‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

10

Tate

The moment Skye left the room I could feel the tension increase. Everyone was staring at Harry or Lilly and to say I was confused was an understatement. I quickly excused myself to the toilet and quickly headed into the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror and stared at my reflection as I waited until it was a reasonable time to go back out.

My phone beeped and I replied to Jacob’s text letting him know what time we would meet up with them tonight. I waited a couple more seconds before flushing the toilet and washing my hands before I exited the bathroom. When I walked out Lilly was no longer here and Harry and Louis were out on the balcony they had with the door shut. Harry had his head in his hands and Louis was rubbing his back. I stared at them curiously before sitting down next to Niall on the couch. There was something going on and I was pretty sure Skye was just as clueless as I was.

“Are you going to tell what the hell all that was about?” I asked Niall sitting down next to him putting my hand into his chip packet. He glanced at me surprised, whether it was from what I said or because I stole his food, I would never know.

“What?” He asked scrunching his face up cutely. I smiled at him and poked his cheek. He sent me a weird look.

“You’re just so cute!” I defended. This earned me a glare from him. “I was talking about all that weird tension in the room!” I said waving my hand around.

“Oh that, well um Lilly used to be Harry’s ex...” Niall trailed off. I felt my own face scrunch up in concentration as I tried to process it all. I glanced over at Liam and Zayn.

“Maybe it wasn’t the best idea for Lilly to come here. But she kept asking...” Zayn was saying to Liam.
“And Skye doesn’t know...” I trailed off as my face showed surprise.

“No, and you can’t tell her.” I turned to glare at Niall, he quickly held his hands up in defence.

“That’s not fair! She has the right to know that her new friend is Harry’s ex!” I said growing upset. Not at Niall but at Harry.
“I know, I know!” Niall shushed me. “But it’s up to Harry to tell, not us.” Niall explained. I watched him scathingly not really thinking it was something I wanted to keep from Skye. She had been a great friend to me already and now Niall was asking me to lie to her. It didn’t feel right.

“I will tell her soon.” I heard Harry said from behind the couch I was sitting on. I stood up and turned to glare at him and Louis.

“It would be better if you told her now.” I said pointedly. I’m sure Skye would be less angry if Harry told her now rather than keeping it a secret and telling her later.

“It’s a lot more complicated and I just need the right time to tell her. She’s so excited for tonight and I don’t want to ruin it. Plus you saw how off she was this morning, she’s finally happy again and I don’t want to ruin that.” Harry pleaded with me. I frowned at him, she was a bit sad this morning and she had livened up throughout the day especially after making our plans for tonight. I sighed and glanced down at Niall before looking over at Zayn and Liam before turning back to Harry and Louis. They were all sharing the same pleading look with me.

“Okay, okay. Tell her soon though. Or I will!” I added the last part wondering if that was what a friend would do for someone. Harry smiled at me softly before nodding at me.

“Good news guys! Casey and Paige are going to be here in three days!” Skye announced running out of the room and jumping on the couch almost landing on Niall who held his hands up blocking his head. She laughed before jumping the back of the couch and onto Harry who caught her easily.

“Thank you so much!” She said to Harry before kissing him. I glanced away quickly as their kiss heated up like there’s always did. It’s like they couldn’t keep of each other, their relationship was all fire.

“What are you doing out here Tate!” She suddenly yelled at me as I glanced at her curiously. “Dani and El are already getting ready! Let’s go!” She said grabbing my arm and pulling me in the room. I gave one last desperate look to a laughing Niall before the door was slammed shut and I was blocked off from my laughing blonde Irishman. I sighed and closed my eyes before turning away and opening them to see a very scary Eleanor, Danielle and Skye standing there smiling at me evilly. All thought of Lilly and Harry left my mind as I watched Skye pick up the curling wand. This was going to be a long night I decided before letting them have their way with me.

-

“God we did a good job!” Eleanor exclaimed stepping back from me and looking up and down. I automatically wanted to cover myself. I felt to exposed in the short dark green dress.

