‹ Prequel: Lost Cause

Hallelujah

Bubble Wrap

After a few moments of sitting on the floor in the guest room and thinking, I got up and walked to the master bedroom, plopping myself heavily onto the large bed. It was only five minutes until the front door opened and I heard my name being called.

"I'm up here, Hun!" I shouted back. The thought of installing intercoms in the house popped into my head. It'd be helpful, no doubt...

"Cady, honey. Babygirl, you alright?" Brian said from the doorway. I felt a twinge of guilt seize me, I'd worried him and I hate worrying people. "Cady?" Oh, that's right. Talking.

"Y-yeah. Sorry about all that, I just didn't wanna make a big deal-" He snorted, I looked up to see him crossing his arms. "Okay, so it was a big deal.."

"No shit, you got everyone freaked out over you right now." I sat up on the edge of the bed and huffed childishly.

"Bri, I'm fine now!" I was. I mean, my escape route was only 25 feet away. I wondered to myself why he was making such a big deal out of this. I got up and started over to him, but my low blood pressure disagreed. My knees gave out and I was left sitting at an odd angle on the floor, wavering slightly. Brian swooped down, a hand on each of my shoulders and concerned eyes yet again. I shook my head hard and said,

"That was unrelated. I have hypotension so I fall down sometimes if I move too quickly. Ask Matt, he knows a lot about it." He sighed. "Actually the term for what just happened is orthostatic hypotension. It's not gonna kill me, it just gets annoying because it worries people needlessly." Matt did know a lot about that though. He's the one that freaked out and made me go to a doctor after the first incident he witnessed of my 'love for the floor.' He stood and helped me up, I planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"You absolutely sure you're okay, Cadybear?" I smiled at his words.

"Yes, but what is it with you and nicknames, Crazy Man?" He pouted and my stomach flip-flopped. How had I hooked such a male model?

"I'm not crazy," he whispered, pulling me in closer, "I just care about you too much to see anything happen to you,"

"Well then wrap me in bubble wrap, why don't cha?" I teased lightly, giggling hysterically when he picked me up bridal-style and carried me the few feet to the bed.

"No can do, babe," he whispered as he straddled me. My eyes were wide with surprise. (You'd think I'd realize by now that he found me attractive... for some reason.) "If I did that then how could I touch you?" I giggled again as he played with the buttons on my top.

"Eh, I see your point there," I said with a shrug. He smiled evilly and said,

"Actually, I have two. Wanna see the other one?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt the need to write a chapter showing the chemistry between her and Brian, so uhm. yeah.