‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

1

I got with a girl and started a war.
How could I know she was trouble? Oh.
I thought that I could ignore her.
Now I'm closer, but at least I'm not sleeping alone.


Ander sang his lines from next to me as I focused on the music preparing myself for my part. I opened my mouth and let my own lyrics pour out.

I gave him the world.
Showed him the door.
Now he should know how it feels to go.
I'm broken down on the surface.
I don't deserve this.
It's the last straw now.


The music stopped and both Ander and I took the headphones off our heads and headed out of the music booth.

“How was that?” I asked the people in the room. I noted my brother Jacob, drummer of our band, and Lee our guitarist, lounging on the couch. I glanced towards the other people in the room but mostly at Simon Cowell for approval. He stood looking at me for a moment before nodding.

“Better, Tate, much better.” He merely said before nodding at us and leaving the room.

“God forbid if my head got too big from his compliments.” Ander scoffed from next to me and jumped on the boys on the couch. I rolled my eyes and headed out of the room. I walked out into a larger room that had food and water set up. I headed over and grabbed a bottle of water instantly and practically sculled it down. We had been singing the part for almost an hour my throat was completely dry.

Loud laughing was heard, I glanced to the door and saw three boys walking in completely immersed in their own, apparently hilarious, conversation. They were three of the boys from One Direction, Liam, Niall and Zayn. I knew who they were of course, it was practically impossible not to know who they were in the world today.

“You ready to go?” Jacob asked from next to me snapping me out of my trance. I quickly glanced away from the three boys and up to my brother. He was a good head taller even though he was a year younger; I was extremely short for a girl at 19. He looked at me expectantly and running a hand through his messy black hair.

I nodded quickly and grabbed my bag from the corner and headed outside with the boys. I was searching through my bag looking for my phone. I cursed and realised I must have left it inside. Letting the boys know I would meet them at the car I ran back inside and headed towards the couch and water cooler hoping to find my phone somewhere.

“Looking for this?” Someone with a weird accent asked me. I spun around to see a blonde boy standing in front of me holding my white Iphone. I exhaled in relief.

“Thank you so much,” I said reaching for my phone.

“I’m Niall,” He said smiling at me. I almost laughed, like I didn’t know who he was. He looked at me obviously expecting my name in return.

“I know,” I merely smirked at him before practically running out of the door and to the car where Jacob was waiting in the driver’s seat.

“Are you okay?” Ander asked me peering at me from the front passenger seat.

“Yeah why?” I asked back bewildered.

“Well you’re all red, like you’re blushing.” Lee said from the seat next to me poking my cheeks. I smacked his hand away.

“I am not,” I said blushing more and turning away from them all. Eventually the car pulled away from the studio and we headed home.

The moment we walked into the small apartment me and Jacob shared I headed for a shower. I knew the boys would probably go and play video games or whatever they did.

I eventually walked out to see them playing guitar hero. I jumped onto the couch and watched them. Lee was beating Jacob easily however only slightly beating Ander. I laughed watching them try and sabotage each other. Sometimes these boys annoyed me but they were my band and all I had. The three boys had been a band for the last five years, just mucking around in Ander’s parents garage. I used to go along and watch when I was bored. However one day the boy’s heard me singing and decided to try me singing with Ander. We sounded good together so we started to take the band more seriously. We eventually called ourselves Saturday’s Rebellion and started getting gigs in the surrounding area. We were then found by our manager Mike and finally we got an interview with Simon Cowell. He loved our music and signed us instantly. We were currently recording our first album, using our own songs.

“You should cook dinner,” Jacob said sitting on the couch next to me.

“I’m not your maid you know.” I scoffed but getting up none the less to cook dinner, I was hungry too.

-

“WAKE UP!” someone screamed shaking me violently awake.

“WHAT?” I screamed opening my eyes to see Jacob holding my shoulders.

“We have to go to the studio! We’re going to be late!” He said before rushing out of the room. I glanced at the clock to see that we had half an hour to get there.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE ME UP SOONER!” I screamed out to him as I clambered around my room chucking clothes on and quickly ran a brush through my black hair with red ends. I quickly brushed my teeth before running out of my room grabbing my bag and phone along the way.