“If Niall doesn’t want to have sex with you, he’s definitely gay.” Skye walked over putting earrings in her ears to match her purple dress.

“I don’t know guys,” I whined turning around to look in the mirror. I still couldn’t believe I was standing there in a dress and heels. The short green dress was fairly tight and pushed my boobs upwards creating a fair bit of cleavage. It was strapless and I had a feeling I thought I would be tugging it up all night however Skye leant me a silver studded belt that sat just under my breasts which held the dress up nicely. I pulled the bottom of my dress down one more time before sighing and turning back to the girls.

“It really does look good,” Danielle said smiling comfortingly. I smiled back.

“Okay, okay let’s just get this over with.” I groaned and followed them to the door and out into the lounge room where all the boys were waiting for us. I stayed slightly behind Skye as we walked out the door. However she left quickly to go over to Harry as they shared a quick kiss. I watched as he smiled down at her lovingly, I knew he didn’t want to hurt her but I was worried that he was going to without meaning to.

I was instantly distracted however when a blonde Irishman came into view. I smiled at Niall warmly as he continued to look at me, eyes extremely wide.

“What’s the matter Niall, never seen a girl in a dress before?” I teased him lightly.

“Never seen a girl make it look that good before,” He responded pulling me forward and kissing me sweetly and shortly. I blushed instantly and pouted slightly as he pulled away to quick for my liking. He smiled at me and pecked my pouting lips before pulling away but left an arm wrapped around my waist. I glanced around at everyone and that’s when I noticed Lilly was back. I frowned slightly in her direction as she watched Harry and Skye intensely. She was wearing an extremely short black dress and I personally thought she was wearing too much make up. What worried me was how she looked at Harry though, he might not want her around but from what I could tell she wasn’t planning on leaving anytime soon.

I felt Niall tug on my hand and I followed him willingly out the door with everyone else and into one of the waiting cabs. I sat down squished between Niall and Zayn as they chatted happily to one another over my head.

We arrived not long later at a club and I climbed out of the car with grabbing onto Zayn’s hand as he helped me out since I wasn’t the most graceful person in heels. Niall wrapped an arm around my waist and led me to the door completely ignoring the line. We were let in instantly and shown to the VIP section.

“I’ll admit I can get used to this,” I said instantly walking up to the private bar. Niall followed.

“How well can you handle your drink?” Niall asked eyeing the two shots I already ordered. I grinned at him cheekily and pushed one towards him.

“Probably a lot better than you,” I responded. I had been drinking a lot longer than I had been legal so I was pretty good with keeping my alcohol down. It took a lot for me to get extremely drunk.

“You really shouldn’t try to drink against an Irishman,” Harry said from beside Niall. I laughed and downed my shot easily and ordered two more. Niall smiled at me gleefully and quickly swallowed his shot.

-

We had been at the club two hours and I had been trying to show Niall I could handle more drinks then him. Let’s just say that was easier said than done. I was buzzing and Niall was barely feeling the effects yet.

“How can you drink this much without being drunk?” I demanded of him hiccupping slightly throughout the conversation. I stood up in the process and almost fell to the ground if Niall hadn’t grabbed me around the waist to balance me. I glanced up into his face to see him laughing at me. My breath hitched in my throat slightly as I stared up into his beautiful face. I reached my hand up and brushed it across his face. He continued to hold me up while watching me amused as my hand continued to explore his face.

“Maybe we should take you home,” Niall suggested. I waved him off and glanced out into the dancers looking for our friends. I frowned when I noticed everyone dancing together, Lilly was dancing to close to Harry for my own liking. I could tell he was awkward as he moved closer to Skye but Lilly merely moved closer to him. I started to move towards the crowd of people before Niall pulled me back.

“Whoa there,” He said softly pulling me back into his arms. “Where are you going?”

“To tell Skye about Lilly!” I stated glaring up at him. “Look at Lilly, she looks like she’s about to rape Harry!”

Niall glanced over to where I was pointing and he frowned before turning back to me.

