‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

56

Tate

I chatted with Greg during the ride to Niall’s family home. Apparently Niall had been busy and had to send Greg to get me from the airport. I didn’t mind however as it gave me time to get to know Greg better. He was a really great guy as was extremely supportive and proud of Niall. I wished I had an older brother like him, instead I was stuck with Jacob.

I climbed out of the car and Greg grabbed my bags for me as took them inside as I followed.

“Uh you’re finally back. Hi Tate how was the flight?” Niall’s mum appeared in the living room. I smiled and hugged her in greeting.

“It was good, really short.”

“Sorry Niall couldn’t get you, he got stuck taking his grams to a friends and well they all insisted he stay and have tea with them,” I laughed at the image.

“Here I’ll show you Niall’s room,” Greg said carrying her stuff up the stairs for her. She followed him quickly glancing into a few rooms here in there before Greg opened a door. She walked in and instantly knew it was Niall’s. The place was a mess with clothes, hats and shoes strewn around the room. She rolled her eyes and nudged some of the stuff out of the way to clear some floor space.

“I would apologise for the mess but your dating Niall so I guess you already expected this,” Greg stated making her snort with laughter.

“If he thinks I’m cleaning he’s got another thing coming,” I mumbled, my turn to make Greg laugh. Greg then gave me a quick tour of the house as I happily looked at all the photos of Niall growing up. He was an adorable baby and I swear he just go cuter and cuter as he got older.

“Niall hid all the embarrassing photo’s before you got here,” Maura announced making me laugh.

“Show me later?” I asked her. Her blue eyes twinkled mischievously at me reminding me of her son.

“Niall just rung and said he probably won’t be home for another hour,” Chris, Niall’s stepdad stepped into the room. He smiled at me and gave me a hug in greeting.

“Do you mind if I go for a shower quickly?” I asked them. Greg showed me the bathroom and I grabbed some stuff and had a hot shower before getting out. I cleaned up Niall’s room just a little bit so I was able to walk around in it and also set my own suitcase up in the corner next to Niall’s.

Not knowing what to do I left the room and headed down the stairs in search of other people. The moment I reached the body of the stairs however I felt like I hit a wall which resulted on my arse hitting the ground hard. I groaned.

“What the hell Niall,” I groaned not having to look up to know that the wall I ran into was my blonde Irishman. I glanced up at him to see his eyes wide in shock before a grin spread across his face and he was swooping down to help me up. The moment my two feet were placed on the ground, his lips were pressed against mine instantly making me feel like I was floating on nothing as he took my breath away.

“Niall honey, please take that into your room,” Maura said walking past. I instantly pulled away from Niall and blushed darkly. Niall let out a loud laugh.

“Merry Christmas,” Niall said wrapping one arm around my waist and pulling me closer.

“Niall that was two days ago.”

“I know but I haven’t been able to tell you face to face yet,” I laughed at his reasoning and leant forward to press a short kiss to his lips.

“Come on, I have something for you,” His eyes twinkled as he led me upstairs and into his room. He glanced around and smirked at me after noticing my little tidy up. I just rolled my eyes at him.

“I couldn’t live in this place with it being such a mess,” I accused him before sitting on the bed. Niall headed over to his closet and pushed clothes, shoes and other junk out of the way as his hand reached for something towards the back. He then proceeded to pull out a dodgy wrapped guitar. My eyes went wide at it.

“Merry Christmas,” Niall said holding it out towards me. I took it with shaking hands and pulled the wrapping off.

“Niall it’s beautiful,” I whispered to him.

“I thought since you’ve been getting really good that you need a brand new good one instead of the old one of Jake’s that you have,” Niall explained sitting down on the bed next to me. I turned to look at him smiling largely. I placed the guitar down on the ground next to the bed before throwing my arms around his neck and crashing my lips against his.

“Thank you so much. I love it!” I exclaimed to him. He smiled at me largely before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me down to lay on the bed next to him.

“I’ve missed you,”

“I miss you too love,” I replied back to him.

“Tomorrow I’m going to show you all of me favourite places okay?” Niall said to me placing a soft kiss to my forehead.

“Sounds good,” I replied smiling largely up at him.

“So how was tea with your grandma?” Niall’s face scrunched up instantly.

“Really boring, they all kept asking me when I was going to settle down and get married. That I had to get married and have kids before my grams died. According to them she’s getting old,” Niall said sarcastically. I blushed slightly. Niall and I had never talked about future stuff and I wondered when he thought about that stuff if he thought of me with him. I certainly thought of him. Niall’s arms tightened around my waist as he wriggled slightly and got more comfortable in the bed.

“What did you say back to them all?” I asked him softly.

“I told them that when we were ready I would propose and well if grams wanted great grandkids she is going to have to discuss the timing with you,” Niall said easily. My head whipped up to stare into his eyes. He stared back calmly.

“Thanks a lot,” I exclaimed hitting his arm. “Now she’s going to be asking me and expecting an answer,” I groaned pretending that everything else he said hadn’t made my heart beat erratically or swell double the size. Niall smiled down at me.

“Tell her never, that will really get you a talking to,” Niall told me. I laughed and leant my head against his chest as his fingers reached up and ran through my hair.

“Are you being serious about me and the proposing and babies?” I asked him softly.

“You are the one thing I’m most sure about,” Niall said softly. I smiled largely as his hands continued to slowly stroke through my hair.

My ear intently listened to Niall’s heartbeat as it calmed me as we contently laid with each other talking about what had happened in the last couple of days that we hadn’t seen each other. I knew that right in that moment I never wanted anything to change. I knew that I could live happily forever in that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tate and Niall cuteness!!!! :D

4 chapters to go!!