‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

28

Skye

“It’s going to be okay,” I promised Niall wrapping my arms around him and placing a kiss on his temple. He smiled at me sadly as we walked out of the airport.

“She’ll be back before you know it,” Danielle said wrapping her arms around his waist and leaning her head on his shoulder.

“Uh guys, let’s not make Niall look like a man whore in front of his girlfriend’s parents,” Louis said quickly pulling Danielle and I away from Niall. I glanced over too see Tate’s parents walking out starting at us suspiciously. Niall walked over to talk to them.

“Ready?” Harry asked coming over to me. I nodded at him and smiled. Today was the day we were going to his families for the week. Our stuff was packed and in his car ready to leave for the three hour drive ahead of us.

We said a quick goodbye to everyone and called out to Niall before jumping in the range rover and pulling out into the London traffic. We stayed silent for the most part of the car ride as I let Harry concentrate on the road as he worked the busy traffic on a Monday morning. I sang along softly to the music just enjoying the views that went by as my hand rested on Harry’s thigh tracing light shapes into his clothes.

We eventually left most of the traffic behind and Harry visibly relaxed and settled himself better in the seat. I smiled at him.

“If you keep doing that I’m going to have to pull over and do inappropriate things to you.” Harry said suddenly referring to my hand. I quickly pulled my hand back blushing as I burst out laughing.

“Why am I dating you?” I laughed out.

“My charm and wit and my dashing good looks,” He joked smirking at me before glancing back at the road. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Be careful, otherwise your ego might not fit in your old room.” I poked my tongue at him. He laughed which turned into coughing. I frowned at him.

“Are you sure you’re not feeling ill? You were coughing when we woke up as well.” I said leaning forward and pressing the back of my hand against his forehead.

“I’m fine,” He said pushing my hand away before resting his own back on the gearstick. I watched him suspiciously for a few more moments before giving in and going back to watching the scenery pass by.

The places started to look more familiar before we pulled up outside Harry’s family home. I grew a bit nervous hoping that Harry was right and that his mum would still like me after what happened last time. I climbed out of the car and stood nervously by the door as Harry grabbed our bags from the back. He swung his over his shoulder and held onto mine with one hand while grabbing my hand with the other. He gave it a comforting squeeze and kissed my forehead. He smiled at me before pulling me towards the house quickly as the few fans that staked outside his house started to head over and call out.

As we reached the door it was flung open suddenly and we were ushered inside by Gemma, Harry’s sister. She slammed the door behind us and leant against it dramatically. I laughed at her actions. She smiled at me.

“Hey!” She said pulling me in for a hug. I greeted her back.

“Ahh how I’ve missed your Aussie accent! Please don’t lose it.” She exclaimed squeezing me tighter. I continued to laugh.

“Alright stop killing my girlfriend,” Harry said from beside us. Gemma let me go and smiled brightly at Harry before pulling him into a tight hug. I smiled as I watched them. It was easy to tell that they missed each other like crazy.

“Oh you’re here! Skye it’s so good to see you!” Harry’s mum appeared from around the corner quickly pulling me in for a tight hug.

“It’s good to see you two Anne!” I said happily. The nervous feeling in my stomach completely evaporated.

“You’re looking good. How’s London treating you?” She asked leading me into their living room.

“It’s great, I love it here! I still miss home though,” I told her truthfully.

“Not that I’m not glad that you two get along so well but the son you haven’t seen in ages is being neglected.” Harry pouted from behind us. Anne and I laughed before Anne pulled him into a tight hug as they whispered a few words to each other.

“Hello Skye,” I spun around to see Harry’s step-dad standing in the doorway.

“Hi Robin,” I waved at him happily as he walked over and gave me a one armed hug.

We all settled down around the living room and Anne brought out some tea for us.

“So what’s it like living with him and his boyfriend?” Gemma asked poking her thumb at Harry. I laughed.

“It gets pretty bad sometimes. They’re messy and they smell and don’t get me started on the nakedness.” I whined.

“And you love every moment of it,” Harry laughed wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me closer and placing a kiss on my temple. I smiled up at him.

“Aww you two are just too cute,” Anne cooed at us making me blush darkly.

Anne left us in Harry’s room to get comfortable as I unpacked a few basic things from our bags before collapsing onto the bed. Harry came back from the toilet and jumped on top of me, straddling me. I raised myself up on my elbows and stared up at him. He smirked down at me.

“What?” I asked curiously.

“Just remembering all the fond memories we made on this bed,” He whispered leaning down towards me. I blushed as his lips brushed across mine softly. I pushed on his chest and rolled him off me.

“Calm down lover boy,” I poked my tongue at him.

“Not my fault, you started this in the car!” He whined grabbing my waist and pulling me closer.

“You’re still going on about that?” I asked shocked. He nodded his head and pouted.

“I am getting increasingly sexually frustrated,” He whispered into my ear. I blushed at this.

“We just did it last night,” I whispered back not wanting his family to hear.

“So, we do it nearly every night,” He whispered ghosting his lips across my shoulder making me shiver.

“Sometimes I wander where your sex drive comes from,” I laughed at him pushing him away and standing up. He pouted at me from his position on the bed. I winked at him before leaving the room and heading downstairs in search of Gemma.

“Were going out for dinner tonight!” Harry called out from behind me. I made a noise in response as I walked down the stairs. I found Gemma and Anne seated in the kitchen washing the dishes. I happily joined in on the cleaning.

