‹ Prequel: Fight for You
Status: Sequel to my previous story Fight For You - layout by Bara-Baby :D

Never See Me Giving In

7

Tate

“Wait since when did you like boy band guys?” Jacob asked me from my door as I applied a minimal amount of make up in my mirror.

“Drop it Jake,” I sighed.

“All I’m saying he’s not your normal type of guy.” He defended.

“Isn’t that a good thing? All of my ‘usual’ guys end up breaking my heart in the end. Niall, Niall is different. He’s sweet and he’s innocent and he opens doors for me...” I trailed off lamely turning to look at my brother who smiled at me amused.

“So you’re going to go out with this guy because he opened a door for you?”

“JAKE!” I glared at him. He laughed at me.

“I’m joking. Look I’m glad that you’re going out with him. You know I’ve never like your previous boyfriends. Douche’s that they were. Niall seems pretty decent. Just never pictured my punk sister dating a blonde.” He winked at me. I laughed and slapped his arm as I walked past to find my favourite pair of Toms.

“Alright, how do I look?” I asked Ander, Jacob and Lee. They all sat on the couch staring at my outfit that consisted of white jeans tucked into red wrap around Toms boots. I had a white singlet underneath a red leather jacket. I had my usual array of bracelets up my arms most concealed by my jacket though. My hair was down and wavy and I only had basic make up with a little heavy mascara to make my eyes pop.

“I’d bang you.” Ander answered. I rolled my eyes at him. He was always painfully honest. Jacob scrunched his nose up in disgust at Ander. However all three boys turned to look at the door as it knocked. Before I could react that had all jumped the couch and bolted to the door.

“Shit,” I cursed quickly running after them. Grabbing my purse along the way I tried to push them out of the way as they flung the door open and all three stared menacingly at the blonde Irish boy. He looked nervous and I could tell the boys weren’t helping the situation. Sighing I pushed them out of the way and stood in front of Niall. His eyes instantly lit up and he smiled at me. I smiled back blushing slightly.

“We match,” He laughed pointing to his red jeans and black polo shirt. I laughed.

“Awww,” All three boys cooed behind us. I rolled my eyes and spun around. I leant forward grabbed the door handle and slammed it shut on all of them.

“Sorry about them,” I smiled at Niall.

“Ready to go?” His eyes twinkled. I nodded and followed him down the stairs and to his car. He quickly opened the car door for me. Smiling largely I thanked him and got in. We sat in silence through the short car ride there.

We pulled up outside Nandos and I climbed out of the car. I saw Niall frown slightly as he reached my side of the car.

“What?” I asked worriedly.

“I was supposed to open your door.” He mumbled, I laughed and blushed.

As we got to the door of the restaurant Niall rushed forward and pulled the door open for me smiling wildly. I smiled back at him, I couldn’t believe how cute and sweet he was being.

“Do you want me to order for you?” Niall offered as I stood staring at the menu having no idea what was good or not. I nodded at him.

“Do you like spicy food?” He asked.

“Ehh, not too hot but I don’t mind a bit.” I answered. He nodded and ordered our food without even glancing at the menu.

“You really do come here a lot!” I giggled. He smiled at me.

“You’re giggles cute,” He suddenly said. My eyes went wide and I blushed a deep red and ducked my face slightly. I heard him chuckle before grabbing my hand and leading me over to a table for two. I felt a little disappointed as he dropped my hand when we reached the table but brushed it off.

We sat there making small talk until our food came out. I glanced down at the food and took a bite hesitantly. I glanced at Niall surprised to see he hadn’t even looked at his food yet. He was too busy watching me.

“Well?” He asked excitedly.

“It’s really good.” I admitted honestly, giggling as his face lit up and he began to dig into his food. He even let me try some of his food which was good but a lot hotter than mine. I drunk a fair bit of water after trying it. We talked and laughed the rest of the night chatting about anything.

“Oh my god, I completely forgot to tell you!” I almost yelled smacking myself in the head. We received curious glanced from the people around us.

“I’m going on tour to America in three weeks!” I announced to Niall. He smiled hugely at me and jumped up. I was shocked for a moment and he practically launched himself at me and pulled me into a tight hug. Laughing I hugged him back happily. He smelled amazing and his hugs were extremely warm.

“How long for?” He asked sitting back down.

“Two months.” I said smiling largely at him. “I am unbelievably excited.”

“I wish you told me sooner and I would have taken you somewhere nicer to celebrate.” He frowned slightly.

“This was perfect, really. I’m not really into fancy restaurants. Dinner at home watching a movie is a good date to me.” I said smiling at him.

“So this is a date then?” He asked me happily. I instantly blushed and looked down. Neither of us had really announced what this was and I just had to open my big mouth.

“Oh, well um...” I stuttered and trailed off not looking at him.

“I want this to be a date.” Niall said shyly from in front of me. I instantly looked at him smiling. We sat there for a while longer before we decided to leave.

We reached my apartment and Niall unbuckled his belt again ready to walk me up. Smiling I slid out of the car and waited for him to walk around my side. As we started to walk inside he suddenly reached over and grabbed my hand. I smiled largely and entwined my fingers with his. I couldn’t help but realise how easy and right this felt.

We arrived at my door too soon and I turned to look at him.

“Thank you for tonight,” I said softly. He smiled at me and raised his hand hesitantly before brushing it across my cheek. He then let go of my hand and raised his hand to touch my other cheek. He then leant forwards slightly before pressing his lips softly against mine. My eyes fluttered shut as my lips tingled at the slight pressure his soft lips had against mine. After a moment he pulled back a little bit and my eyes flew open, his face still close to mine. He grinned at me as I offered a small smile back biting my lip. He eventually stepped back removing his hands from my face.

“Are you going to the studio tomorrow?” He asked softly. I merely nodded at him not believing I had the ability to move my lips to form any words.

“I’ll see you then,” He smiled softly at me before giving a small wave goodbye and heading down the hallway. I sighed happily before opening the door and walking inside. The moment I looked up I was met with six curious eyes staring at me intently.

“Well I’ll give him this much, he brought you home at a decent hour AND he walked you to the door. Very charming.” Jacob winked at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

“So, how was it? Tell us everything?” Lee put on a girly voice and sat watching me intently.

“Shut up,” I laughed walking past them to my room.

“Did he treat you right?” Ander asked quietly. I stopped and turned back to look at them all.

“Amazingly.” I said softly before quickly walking into my room. I sat on my bed for a while wishing that I actually did have a girl I could talk to about tonight. I suddenly thought of someone. I grabbed my phone and went through my contacts until I found Skye’s name. I bit my lip and hesitated before hitting call. I brought it to my ear and waited as it rung. It went on for a while, just as I was about to hang up, a male voice answered.

“Hello?”

“Oh hey, Harry.” I practically squeaked out.

“Tate?” He asked groggily. I nodded then realised he couldn’t see me I quickly said yes.

“Sorry for waking you, I’ll just call in the morning,” I said hurriedly about to hang up the phone.

“No wait! Just let me wake up Skye,” He said quickly. I could hear some shuffling in the background before Skye’s sleepy voice floated through the phone.

“Oh good I was kind of hoping you might call me to tell me everything,” I heard her say as I smiled glad she was okay with me calling.

“So spill,” She said laughing at me. I laughed and proceeded to tell her about the whole night. Detail by detail. I felt silly at first but I found I started to enjoy it.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Date!! :)