Jacob and I ran down to the car before picking up Ander and Lee and grabbing some McDonalds along the way.

We practically burst through the doors of the studio and I landed on the couch in exhaustion. We had about two minutes to spare. Ander sat down next to me groaning and throwing my burger from McDonalds at me. I smiled largely and practically inhaled it.

“Woah!” I heard someone say, I glanced up to see all five members of one direction sitting on the couch on the opposite side of the room. I hadn’t noticed them when we barged in.

“I’ve never seen a girl eat like that,” one of the boys, Louis, exclaimed.

“We didn’t get breakfast before we left,” I shrugged before slowly eating the rest of my burger in a more socially acceptable way. The boys all started talking to each other about god knows what as I continued to eat my burger and play on my phone.

We were soon told that we would be half an hour delayed as there was something wrong with the recording booth. I instantly propped my feet up on the couch taking the whole thing up as I was being ignored by all nine boys as they continued to chat and play around. It had been a couple of minutes before I was suddenly jumped on by Jacob. I looked up from my phone and glared at him.

“Stop being anti-social.” He said grabbing my phone off me and holding it above his head as I tried to reach for it.

“Stop being immature.” I said slapping him and trying to grab my phone back.

“Who are you texting anyway? It’s not like you have any other friends but us.” Lee said pointing out my social issues. It’s not like I was socially inept I just didn’t have many friends other than the boys I never really did in school either. I just prefer small groups of people.

“Oh gee thanks Lee!” I rolled my eyes as Lee eventually got my phone off Jacob; he then made us sit on opposite ends of the couch. I glanced up to see all of the One Direction boys watching us amused.

“Sorry love, we didn’t catch your name?” Liam asked me. I instantly glanced at Niall who was watching me intently obviously waiting to finally hear my name. I smirked at him.

“Her name’s Tate,” Jacob answered for me.

“I can answer for myself!” I said glaring at him.

“Well you were taking too long,”

“What is with you two this morning, you don’t normally fight this much!” Ander said.

“Lack of sleep,” Jacob shrugged. A guy suddenly came out of the recording booth letting us know we could come in.

“Can we listen?” Louis asked. I wanted to say no but the rest of the boy’s said yes. I just ignored them all and strolled inside.

“Okay were going to continue you from where we left off yesterday.” I was told as I put my headphones on. I nodded as Ander put his headphones on and the music to our song See You Around came on.

I got with a girl and started a war.
How could I know she was trouble? Oh.
I thought that I could ignore her.
Now I'm closer, but at least I'm not sleeping alone.


I gave him the world.
Showed him the door.
Now he should know how it feels to go.
I'm broken down on the surface.
I don't deserve this.
It's the last straw now.


Say goodbye to the night.
I’m getting into trouble and dancing with the devil.
If you want to fight.
Well, girl you must be dreaming.
I love to hear you screaming.
Well then I give up if you just stop this whole thing altogether.
You used to be my treasure.
What if I say goodbye for the last time?
I'm closer than you realize.


Eventually Lee, Jacob and Ander began to record the music for our songs so I made my way back out of the room and pulled out my song book to start working on some new songs I had been creating.

I'll never be what you want
I wouldn't change any part of me
Just to make you stay


I sang softly to myself sitting Indian style on the couches. I wasn’t sure about the song I was writing so I hadn’t let anyone hear it properly yet. Not even Jacob who normally had first listen to all my songs.

“You have a great voice.” I glanced up to see Niall standing in front of me.

“Uhh thanks,” I stuttered blushing slightly, I wasn’t a person who knew how to take compliments well.

“Can I read the rest of the song?” He asked walking over to sit next to me.

“It’s not finished yet,” I said quickly shutting the book. Worried that I insulted him I glanced over only to see him smiling sweetly at me.

“When it’s finished then?” He asked sweetly.

“Maybe,” I whispered back. I had always been extremely shy about my music.

“We can go Niall!” Harry announced coming out of a connecting room. “Bye Tate,” I smiled at him and waved. The rest of the boys said bye as they walked past.

“Bye Tate,” Niall smiled at me.

“Bye Niall,” I smiled back weakly.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of the sequel!!
Hope you liked it :)