Drain Me.

The Queen.

"Al? Have you seen Barni-"

Alric quickly moved away from me, shooting Adam daggers. My cheeks were pink and my heart was beating quickly. If Adam had not walked in, what could have happened? Would he have drank me dry? Killed me? Had sex with me? The thought made every hair on my arm raise and my cheeks flush deeply. Adam seemed amuse at the horrible look Alric was giving him.

"No," said Alric coldly."I have not seen that damn animal." Alric stalked out of the room, fists clenched, and a pissed of look painted on his face. I bit my lip and looked down, not wanting to meet Adam's giddy eyes. He was getting a kick out of the situation he walked in on. When I looked up at him, he smirked.

"What were the two of you about to do, Miss Patterson?" Adam asked me. I rolled my eyes and groaned, throwing my body hard into the bed, wanting nothing more than to die. I was even half naked here, Adam knew exactly of what was about to be going down.



I sat in the room with Alric, me picking up his clothes, and him sitting on his bed reading some old book, reading glasses perched on his nose in the most sexy manner. Not that I think he's sexy.

"Alric? May I ask you a question?" I said, setting his ginormous pile of dirty clothes in his clothes hamper. Without looking up at me, simply flipping the page of his book, he answered me.

"If you call me Master like you're suppose to, then ask the question you may." I looked at him surprised for a second, then rolled my eyes.

"Master, are the vampire's the only… Other race there is?" I asked, not sure what to call them. Mythical creatures? He looked up at me and pushed his slipping glasses up his nose.

"Heavens, no. What made you think that? There are Werewolves, Demons, Warlocks, those sorts. Why?" He asked, looking at me curiously. I put the clothes I was holding in my hand as he spoke in the hamper and shrugged, not answering him. I let him get back to his book and made sure not to bother him and quietly moved about the room and his bathroom, doing what he told me to. Like I'm suppose to. Be the good little slave that I am.

My thoughts drifted to the previous night as I picked up my torn dress from his wooden floors. The way his touch my my skin feel tingly, and the way his lips moved across my flesh. His teeth marks that now permanently mark my body as his. He never kissed my lips though. He would get so close and I longed for the feeling of his lips. I couldn't help but stay up all night, laying wide awake in bed thinking of what would have happened if Adam would have never bursted in. I remembered what Alric had said to Adam about his question and curiosity got the better of me.

"Do you have a dog?" I asked him, closing his closet door as I walked out. He sighed and looked up from the book he continued to read in bed.

"If it is really that important that you must stop your work and interrupt my reading to ask such a stupid question, then yes Annabelle. We do have a dog. Barnibus," He answered then went back to reading his book. I bit back the laugh that was trying to escape it's way past my lips, but it came out more of a coughing noise. Alric glanced up at me. Not with a concerned look, but any annoyed one. I really did want nothing more than to strangle him. He drives me insane.

I started to think of the conversation we had of the other races in their world. I almost tripped down the stairs as I took Alric's trash down to the trash room I was so lost in my thoughts. Warlocks, and Demons, and Werewolves. It was all so weird. Nothing like the human world. In the human world, all of this was fake. There were no actual vampires. There was Twilight, where they had sparkly vampires. Alric Morgenstern was far from sparkly. He was like the dullest of gray walls. You could slam your fist or head into it, and you're going to be the one hurt in the end. Not him. He may have a crack, but it's easily fixed. That's Alric. I could try to fight the fuck face all I wanted, but I would get nothing but a small crack in him, and that would be if he was sleeping and I was beating on him for an hour. And the fact that he's a vampire would ruin it because any damage I would have done to him, would heal within the hour. Useless.



"Anna, can you be a dear and hand me the washing detergent?"

I nodded and handed Angela the green bottle. She smiled and nudged me.

"You've been quiet. What's on your mind?" She asked. She was so caring, and always willing to help me and listen. She had no reason to help me with Alric's laundry. She did it because she wanted to help me. I could never repay her, or Adam, for the kindness.

"Would it be weird to tell you that Alric and I almost had sex?" I blurted out. My cheeks heated up and I went as red as a tomato. Angela threw the clothes in the washer and turned it on then turned to me. She smiled.

"Not in the slightest way. Just be careful," She said. I nodded and frowned.

"The worst part of it all is that I almost let my sadistic, vampire Master take my virginity. The man I loathe," I said. She looked at me like I was her child. I was almost. She was never able to have children. She was married before becoming a slave, and they tried but she kept have miscarriages. That's why she loves Alric, Adam, and I so much I realized. We are the children she was never able to physically bear, but she has such motherly instincts, it's hard not to think of her like my second mother.

"May I ask you something? You don't have to answer, I'm just curious. I know Alric will never tell me," I said. She nodded and looked at me curiously."Whatever happened to their mother? The Queen?"

Angela's face went grim. "The Queen was brutally ripped apart by Demons. The Demon's that killed her didn't exactly like Vampires for a group of Vampire's slaughtering a family member of theirs, so they thought the best way to get back, was to kill their queen. The boys watched it happen. The Demon's made them. They were only about 10 years old and had no way to save their mother because they were too small and weak to fight back."

I listened, tears threatening to spill like rivers down my face. The thought of the two Prince's watching their mother be murdered, broke my heart into a million pieces. I was equally surprised at how it seemed like Angela was there.

"Did you… Know the Queen?" I asked. Angela smiled lightly, tears swelling up in her own eyes.

"Yeah. I've been here since I was 21. 9 years with the twins. If you're curious as to how Charles and I came to be, it was a couple of years after Molly died that he started to actually talk to me. He was so low, so depressed, so lost. I thought he was going to kill himself. I sat him down and told him I was here if he needed someone to talk to. He broke down to me. And no we're… What we are," She said, a smile on her face but it faltered slightly.

"Was their mother a kind women?" I asked. I would really like to know if Alric's bitterness was hereditary, or the result of something.

"The kindest. So very caring. Alric and her were so very close," Angela answered.

Annabelle nodded, realizing that that is probably the root to his bitterness. I would be bitter myself if my mother was ripped apart and I was forced to watch, unable to do anything of it because I was too young. I wanted to go to Alric and hold him, and cry to him, and just tell him that everything's okay. He doesn't have to be bitter, and he can talk to me if he needs to. That I'm here. That he can be a abetter man if he wanted to. But the thought of what he might do to me, or Angela, if I told him I know of the story, scared me more than anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback please.