‹ Prequel: Lost Cause

Hallelujah

Someone Call for an Interruption?

After a long intrusion on this egg crate-walled room, we finally separated ourselves a bit, coming up for a gasping breath or two.

"So.." I began, my head laying on his chest again, feeling an intense satisfaction in the realization that his heart was pounding. That same small, berating voice in my head hissed out as suddenly as the strike of a snake. You're going to get caught. Leave before you get too attached again. I did my best to roll my eyes at my own ... erm, voice, and snuggled against Matt more. He put his hand on my hair, petting downward and looking into my eyes.

"So what?" I shrugged, though the effect was dampened, and smiled broadly.

"Dunno." I entertained myself by running my fingertips lightly over his hot skin. He stiffened a bit, causing me to frown and give up. "If it matters at all, you still taste good," He chuckled at that; I heard it through the fabric covering his toned chest. I smiled and closed my eyes, suddenly exhausted and wanting to just stay on him for a few hours. Matt was my mattress, every pun intended. I felt his fingertips graze under my chin, his attempt to call me back.

"Hey, don't die on me yet, Babe," The use of a pet name made my eyes shoot open again. I blinked quite a few times before picking up my head and shuffling a bit. Understanding grew on his face. "So, this," he traced a finger lazily over my lip, causing me to shiver noticeably against him, "stays between us?" I nodded, responding,

"Let's just see how this ..all.. unfolds." It was his turn to shrug, sighing slowly. "Anyway, I don't think I'm quite done with you right now." He smiled, those adorable dimples catching my eye, and his large hand fell to against my neck. It felt too good to return to his lips. Round two, I see... The voice sounded disapproving, but I was reliving old moments, remembering why I'd felt most complete with him working to bring me around. The voice was far off as his hands found the hem of my tank top and glanced at the skin underneath.

We'd only just began again when I felt Matt's phone vibrating against my outer thigh. I reached into his pocket, searched a bit only for his sharp intake of breath, and pulled out his cell, handing it to him and resuming my spot on his chest (listening to his pounding heart) as he flipped the phone open.

"Hey Jimmy," Pause, I heard Rev's voice vaguely distinguished on the other end of the line. "Nah, I'm still here, dumbfuck," another pause. I pressed a peck against Matt's cheek and stood up again, moving only to my original chair and doing my best to smooth the snarls (caused by Matt, thanks for that,) out of my locks. "In booth... I think it's C, going over some of the master tracks with Cady,"

"Hi Tard!" I called loudly in the direction of the receiver. Matt rolled his gorgeous eyes and mouthed "he says hi back" to me.

"We have our number 1 fan back, I think," Matt responded to him. I felt nerves tighten the pit of my stomach, suddenly wondering what everyone was thinking about what Matt and I may have been doing. I curled my hand around the edge of the mixing board and bit my lip. Told you you'd get caught. But you never listen to the ones that are right, do you? Stupid Bitch. Oh, go kill yourself, I mentally spat.

"Arright, Jimster, we'll be out again in a minute. One last song to show her." He snorted at Jimmy's retort. I paled slightly. "I don't think even soundproof walls could deflect that noise... Okay, see ya," He flipped the phone shut and reached over, yanking a bit of my hair.

"Stop freaking out already. It'll make you seem even guiltier." He had a point so I loosened my grip on the mixing board and tried to stop myself from curling into a ball. I wondered vaugely if Matt had any experience in this whole cheating thing. He raised an eyebrow. "You still look like you're about to have a panic attack." I whined through my nose and wrapped my arms around each other, my forehead wrinkled.

Didn't I have reason to? Nevertheless, I shook my head hard and took a deep breath, relaxing as much as I could. He seemed more satisfied with my acted expression. "Much better, now I guess we should get outta here before they check up on us." He shrugged and stood up, I doing so with him and wrapping my arms around his neck before he could move away.

One for the road?

A soft, deep, but rushed kiss, our tongues glancing only once. He pulled away, a smile in his eyes.

"What? I'm a needy bitch," I started, putting my hands on my hips and ignoring the slight tremors that were back (I was surprised he hadn't asked why I seemed shaky, but decided it was better if he wasn't constantly worried about me.) and continuing a small smile, "Haven't you figured this out by now?"

He shook his head and led me out, his large hand on the small of my back, "No comment," to which I slapped him in the back of the head as we returned to the real world. Or, more realistically, a slightly less surreal one than what we'd escaped.