‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

9

Skye

“You know now you’re going to have to go out of your way to come back and pick us up.” I said to Harry as he glanced away from the road and shot me a look that clearly said to drop it. I sighed before finally giving up and looking out the side window. Harry was currently driving Danielle, Eleanor and I to Tate’s place before dropping us off at a shopping village. I had of course asked for his keys and would drive us ourselves. However after an incident the other day where another car almost hit me, Harry decided that I couldn’t drive his car anymore. I was positive he was more worried about the car being in an accident and not me.

“That car was at fault not me,” I defended in one last attempt to convince Harry I was a good driver.

“You pulled out in front of him!” He nearly yelled not taking his eyes of the road. I stayed silent and shot him a glare. Danielle and Eleanor were being extremely silent in the back, probably wondering if this was going to turn into a fight.

I reached over and turned the music up and I saw Harry visibly relax in the driver’s seat obviously realising that I wasn’t going to turn this into a fight. I rolled my eyes at him before settling back into the seat.

We pulled up at the front of Tate’s apartment complex to see her waiting at the front. Eleanor opened up the back door and Tate hopped in. The girls all said hi as I spun around in my seat and smiled at her warmly.

Harry pulled back out onto the road as Eleanor, Danielle and Tate started a conversation in the back. I wasn’t really interested and zoned out the rest of the ride to the shopping village. I glanced up at the sky to see it was cloudy. I frowned slightly, I will admit that I definitely wasn’t used to cloudy and raining weather all the time. I was used to sun pretty much all of the time in Australia. I sighed slightly. I loved it here, but I still missed Australia a lot. I definitely missed Casey and Paige a lot. I guess everything would get better when I started college soon and I could make some more friends.

I glanced down as Harry’s hand came over and squeezed me knee slightly getting my attention before he put it back on the gearstick. I turned to look at him as he glanced at me worriedly. I smiled at him and reached over to brush a stray curl behind his ear. He smiled at me and winked as I laughed softly.

The car stopped and I glanced around to see we had arrived at the shopping village. The girls all thanked Harry before climbing out of the back. I unbuckled and opened my door when I heard Harry clear his throat. I glanced up to see him smirking at me.

“Where’s my thanks love?” He asked me in his too charming British accent.

“Thanks,” I smiled sweetly before moving over towards the edge of my seat about to jump down. Harry had other plans however and grabbed my arm pulling me back towards him.

“A proper one, please,” He growled slowly into my ear. I shivered slightly and looked up at him to see him smirking, he knew what he was doing to me. I rolled my eyes at him before leaning up and pressing my lips to his. One of his arms slid to my lower back and pulled me closer to him until I was up against the gear stick. He innocently pushed his tongue into my mouth while his other free hand reached up to stroke my cheek. After out tongues played for a bit I finally pulled away. My eyes fluttered open to see him already staring at me. I quickly gave him one more quick peck before pulling out of his grip. He pouted.

“Goodbye Harry,” I laughed and climbed out of the car. I blew him a kiss as he winked and I shut the door. I stepped back as he waved quickly and drove off.

“Finally, I thought you two were going to have sex in front of us.” Eleanor said as I spun around to stare at her.

“Please, that kiss was nothing,” I said rolling my eyes and walked towards them.

We all started to walk towards the shops as I linked my arm with Tate’s smiling at her. She smiled back at me happily.

“Now let’s go have some fun,” I winked at the girls before pulling them into the closest shoe shop.

-

“Wait, so you’re going on an American tour in less than three weeks and you didn’t tell us! WHY!” Eleanor looked like she was about to leap over the table at Tate. Tate looked away shyly.

“I don’t know I guess I kind of forgot about it and I’m not really used to have girls to tell this stuff too.” She said shyly. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders in a side hug.

“You have us now, and girls tell each other everything and I mean everything!” I said sternly as she nodded and laughed.

“Yes, like how good of a kisser is Niall?” Danielle added. Tate laughed and blushed but stayed quiet.

“Were serious Tate, how good is he?” Eleanor said. Tate looked up at us surprised and saw that we were serious. She blushed darker.

“Oh um, he’s really good.” She mumbled.

“KNEW IT!” Eleanor yelled making people turn to look at us. I burst out laughing.

“Anyway, we should go out and celebrate tonight!” I announced.

“Yes, we can go to a club,” Danielle agreed. Eleanor pulled out her phone instantly to text the boys.

“And we can buy new dresses.” Eleanor said furiously texting.

Tate went quiet again as I stared at her curiously.

“I um haven’t ever really worn a dress.” She said embarrassed. I looked at Eleanor and Danielle, all of us smiling gleefully.

“Oh this is going to be fun,” I said as Tate actually looked afraid of us.

After another three hours I called Harry to come and get us as we had all successfully gotten a dress each. However because it took us so long all the girls were going to come back to my place to get ready together.

Harry pulled up and got out to open the boot as we dumped all our bags in. Eleanor suddenly leant over and pulled Harry’s beanie down over his head. He spun around and lifted it up looking at Eleanor surprised.

“Sorry, but every time a young girl walks past I have the instinct to hide any One Direction boy near me,” She shrugged before jumping in the car. I laughed as Harry looked at me helplessly. I leant forward and fixed up his beanie and placed a kiss on his cheek. I paused though as I saw out of the corner of my eye a group of teenage girls looking over at us.