“I must say I was quite glad that you and Harry got back together,” Anne stated suddenly.

“He’s definitely happier with you.” Gemma agreed. I blushed at their statements.

“He makes me happy too,” I said softly earning a smile from both of them.

Are you two getting a long better now?” Anne enquired.

“Well we still fight a fair bit but we always sort it out. I’ve promised not to leave the country when we fight and he’s promised to not be so over protective,” I enlightened them.

“I’m glad,” Anne smiled. We stayed in comfortable silence for a while longer before I decided to ruin the silence.

“I uh just want to apologise for last time. It was really rude and childish of me to storm out of your house like that. And I’m really sorry about that,” I said sincerely to Anne. She stopped washing the cups and turned to look at me sympathetically.

“Oh honey, no need to apologise for that. You were hurt and you reacted the only way you knew how. Neither of you were very tactful in your reactions and you were young. I can see a rather large difference between the girl you were, when you were here last, and to the girl you are now even if it was barely a year ago. You’ve matured a lot and Harry has to. You’ve both been through a lot to finally end up together and you’ve both hurt each other a lot. But none of that matters anymore because your here and you are both happy.” She responded leaning over and pressing a kiss to my head. I couldn’t help the tears that started to spill. She was treating me like her own daughter and I wasn’t sure how to react to that.

“Skye!” Gemma exclaimed wrapping her arm around me.

“Oh I’m sorry dear, did I say something to offend you?” Anne asked worriedly. This just made the tears flow more freely as I started to sob. I tried to tell her no but nothing would come out and I resorted to shaking my head.

“I’ll get Harry,” Gemma said pulling away. I quickly grabbed her arm to pull her back.

“No, no it’s okay,” I eventually choked out. “It’s just, my mother died when I was young and you were being so motherly. And I’m sorry I don’t normally get emotional about this stuff anymore but it just felt like you were my mother for a moment. Sorry,” I mumbled out to them. I glanced at Anne to see her with tears in her eyes as she pulled me into a hug.

“Oh sweetie, I’m touched that you think of me like a mother.” She said to me softly.

“Skye?! Mom?!” Harry said alarmed from the doorway. We both glanced at him and his eyes widened in shock as he saw our tear stained faces.

“We’re okay!” Anne insisted as she wiped the tears from her face. I let out a noise that sounded like half a laugh and half a sob.

“They just had a moment,” Gemma explained looking like she wanted to both cry and laugh at us. Harry moved forward and looked at me intently before pulling me in for a hug, tucking my head under his chin. I sniffled slightly, hugging him back tightly. However quickly one of his hands left my back and I heard him cough a couple of times. I pulled back out of his arms to glare up at him.

“You are getting sick,” I hissed at him. He stared at me amused in my quick change of emotions.

“Sick?” Anne asked.

“I’m fine,” Harry said forcefully.

“No you are not!” I said stubbornly. “He was coughing when we woke up this morning and on the drive up here and now he is once again.”

Anne reached forward placing a hand against his forehead. She frowned.

“You are burning up,” She mumbled.

“I am not,” Harry said stubbornly. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Fine but if you get sick and die, I will not be feeling guilty,” I huffed crossing my arms across my chest. He laughed at me and pressed a kiss against my head.

“You’re so sweet,” He insisted.

-
I woke with a start from Harry shaking as his coughs raked through his body. I made him sit up as I rubbed his back soothingly until they subsided. I then quickly ran down stairs to grab a drink of water before heading back up. I placed the water in his hands and piled the pillows up behind his back to try and stop the coughing while he slept. He placed the cup on the bedside table and I could tell he was trying to hold back more coughs.

“Told you, you were sick,” I said. I merely got a groan in response as he leant back against the pillows. I pulled the blankets up tight around him making sure he was fully covered. I frowned as my skin touched his and I realised how warm he actually was. He definitely had a temperature. As Harry dozed off I went in search of Anne.

“He’s got a really bad temperature and he’s been coughing a lot.” I explained to Anne as I followed her back up to Harry’s room.

“Was it cold on your date last night?” Anne inquired.

“Yeah and he gave me his jacket so he didn’t have one,” I groaned instantly feeling bad. I should have insisted he kept it on.

“It’s alright, it’s not like you could have convinced him to keep it on,” Anne said like she was reading my mind.

“We’ll have to take him to the doctors,” Anne sighed after investigating Harry. “Just to make sure we don’t do any damage to his voice while he’s sick.”

I nodded and got Harry dressed as she booked an appointment with their doctor. I also let the boys know so they could tell Simon that Harry was ill. Harry groaned and grumbled the whole time I got him changed and into clothes as warm as I could. His eyes were practically hanging out his head and I realised that he must have been up most of the night coughing and I hadn’t even noticed.

“I’m sorry,” I muttered feeling guilty.

“’S not your fault love,” Harry grumbled out his voice sounding gravelly. We got him downstairs and into the car before fans could get any pictures of him. We didn’t need any rumours about him dying to start circulating.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since i'm on holidays for the next week, you lucky people will probably receive two updates a day!!
Which means the event will be coming up a lot quicker...

Thanks for the comments also guys, I know i'm leaving you in suspense but soon, real soon, you will see the START of what's to come... But there's a series of things to follow :)

Also I just thought it would be cute to have a sick Harry with Skye looking after him :P

xx