‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

57

Skye

“Louis if you try to eat one more thing out of this kitchen, I’m going to stick you in the oven and serve you as a main course,” I warned Louis as his hand reached towards the cooking food. It instantly snapped back and I glanced at him to see him shoot me a glare before he stalked out of the kitchen.

I heard footsteps enter the kitchen and I spun around ready to yell at Louis except this time it was Harry. Harry who was wearing nothing but a pair of briefs. My eyes went wide.

“You’re still not changed,” I screeched at him. “I told you to get changed over half an hour ago.”
“I don’t see why I have to,” he grumbled at me.

“Can you please just go and get changed, he’s going to be here any minute.” I sighed exasperated at him while checking on the pasta bake.

“He’s just my father Skye why do I have to get dressed up,” Harry whined.

“It’s your father who I haven’t met Harry. I want everything to be perfect, I want him to like me.” I whined at him feeling myself close to tears. I was panicking. I knew this day would come. I would have to meet Harry dad. But he was away on business a lot and we hadn’t been able to find a good time to meet.

Seeing my panic Harry quickly walked around the counter and immediately wrapped me up in his arms. I sighed into his warm embrace as he whispered comforting words to me.

“He’s going to love you, just like mum and Robin and just like I do. You need to calm down okay?” I nodded at Harry words my head still buried in his chest as his fingers worked soothingly through my hair.

“What do you need me to do? Do you want some help cooking?” Harry asked glancing around the kitchen.

“I need you to get dressed,” Harry glanced at me to see me completely serious. He sighed and nodded at me a small smile tracing across his lips. He bent down and pecked my lips lightly before releasing me and heading out of the kitchen. I sighed in relief and continued to stir the pasta bake.

I hummed quietly to myself as I slowly danced around the kitchen to each section of food checking to make sure everything was okay. I froze in my spot however when I heard someone knock on the door.

My eye went wide as I stepped out of the kitchen and stared towards the door. Mine and Harry’s bedroom door opened as Harry walked out fully dressed. He glanced towards me as Louis walked out of his room. Louis light chuckles filled the room as he took in my frightened expression. I shot him a glare as Harry quickly crossed the room to the door. Glancing at me quickly to make sure I was okay before opening the door. Louis came to stand by my side and wrapped an arm around my waist in comfort. I leant into him slightly as my heart beat increased and the butterfly’s in my stomach went haywire.

I watched as Harry greeted the man at the door and was pulled into a hug. I shifted nervously on me feet as Harry’s dad stepped into the apartment I had made the boys clean up this morning. Louis arms tightened around my waist trying to comfort me. It didn’t work.

I smiled awkwardly as Harry’s dad turned to Lou and I. Louis stepped forward instantly to shake Harry’s dad hand.

“Hey dad,” he said stepping forward earning a chuckle from Harry’s dad. Harry rolled his eyes and moved over to me. He grabbed my hand and winked at me before pulling me forward. I felt slightly more confident with my hand placed in Harry’s as his dad watched us curiously.

“Dad this is Skye,” Harry said proudly pushing me forward slightly. I smiled up at Harry’s dad. He wasn’t taller than Harry but he was still taller than me. The man looked down at me with a smile.

“It’s nice to meet you Mr. Styles,” I said quickly, holding out my hand to shake. His smile got wider as he looked at my hand.

“No need for that love,” he said grabbing my hand and pulling me out of Harry’s grip and into a hug. I laughed softly as I hugged the older man back softly.

“Oh and you can all me Des,” he said releasing me. I smiled up at him happily.

“Thank you,”

“And from what Harry has told me about you, I can’t have my future daughter in law calling me Mr. Styles,” I glanced at Harry surprised as he smiled down at me. So he told his dad that he wanted to marry me, it made me wonder if he had told Anne as well.

“Now what is that delicious smell,” Des asked as I turned my attention back to him.

“Skye’s cooking. Hasn’t let me eat a bite all morning, so it better be good since I’ve been waiting so long,” Louis told Des as he led him towards the kitchen.

“I see she knows how to control you then, that’s always a great attribute in a woman then,” Des said winking back at me as Louis pretended to be offended. I laughed lightly about to follow them in before Harry pulled me back.

“I told you he would love you, just like I do,” Harry said smirking down at me. I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

“Yeah, yeah,” I said waving him off and followed the others into the kitchen.

The rest of the day was spent eating and just talking with Harry’s dad about anything. Des had been to Australia a couple of times and we got into a few long conversations about the places he had been and the places that I had been.

After lunch Louis left to meet Eleanor and left Harry, Des and I to clean up and talk some more. By late afternoon Harry’ dad had to leave.

“It was lovely to finally meet you,” Des said leaning forward and pressing a kiss to my cheek. I smiled at him.

“I can see how much he loves you and I’ll admit I worried that maybe you didn’t love him as much. But today you’ve put my mind to rest. I’ve seen that you love him just as much. And you’re good for him. I’m glad he has you.”

I could feel the tears prick at my eyes at the sweetness of his words.

“Thank you, that means a lot to me,” I whispered to Des. “I love your son a lot.”

“What are you two whispering about?” Harry asked walking up beside us. He shot me a look but I merely smiled back at him showing him that it was okay.

“Hey did you want to go see a movie and get some dinner?” Harry asked me after Des left.

I agreed and quickly grabbed my stuff. I walked back out to see Harry smiling at his phone.

“What is it?”

“Dad sent me a text. Told me that you were an amazing girl and that he was proud that I got someone like you,” I blushed darkly as Harry told me this. I didn’t respond no knowing what to say. Harry smiled at me cheekily.

“I agree, you are an amazing girl and sometimes I wonder how I ever got you to agree to love me,” he smiled cheekily down at me wrapping me up in his arms. I laughed lightly blushing harder.

“Even though I drive you mad sometimes. That I hurt you,” I whispered to him softly. His smile softened slightly.

“Even though you hurt me and driven me completely insane, I know I’m still the luckiest man in the world. I know we’re going to have to fight a hell of a lot more but I also know that we love each other too much to leave. I know you’re going to be here when I get back from tour. I know your going to be here for the rest of my life.” I cut him off after that by reaching up and pressing my lips to his and working my fingers through his dark curly hair.

“You’re too corny for your own good, you really know how to charm a girl Mr. Styles.”

“You’re the only girl I want to charm,” he whispered back as I blushed at his corny words again.

Even though I knew a part of the reason why I loved him was his corny words. He pecked my nose and pulled me tighter into his arms as my head rested against his chest listening to his heartbeat.
♠ ♠ ♠
I cannot believe that I reached 300 comments!! You guys are absolutely amazing and I cannot thank you all enough!
Congratulations to Bara-Baby for being number 300!!!

3 Chapters left!!!

xxx <3