“We have to let them sort this out themselves.” He explained patiently to me. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

“What if she gets hurt in the process?” I demanded from him. I was being slightly rude to him but I was drunk and willing for a fight apparently. I usually stayed away from confrontation unless it was my brother I was fighting. Niall sighed and looked back over to the others.

“It’s not our place Tate,” He said. I looked into his eyes realising that he really believed that this was the best thing. I sighed and nodded agreeing with him because let’s face it he was the one used to having friends not me; especially girl friends.

“Do you want to go home?” Niall asked. I smiled up at him.

“How could you tell?” I asked.

“You keep looking down at your shoes like you want to rip them off,” He smiled at me.
“I’m not really a heels girl,” I admitted. He smiled at me cutely.

“You shouldn’t wear them, I prefer you being shorter than me,” He winked at me as I giggled. I was only his height in these heels, without them he was a couple of inches taller. He started to pull me towards the door as I walked as best as I could behind him.

“Could I maybe stay at yours tonight?” I asked softly. Niall spun around so quickly I ran into his chest. He grabbed my shoulders to steady me. “Just because I’m pretty sure Jacob left with a girl before and I really don’t want to go home to that.” I further explained at his shocked expression. His face softened slightly.

“Oh, yeah sure,” He said rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

“If you don’t want me to, it’s o-“

“I don’t mind,” He cut me off quickly smiling at me. I smiled back happily. I saw him hesitate a moment before he leant forward and quickly placed a light kiss on my lips. I smiled gratefully as he pulled away and grabbed my hands to continue to pull me out the front and into a cab.

The ride to Niall’s was a short one and I made use of that time to pull my heels right off. Niall payed for the cab and helped me out of the car. I started to limp slightly as the heels had really hurt my feet. Niall frowned at me lightly before standing in front of me and bending slightly.

“Jump on,” He instructed.

“I’m in a dress Niall!” I chastised.

“No one’s around and I’m not looking!” He said staying where he was. I sighed before stepping closer to him and giving him my heels to hold. I pulled my dress up as far as I was comfortable with before putting my hands on Niall’s neck and awkwardly jumping up and onto his back. He easily held me up and wrapped his hands around my things. He started to walk towards the elevator as I held on for dear life. I burst out into laughter as we stood in the elevator waiting. Niall glanced at me curiously in the mirror.

“Awkward if one of your neighbours walked in right now,” I winked at him in the mirror as he laughed a long with me. The elevator dinged open and Niall began to walk out and towards his door.

“Can you grab my key; it’s in my pant pocket.” Niall asked. I reached my hand down and searched in his pocket and fishing out his key. I pulled it out and Niall positioned himself so I could unlock the door and push it open for us.

“This makes everything so much more difficult,” I complained.

“Oh hush, you got a free ride up,” Niall said.

“Thank you,” I said leaning forward and kissing him on the cheek. I knew he was smiling. He walked into his bedroom and sat me on his bed; he chucked my heels in a corner amongst clothes.

“Uh sorry about the mess, I would have cleaned up...” He trailed off looking around at his messy room worriedly. I giggled.

“It’s fine Niall. I live with a boy remember? Jacob is so much worse.” He smiled at me gratefully. He walked over to his drawers and pulled out some clothes.

“Here you can wear these, they’ll be more comfortable and you can have the bed I’ll sleep on the couch.” Niall added. I blushed slightly.

“No its fine, I can take the couch since I invited myself over.” I said quickly standing up and wincing at the pain in my feet.

“Like I’m going to let you sleep on the couch!” He said outraged. I blushed at his chivalry.

“Goodnight Tate,” He said softly and leant forward to place a quick kiss on my cheek before leaving the room with a smile on his face and he shut the door. I quickly got changed and climbed into the bed. I sighed happily with a smile on my face as I snuggled into a pillow that smelled like Niall and pulled the blanket up and around me. I smiled happily as I breathed in Niall’s scent. I easily fell into a comfortable sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So those of you who guessed were right.. Lilly is Harry's ex!
Will Skye find out... Guess we will have to wait and see ;)

Niall and Tate's first sleepover!! :)