Status: Complete.

Finding Who You Are

Chapter 39 - Dinner And A Proposal

"So, where exactly are we going?" I asked from the passenger seat as I lit my cigarette swiftly as I messed with my hair.

"It's a suprise." Slash smirked as he continued to drive.

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone, texting Axl.

Me; 'Hey you know where Saul is taking me tonight? He's acting all cheeky and corny for some reason and won't tell me where we're going for dinner.'

I sent the message and didn't have to wait long for a reply.

Axl; 'I know, but I won't tell ;) hehe.'

That little red headed turd!! Nobody was telling me anything... Not even giving me clues!! That wasn't fair. I huffed loudly as I texted him back.

Me; 'Fine then. Turd.... I say that with love.'

"What are you doing over there sneaky?" Slash chuckled as he saw me shoving my phone back into my pocket.

"Trying and failing horribly to figure out where you're taking me..." I sighed and rolled my eyes, smiling.
"But Axl won't spill, so I guess I'll just wait. Patiently." I grumbled as I kicked my feet up on the dash and stuck my earbuds in, turning my iPod volume all the way up.

"You better." Slash snickered as he reached over and grabbed my hand, making me turn down my music. "I love you." He smiled, kissing the top of my hand before pulling out a bandanna. "Put it on."

"My head?" I raised my eyebrow as I took it from him, sitting my iPod in the console.

Slash laughed at me before pulling off to the side of the road. "No. Over your eyes so you can't see where we're going silly."

"Oh.... No. Hell no." I laughed as he took the bandanna from me, wrestling me before I finally gave up, recieving a kiss as I let him put the bandanna on me, blocking off my sight. "You better be glad you're special Saul Hudson."

"I'm glad you love me." He chuckled before I felt the car begin to move again as I silently sighed and mentally rolled my eyes. This man was crazy.

My phone started to ring.

Slash pulled it from my hands to see the caller I.D and to tell me it was only Axl.

"Hello?" I sighed into the phone.

"Hey. You figure out where you're going yet?" The singer chuckled, making me clench my teeth together. I was going to kill him when I saw him next.

"No. I've been blind folded and now I'm riding down the road with not even a clue to where I'm heading. All I know is it's supposed to be dinner." I complained as I felt Slash's hand on my thigh.

"Rayne, don't be mad at Saul." Axl pouted and I couldn't help but to smile. "You'll love it. I promise. Gotta go, Izzy, Duff, and Popcorn just got here. Later!"

"Bye." I responded as Axl's end of the phone went dead, making me laugh to myself.

"We're here." Slash announced as I felt the car come to a hault.

"Can I take this off now?" I asked, tugging at the bandanna and reaching for the door handle.

"No. I'll carry you and when your feet touch the ground again, I promise you can take it off babe." Slash giggled as I heard his door shut and soon felt his hands guiding me out of the car, around my waist as he kissed me before picking me up bridal style and kicking the car door shut. "I love you." He muttered as he leaned down and planted another kiss on my lips as his fluffy hair tickled my face, making me giggle.

"I love you too Saul." I whispered as I let my hand feel the stubble on his cheek as I leaned my head on his chest, relaxing.

We walked for a good 10 minutes before Slash finally put me down slowly, his hands snaking around my waist from behind as he burried his face in my neck, kissing softly before his touch was completly gone..

I slowly pulled the bandanna from my head and gasped at the sight.

We were on a beach. It was right as the sun was setting and it was beautiful. There were two towels layed out on the sand, Jack Daniel's and Jager bottles were on the little tables. And then in front of me. Right in front of me was Saul, down on one knee.

"Oh my God." I breathed nervously as I felt tears sting the corners of my eyes, threatening to spill over at any moment.

"Rayne. I know we haven't been together all that long. I know we've been through so much in the past few months, ecspecially you...." He took a deep breath before pulling a red box from his pocket and opening it to me. "But I love you Rayne... I can't see myself wanting to spend the rest of my life with anyone else but you. I am completely and totally in love with you. Will you marry me?"

The tears that were in my eyes were now covering my cheeks as I just stood there in shock. I was in love with him, there was no doubt. But was I ready for this? Mick had asked me to marry him not even a full year ago, and we all know how that ended up... Was I ready to put my heart out there like that again and risk being hurt all over?

I started shaking my head 'yes' violently before Slash stood up and I hugged him violently, kissing him viciously as he picked me up, my legs wrapping around his waist as he stumbled backwards in the sand. We both fell backwards with a thud, never breaking our lips apart.

"Yes Saul. I'll marry you." I breathed against his lips as I just hugged him tightly, laying there in the sand with him as he managed to push the beautiful ring onto my finger, making me smile. "I love you." I whispered in his ear before standing back up, helping him to his feet.

"I love you too Rayne." He smiled widely as he took my hand in his and started walking towards a little table by a beautiful cabin that I had managed to miss earlier. "Now for that dinner." He chuckled as we finally reached the table which was lit with candles and all set with dinner and our drinks.

"Baby, you didn't have to do all of this." I smiled and sighed as he pulled out my chair out as I gladly sat down, scooting closer to the table.

"I didn't have to, but I wanted to." Slash smiled as he sat down and we started to eat.

The food was absolutely amazing and we started to walk on the beach afterwards. That's when things really sat in. I was going to be marrying the man I had looked up to for so long. The person who made me start playing guitar in the first place.... I was getting married?!

After our walk, we sat down on the towels that were layed out. I sat on the one with the Jager beside it, as Slash sat on the one with the Jack Daniels, of course. Neither of us hesitated to quickly crack open our bottles and take a good mouthful.

"Don't drink to much, you're driving us home." I laughed as Slash put the cap back on his bottle.

"I'll just save it for when we get home." He smirked as he flopped on his stomach, burrying his face in the towel.

I scooted over to his towel, laying close beside him as I threw my arm over his waist while my other arm and hand held tightly to my bottle of Jager.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tumblr! http://rayne-the-lesbian.tumblr.com

Hugs x Kisses

-Rayne X