“Get in the car now!” I nearly yelled at Harry pushing him towards the driver door and ran around to my own door, diving in. “DRIVE, DRIVE!” I screamed once Harry started the car.

“Okay love, calm down.” He laughed at me before pulling onto the road. I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Umm, just wondering but how come Harry’s driving us? Don’t you three have licenses?” Tate suddenly piped up from the back. I hear Harry groan instantly as I turned to smirk at him.

“A great question Tate! I have found myself wondering the same thing?” I said narrowing my eyes at Harry.

“Skye almost crashed Harry’s car.” Dani piped up from the back. I spun around in my seat and glared at her.

“Thank you Dani!” Harry said smiling largely.

“You’re dead to me,” I whispered to her menacingly.

As Harry stopped the car we all jumped out and I started to follow the others inside. Harry grabbed my hand though pulling me back.

“Earlier this morning, you weren’t upset about me not letting you drive right?” He asked worriedly. I shook my head as relief washed over his face which suddenly went back to worry.

“What else did I do?” He added, I laughed.

“Nothing!” I said.

“Then what was wrong?” I sighed and looked away from him.

“I don’t want to upset you...” I trailed off.

“Tell me, please,” he pleaded with me.

“It’s just I’m a little homesick.” I admitted to him. He stayed silent for a while and I didn’t look at him worried that I had hurt his feelings. His hand grabbed my chin and turned my face so I had to stare into his emerald eyes, I could feel my own eyes fill with tears.

“Hey, hey.” He cooed to me caressing my face with his thumb. “I’m not going to be upset at you for being homesick. Of course you’re going to be homesick. I just want you to tell me okay? Just tell me so I can try to help you! I made you move all the way around the world to stay with me. I’m always going to be here for you.”

I smiled at him happily.

“You didn’t make me move all the way around the world. I wanted to.” I said reaching forward to press my lips against his before pulling away. “And I’m sorry for not telling you. I just didn’t want you to feel bad.”

“Don’t worry about me. I’m happy because I have you and my friends and my family all in one timezone. It’s harder for you. How about you invite Casey and Paige to stay with us for a week or two?” Harry asked. My eyes lit up instantly.

“Really!?” I squealed not believing what I just heard. He chuckled slightly.

“Of course! I know you miss them a lot, so invite them up!” I launched myself into his arms and kissed him hard, wrapping my legs around his waist in the process. He smiled into the kiss before his hands grabbed onto my bum to hold me there. I pulled away after a moment and rested my head against his.

“I love you.” I whispered.

“I love you too.” He whispered back winking at me.

“Love me enough to carry me up to the apartment?” I asked innocently. He rolled his eyes at me before telling me to get on his back. I eagerly hopped down and waited for him to spin around so I could jump on his back. His hands supported my bum and he walked inside to the elevator. I giggled into his neck making him shiver as we rode the elevator.

“Stop doing that,” He warned, I smirked and blew into his ear; he almost dropped me as he jumped. I continued to laugh as he carried me to our door. I reached forward and twisted then doorknob as and pushed as Harry used his foot to nudge it the rest of the way.

“This is so difficult,” Harry muttered practically kicking the door wide open and walking in. I jumped as the door slammed shut behind us extremely loud.

“Crap!” Louis yelled jumping from where he was sitting on the couch.

“Sorry,” I apologised clinging onto Harry’s neck. I glanced around to see everyone here and a new girl sitting by Zayn looking over at us. I stared at her curiously.

“This is Lilly, Skye.” Zayn introduced us. Everyone was silent. I smiled happily and let go of Harry’s neck ready to slide down. Except Harry didn’t let me go he stayed frozen where he was still holding on to my bum.

“Uh Harry?” I whined squirming in his arms trying to get him to release me.

“Huh? Oh sorry,” He mumbled quickly before bending his knees and releasing his clasp on my bum as I easily slid down him and planted my feet on the ground. I gave him a weird look before walking over to Lilly.

“I’m Skye,” I said smiling warmly holding my hand out for her to shake. She smiled back and shook my hand. She was definitely a pretty girl. Her long brown hair was curled slightly and blended well with her brown eyes that she had made stand out with probably too much make up for my liking. She was extremely skinny but with curves in all the right places. She was definitely pretty, even beautiful; I couldn’t help but be slightly jealous.

There was a slight silence as I glanced around at everyone wondering why they were being so weird. Harry was still standing in the same position staring at me intensely.

“Soo, um Louis I was wondering if you were okay with Casey and Paige coming to stay for a while?” I asked turning to the other boy I shared my home with.

“Of course I’m okay with it!” He said smiling at me almost too sweetly.

“Riight,” I said not knowing what was with everyone in the room. “I’ll be right back, I’ll just go Skype them and then we should probably go get ready...” I trailed off heading to my room.
“Where are you going tonight?” A voice said that I hadn’t heard before. I turned around to see Lilly looking at me. I smiled at her.

“Going to a club, not sure which, but were celebrating Tate going on tour. You could come if you want?” I offered. She smiled largely, I saw Harry move forward and open his mouth before he decided to shut it. I gave him a curious look.

“I would love to,” Lilly said in a sweet voice.

“Great. I’m sure the guy’s can tell you the details because I have no idea.” I said before walking into my room and grabbing my laptop of the desk and opening instantly. I quickly sent Paige and Casey a message telling them I was about to call them. As I waited for them to come online my thought strayed to the tension that was in the room. There was something going on that everyone seemed to know but me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm what is everyone hiding from Skye??