The warriors three observed with great interest to see who could win being that Belle took on Thor without hesitations. Being a competitive man Thor had pushed his skill to the brink while she dodged his hits. Eventually Belle knocked the sword from his hand and pointed the end of hers at his neck. Her breaths were quick as she caught the other sword and Thor looked at her with startlingly blue eyes.

“I do feel slightly better,” Belle admits as she dropped her weapon to her side.

“I believe I misjudged your abilities.”

“Here I thought I was going easy on you,” she says with a small hint of mischief in her eyes. Thor gave a throaty chuckle and Belle accidentally let slip a smile as she looked down. She looked back up still smiling and Thor knew she was enjoying herself.

“Another round then malady?”

“You just want to make sure you win this time don’t you?” Belle counters.

“Perhaps I am already winning,” Thor answers taking back the sword with a charming smile. She shook her head at him as he made his first advance towards her. There was something incredibly endearing about Thor that Belle appreciated, he was trying to let her have fun. The only problem was, was she ready to get involved with other people and stop feeling numb?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it has been a long time and I am trying to update so hopefully this was worth the long wait. I've got papers to write so it's only natural I write updates instead. Thanks for reading lovely people!