Two Part Harmony

Past

6 years ago

I was in the recording studio watching Ryan record his first demo. He was having a blast and smiling the whole time. It was cute and I was extremely happy for him. Once he finished he came up to me and gave me a big kiss. “You should go in there and try it out he might realize that your just as talent as I am.” Ryan said and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. Of course I didn’t go in because well he already offered me all of this and I declined.

“It’s okay I don’t want him to hear me and realize I am way better than you, so he drops you as a client for me.” I said sarcastically and he smiled.

He went back in for another session and I did feel a little jealous because that could be me. I always did want to record in a studio, but I never thought I would get the chance. Now given the chance I quickly declined.

After a long day of recording Ryan and I decide to get some ice cream even though it was raining outside. Ice cream is always the best when it is cold outside. “Do you think anyone is going to love my music?” Ryan asked randomly.

“Everybody is going to love it.” I said with a fake smile because some part of me wanted him to fail, so he wouldn’t have the fame go to his head or leave me for some bitchy celebrity. But because I loved him and he really wanted this I kept my feelings to myself.